IGNORED

Goin' on Rideabout, New England

Scooter Bob

Goin' to fill in the rest of my map in the area and get a saddlebag from Jonesy at Americade later the following week.

Probably leavin' thursday night the 3rd of june, head south to the middle of IL and then head east through Indy and take I70 to the middle of PA and then down to DC. From there I'll be trying to ride in all those states but also trying to miss the big cities. When I get to Maine, I'm going to see if that "Haynesville road is just a ribbon of ice" in june, and then head back west to Mt Washington and then to Lake George.

I'll keep posting to this thread as I go, but I'll probably camp quite a few nights so it may not be often as the trip progresses.

If anyone lives along I70 in western Pa that would like company for a night next Friday, let me know.

Beyond that, I have know idea where I'll end up at this point, but would like to meet a few more folks from here if it works out.

Later, Scooter Bob :Venture:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch yer speed carefully when yer running on the Slabs in Noo England.....some of the rookie State Police are very ticket happy....

Boomer.....who sez ride safe, enjoy the trip, and don't pick up any hitch-hiking pygmies.

Bike's all set to go. Half the packin' is done as well. Hope to leave Thursday after work and head south.:banana:

I'll be glad to buy the beer:beersign: for a place for a tent or a spot on the garage floor.

It's not that I'm being cheap, I'd just like to meet a few more good folks along the way.

Later, Scooter Bob

Bike's loaded and ready for the trip.:banana:

I just have to stop in Beaver Dam and put in 8 more hours at the factory.:bang head:

I'll say my good byes to Karen :173: after that and hit the road from there.:cool10:

If there's any offers for a place to camp in central Ill tonight,:scratchchin: post here before 3pm, or else give me a call after that at 920_a_210_a_4652.

Later, Scooter Bob

ALMOST:Venture:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38847

Edited by Scooter Bob
added useful thread link at bottom for my use later

I got to Lowell, IN (a few miles south of Valparasio) last night after work. Hit the road this morning about the same time I usually head for work.

Much better to keep ridin' for 12 hours instead of stopping at the factory.:doh:

Put on a little over 600 miles today, and find myself in Bedford, PA. I've got a cheap room right off the turnpike that has a bar out back. :cool10:

Stayed ahead of the storms so far,:duck: we'll see what the morning brings.

Tomorrow, it's off to D.C. and over to Delaware, and then head back north with a big requirement to try to miss big city traffic and such. Wish me luck on that.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

Sorry I missed you on the way through this afternoon,:confused24: but I really was in the neighborhood.:innocent:

The XM satalite radio Bluegrass channel was being broadcast live from the "Midwest Banjo Festival" in MI this morning. Maybe that's where you're at.:scratchchin:

Maybe next time, Scooter Bob

...and while you're enjoying the open road, I'll be wrenching :stickpoke:. Have a Safe trip, and no deer hunting like me. We'll have to catch up later in the summer up on Hwy B??

From what I've heard, I'll have too watch out for Moose when I get to Maine also.:bang head:

We'll have to catch up later in the summer up on Hwy B??

Hwy B?? In Richford??:scratchchin:

Later, Scooter Bob :Venture:

I just had to get off the big road in eastern IN, when I saw the signs for this place.

It was about a dozen zig zag miles north-northeast, but worth it just to say I've been there seen that.

Well, time to hit the shower and get the bike loaded back up and on the road.:cool10:

:scratchchin:EErr, from the looks of the sky, maybe I can take my shower after I leave.:bang head:

Off to D.C., Later, Scooter Bob :Venture:

Wow, I was closer to D.C. than I thought. Should be in the mess by mid morning. Will snag a few pics of some of the sights, but won't spend a lot of time there.

Yes Karen, I stopped for breakfast. But it looks like the rain caught up to me again, so time to go and get ahead of it for the 3rd time.

Later, Scooter Bob

Dangit, I wish you'd a called.:bang head:

I stayed at an overpriced fleabag motel, dirty, bed springs sticking out, wi-fi doesn't work. By the time I found all this out, it was almost dark, and I wasn't taking any chances on the road.

I'm in Coatsville. Looks like about 30 miles south of you.

Wanna meet for breakfast? I've got some more work to do on here first, then back in the saddle.

I'll probably be up there around 8am. Give me a call 920_a_210_a_4652

Later, Scooter Bob

Left Pa yesterday morning, had breakfast in MD, saw some of DC, east to DE, and back up into PA for the night.

Traffic in downtown DC was horrible. I don't know how people can live like that every day. Sure was nice to get on some two laners with no traffic later in the day.

I did get a few pics while I was there.

Today it's up to Reading, and then head through Allentown and into NJ. I'll ride through what looks like nice area there for a while and then head north and then east into CN and RI and MA and hopefullly into NH by night. I just can't tell how long this will take. But, I hope I won't be stuck in too much traffic today.

Later, Scooter Bob

Sorry I missed you on the way through this afternoon,:confused24: but I really was in the neighborhood.:innocent:

The XM satalite radio Bluegrass channel was being broadcast live from the "Midwest Banjo Festival" in MI this morning. Maybe that's where you're at.:scratchchin:

Maybe next time, Scooter Bob

Saturday, the XM satalite radio Bluegrass channel was broadcasting live from a bluegrass festival in southern OHIO. Maybe that's where you're at.:scratchchin:

Later, Scooter Bob

:Venture:

That I actually went into DC. Actually going in was nice (see previous post), but after that it was all downhill from a traffic standpoint.

But it is pretty cool to see, and say I've been there.:cool10:

Hey Honey, I will take you to see D.C. someday...

WE WILL FLY THERE AND TAKE THE BUS EVERYWHERE.

Later, Scooter Bob

:Venture:

Believe it or not,

We are not entirely forgotten about in D.C.

At least we have a street with our name on it.

Later, Scooter Bob

Well, at least we got something for all the money we send them.

Glad the trip is rolling along nicely. Thanks for the updates.

RR

Sorry ya didnt get my message sooner Bob, we could've put you up for the nite, it was great meeting you for breakfast and the ride up to allentown. Hope you have a good day today and a safe trip:fingers-crossed-emo wish I could have tagged along for a few days:bawling: Look me up if ya come back this way on your way home. Craig