IGNORED

Goin' on Rideabout, New England

Scooter Bob

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops, I was a mile down the mountain when I realized I forgot to take a picture of the bike at the top.:bang head:

Took these at the 5,000 foot mark.

That last one is a downward pic taken from the bike seat while stopped on the edge of the road.:doh:

Later, Scooter Bob

Go down the Kangamangus Highway(not sure of spelling). It runs between Rt.s 93 and 16 in N. Conway N.H. Mt Washington is right there too.

Very nice road, Thanks for the tip everyone.:thumbsup2:

Follows a river for most of the trip. There's also a covered bridge just off into the park to the north.

Lots of beautiful riding around here.

Later, Scooter Bob

Made it to Lebanon, NH tonight. Just a little over 100 miles to Americade.

Meet up with Jonesy later in the morning and get the saddlebag that started this whole trip.

Then try to hook up with a few other VR members that are in the area and check out the sights in the neighborhood.

Later, Scooter Bob

:Venture:

How about the good stuff.

Despite the cool rain when I started this morning, US 4 in eastern VT is a very nice road. Found a real nice covered bridge along the way that croses the river that the road in following. pics to follow

Rolled into downtown Lake George for Americade and met up with Jonesy to get the saddlebag from him that started this whole trip idea. pics to follow

We went down to the vendor area to look around and met up with Jarrejx and Yama-Qman from Hammond, IN.

Did a little shirt shopping, could only find one for me, and then headed out of town.

Just south of town, I decided to go back and check out another vendor set up I had seen on the way in just south of town to find some more shirts for the family.

Now for the bad...

I turn right into the driveway, and am waiting for a couple bikes to move so I can get parked. I here a crunch to my left, and look over to see a white wing, that had been waiting to leave, slowly falling over. Another bike had come in from the north (left turning into the drive) and had run into the wing front end. A second bike coming in slides down, and the third one in the group hit the front of the pickup the three were all apparently trying to quickly cut in front of on the just rain soaked pavement. The guy goes over the handlebars doing a somersault onto the hood of the truck. Not a nice thing to watch. Hope everyone ends up ok out of the deal.

After that, I headed out for the last time and made it to Oneonta, Ny along I88. Heading towards home from here in the morning.

Pictures to follow, Scooter Bob

He just got some pinstriping done on the trike this week, really lookin' sharp.:thumbsup2:

My bike looks pretty sad with one shiny saddlebag, and the rest covered in road grime.:doh:

Thanks for holding on to the bag so long for me,:You_Rock_Emoticon: and taking me shopping. Nice meeting you and your wife.

Let me know if you here any more about that accident, or how everyone is doing.

Thanks Again, Scooter Bob

Bob, see thats the kind of stuff I told you about, my wife saw that rear ender in the center of town, one went but stopped and 2nd couldn't, both went over. Alot of times its people not used to the conjestion of so many together at one time, throw in a car or truck, not willing to wait alittle longer, bet the guy who went over the hood will wait next time for things to clear out. Was it that leather place you run into on the way out, that place is awful for conjestion. Glad you wasn't part of it, next to have met you and hope to again. later

Bob, see thats the kind of stuff I told you about, my wife saw that rear ender in the center of town, one went but stopped and 2nd couldn't, both went over. Alot of times its people not used to the conjestion of so many together at one time, throw in a car or truck, not willing to wait alittle longer,

And that is why I just don't like being at these big bike rallies. I can't stand the traffic congestion myself. Nor the noise. Thought it was neat 15 or 20 years ago, but now, not so much.

Was it that leather place you run into on the way out,

Yup!

I just looked at 3 Albany tv station websites and didn't here any mention of an accident, so maybe it wasn't that bad.

You guys be safe and enjoy the rest of your stay.

Later, Scooter Bob

Hey Scooter Bob,

Not sure which way you are heading home? :confused24: If you want some good riding and scenery drop down to hi-way # 6 in Pennsylvania. Great road last time I was out that way, :thumbsup2: but that was 4 years ago too. :whistling:

Bryan

Ya hay, That's what I was eyeing up. Gonna run this I88 down to PA, and then drop down and putt across 6 towards Ohio. From there it'll be time to jump on the turnpike and hammer down for home.

Hope to make western OH or maybe eastern IN for the night. If anyone along there wants to offer a place to stay tonight, I'll buy the beer, give me a call and leave a message. 920aa210aa4652

Later, Scooter Bob

Bob,

Think you will make FtWayne? I will call my folks and see if they are around tonight. Always have a bed available for wayward travelers. I'll leave a message on your cell if they are around.

Looks like you are having a great ride. Did you put your "This bike climbed Mt. Washington" sticker on the new shiny bag?

RR

Did you put your "This bike climbed Mt. Washington" sticker on the new shiny bag? RR

Haven't decided where to put it yet. I bought a little magnet as well. Thinkin' I might put that on the triple tree.

Not that I need any memorabelia,

I'LL NEVER FORGET THAT RIDE!

Later, Scooter Bob

Man, PA is a big state, well as far as east goes anyways, and on the two lanes all the way.

I got into PA southwest of Binghampton, NY about 9:30. Headed down to US6 and started east. It was nearly 6pm when I finally got out.

BUT, a lot of pretty country to see. I wasn't totally thrilled with the route to us6 from the border, so I switched GARMIN to "shortest route". Ended up on a nice little cow path for about 15 miles cuttin' through the hills. Right when I get to US6, I have to cross another covered bridge.! PICS TO FOLLOW.

Ran west for quite a ways, then rode south on a tiny blacktop road for 5 miles to see the "Grand Canyon of PA" PICS TO FOLLOW.

While at the Canyon lookout, I noticed a few other little roads in the woods on the GPS, so I hit the "GO HOME" button. PICS TO FOLLOW.

6 MILES WITHOUT SEEING A SINGLE OTHER VEHICLE!:cool10: 3 MILES WITH BIKE OFF IN NEUTRAL ROLLING DOWN THE SIDE OF THE HILL!:thumbsup2: WHAT A PEACEFUL RIDE!:banana:

Headed west again, and stopped to take some pics of Kinzua Dam. PICS TO FOLLOW.

Once I hit the big road at the NW corner of OH, it was time to hammer down towards home. Made it to the SE side of Toledo, right off the turnpike.

Thanks for finding me the room Karen!:D

Garmin says 407 miles to home Honey!!!:thumbsup2:

But Wait..:scratchchin: If I make another 85 miles, It'll be a 4,000 mile trip.:banana:

We'll see what the weather brings tomorrow, I'm thinkin' mostly rain, but we'll see.

More to come, Scooter Bob

Thanks for the pictures, :photographing:Bryan

Your Welcome.

It was a gorgeous ride today. Even blew through Cleveland this evening with no problems.

There are about a dozen "single lane wait for the other direction to pass" construction zones along the way right now.

But hey, at the last one I was first to the Flag man and we chatted for ten minutes while I waited. He didn't know how many of these there were across the state.

Later, Scooter Bob

The guy in the room next door is from New Zealand.

Came to CA, bought a Honda sport tourer kinda bike, and has been riding for 16 days already, with a couple weeks to go before he gets back to CA and ships the bike home.

I just have to win the lottery. Then i can do that.

Later, Scooter Bob

Where's Scooter Bob?? :confused24: His last report was 6:35 am yesterday. I am starting to have withdrawal symptoms. :whistling:

All riders keep an eye out for Scooter Bob and lend him your wi-fi!!!! (Somewhere between Pennsylvania and Fox Lake, Wisconsin.) :lightbulb: It's just a small area! :smile5:

Before I go into total withdrawal! :yikes:

Bryan