IGNORED

Hey Squidley!!!

Yammer Dan

Did you know there is a place in Texas that has a 72 oz steak dinner with all the trimmings?? If you can eat it in less than a hour it is free!!! If not 50 bucks. Didn't catch where it was at exactly, somewhere in Armarillo( Big Steak Ranch??) but it sounds doable to me!!:fatsmiley:

Edited by Yammer Dan

It's the Big Texan, in Amarillo. Here's the rules.

FREE 72OZ STEAK DINNER RULES

Meal consists of: Shrimp Cocktail, Baked Potato, Salad, with Roll, Butter, and of course the 72 oz. Steak

1. Entire meal must be completed in one hour. If any of the meal is not consumed (swallowed)...YOU LOSE!

2. Before the time starts, you will be allowed to cut into the steak, and take one bite. If the steak tastes good and is cooked to your satisfaction, we will start the time upon your acceptable approval. The time will not stop, and the contest is on, so make SURE before you say “yes.”

3. Once you have started you are not allowed to stand up, leave your table, or have anyone else TOUCH the meal.

4. You will be disqualified if anyone assists you in cutting, preparing or eating of your meal. This is YOUR contest.

5. You don’t have to eat the fat, but we will judge this.

6. Should you become ill, the contest is over... YOU LOSE! (Please use the container provided as necessary.)

7. You are required to pay the full amount up front; if you win we will refund 100%.

8. You must sit at a table that we assign.

9. If you do not win the steak challenge, you are welcome to take the leftovers with you.

10. No consumption or sharing of the leftovers is allowed in the restaurant once the contest is over.

Does it include Dessert???:confused24:

Doesn't seem so, but it does include a shrimp cocktail. I am sure Lonna could take that and make a cheesecake. :happy65:

I've been there, and the chair they seat you in is a raised throne. You are on display as you attempt to finish this. The record for eating it is 8 minutes 52 seconds.

Dave

Just watch out for the potato! The one I got was about the size of a football! That was the killer. Got the steak down fine but the tater was my demise.

I still blame that meal for the fact I can no longer wear 34" waist pants.

It is an experience.

Mike

Sounds good except for the shrimp cocktail part, I am allergic to seafood.

There used to be a restarant locally hear that had a 42oz sirloin challange, I used to go there when I was poor and hungry till they refused to let me do the challenge any more.:happy-emoticon:

There is another pizza joint where I am still the only person to finish off their large deep dish pizza. 24" dia x 3" thick with a thin crust.

I did not know till after it was done that I was the first, That was 30 years ago and I am still the only one.

No way could I do that now. I'd have a heart attack if I were to even think about it.:confused24:

Ahhh..... the good old days.

Dan,

When I was a younger lad I might have attempted that steak, but not now :no-no-no: I have seen the place on the food channel and it looks interesting, were making it a point to go there to eat. I have been really good at limiting my food intake, actually loosing a few inches lately :banana:

Not to be outdone by youse Texans, there's a place in Boyle Heights CA called 'El Tepeyac' that serves up a 4 pound burito called Manuel's Special. Back in the day if you ate two of them they were free. I ate one and it almost killed me. Had to lay on my back spread eagled on the livingroom floor for an hour afterwards.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCEgXV0UjUg]YouTube- EL TEPEYAC MANUEL BURRITO[/ame]

At one time in the early nineties the Buck-Horn truck-stop hear by me had a all you can eat spaghetti and meat ball dinner for $15.

After the 4th plate I was dun, the meat balls thay served with the meal was the size of a soft ball and there was 3 per meal. I managed to get thru half of the fifth plate before I quit which could not count. The record there was 6. I love to eat at places that serve alot of good food and at a reasonable price such as the Golden Corral.

Dan,

When I was a younger lad I might have attempted that steak, but not now :no-no-no: I have seen the place on the food channel and it looks interesting, were making it a point to go there to eat. I have been really good at limiting my food intake, actually loosing a few inches lately :banana:

I think I need to do the same thing Brad. No more Moe burgers for me! :whistling:

I think I need to do the same thing Brad. No more Moe burgers for me! :whistling:

Holy Cow that was some serious Mojo there wasn't it Bob

:yikes: I know I wont be attempting that any time soon again :hihi:

Hey Dan....how was that Toco Stew :stickpoke: