IGNORED

Optical Illusion

dunvilsteev

I went for a ride with 2 buddies and I assumed that everyone knew about an "optical illusion" in our area, but neither one had heard of it. Upon seeing it they had to go back and try it again and then again. So I thought I'd mention it here, for anyone near the Port Colborne area, just in case you had not seen it either.

When travelling in an EASTERN direction along Lakeshore Rd West at Oakridge Rd, there is a bend in the road just as Lake Erie comes into view. Across the water is a factory, and when first viewed it looks huge, but as you get closer it moves further away! Ergo the optical illusion.

If your in the area, check it out, it will amaze!

In SLC, near the Capitol, there is an optical illusion. It works great in a car.

The Capitol is located on the hills at the north end of the SL valley. As you go past it on the east side the road splits, the left fork going further up the mountain and the right fork going into Memory Grove. From the perspective of driving, the right fork appears to go down into the park but in reality it does continue very gradually uphill. It was always fun to take new people there, stop on the right fork with the car in neutral and have the car start to roll "uphill".

Dave

You can do it on Google maps.

I found the street, and backed up down the block, then moved forward, That's pritty darn cool. I did it twice.

Its the up slope, on the road, that creates, that effect, as you come to the turn.

Cool, I found it to.

You can do it on Google maps.

I found the street, and backed up down the block, then moved forward, That's pritty darn cool. I did it twice.

Its the up slope, on the road, that creates, that effect, as you come to the turn.

Looks WAY better in person, but at least y'all can see ....... it wasn't JUST my drugs :Laugh:

I went for a ride with 2 buddies and I assumed that everyone knew about an "optical illusion" in our area, but neither one had heard of it. Upon seeing it they had to go back and try it again and then again. So I thought I'd mention it here, for anyone near the Port Colborne area, just in case you had not seen it either.

When travelling in an EASTERN direction along Lakeshore Rd West at Oakridge Rd, there is a bend in the road just as Lake Erie comes into view. Across the water is a factory, and when first viewed it looks huge, but as you get closer it moves further away! Ergo the optical illusion.

If your in the area, check it out, it will amaze!

The factory is framed by trees which makes it appear bigger. As you get closer, the "frame" widens and the factory appears to get smaller (within the frame). COOL!

I believe it looks that way because of the perspective of the size of the opening in the trees and the size of the pole as well.

As you're farther from the Opening in the trees and the pole the building looks larger because those two things are smaller from that distance. As you get closer to the opening and pole their sizes increase which makes the size of the factory decrease. Since the pole and the opening are lots closer, their perspective size increases greatly as you get closer. Since the factory is farther away, it's size will not change much as you get closer to the opening and the pole.

It's all relational perspective.

I believe it looks that way because of the perspective of the size of the opening in the trees and the size of the pole as well.

As you're farther from the Opening in the trees and the pole the building looks larger because those two things are smaller from that distance. As you get closer to the opening and pole their sizes increase which makes the size of the factory decrease. Since the pole and the opening are lots closer, their perspective size increases greatly as you get closer. Since the factory is farther away, it's size will not change much as you get closer to the opening and the pole.

It's all relational perspective.

hmmmmmmmm.... seems I saw a "version" of this somewhere already... :scratchchin: :sign20:

.... okay, if you say so. Still leaning towards the BCBud myself ....

... after some of that it does make things take on a different relational perspective so the answer "relational perspective" could well be correct LOL