The question has been asked a few times if there was a gear indicator available for the Royal Star Venture and the Royal Star. I have been in contact with the same company that makes the Speedohealer and they do have one that will work on our bikes. I have been 100% pleased with the Speedohealer so decided to add the gear indicator also.

This is a simple plug and play device that indicates what gear you are in. I just ordered one and will give a full report on it after I receive and install it but if this is something you have been interested in, you can find the information here.

They told me that we should purchase from their USA Distributor:

http://www.calsportbike.com/gpx

but the manufacturers website is:

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

From the info they sent to me:

The GIpro X-type will work great.

Part number: "GIPRO-X-color + GPX-Y01"

Where 'color' is either Red or Blue

Price is $132.99

Edited by Freebird

Good to know and for some maybe good to have. For me ... engine sound is about all I need and the only time I tend to care what gear I am in is when I'm stopped... "did I put it in 1st or is it still in 2nd?" .... then comes the foot with a second and third "insurance" down shift attempt... lol

Out of curiosity, I looked at the site for the gear indicator.

What I could gather from the FAQ section is that the indicator will only work when the clutch is released.

It seems that they are taking the RPM's and comparing it to the speed reading to determine a gear.

This would not then possibly give an accurate indication if you where coming up to a light with the clutch in and down shifting through the gears as you coasted up.

Another thing that may be a fly in the ointment is the people that have changed the rear end out to VMax gearing. Will there be a way to reprogram the logic to compensate for the RPM increase in any given gear?

Interesting idea, but may not be as good as the 1st gen Royale's dash indicator.

Gary

The price is a little steep for me for what the device is going to do. However, I am also interested as to how it would accurately work on the Venture and eventually be inclined to buy one in the future. Thanks for taking the time to share this to forum members.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering if you've tried this yet I'm interested so just curiuos how it worked. Also I've e-mailed Ponch to see if he would be interested modifying his gauge plates to accept the gear indicator

Would others be interested in this as it might be easier to get him to do this if there was enough interest

Jeff

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...