IGNORED

Please humor this proud old father's boasting

YamaDuck

Well this is not about any motorcycle topic. It is just a proud old papa (me) doing a little boasting. As many of you who have children know raising kids is challenging and rewarding. One of my three children has accomplished something very few amateurs ever accomplish. He is a amateur natural (no steroids) body builder. He is on the current issue cover of a national magazine, Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness. I am very impressed and proud that they chose Josh for what is usually reserved for the Pro's. Muscle Tech is sponsoring him and sending him th Barbados to compete in the INBF Mr. Universe contest. This is in itself an honor because Muscle Tech does not usually sponsor amateurs on contest outside the US. I bought my tickets and I'm going with him. So wish Josh luck the competition is on June 12th. Sorry for the thread but I know my VentureRider family will support us in this endeavor. Here are a couple of pictures of Josh. One is the mag cover and the other is him at the gym.

Thanks,

Harry

I have kids of my own as I have boasted before. I know first hand how hard it can be to keep them from using "substances". Must go twice as hard for you considering the obvious goals your son has set for himself. Congratulations on raising a kid in this day and age where it is so easy to have a "better"life through chemicals. Again good on ya!:cool10::bighug::dancefool::thumbsup2::thumbsup::happy65:

Very impressive. Now you have to go down to Barbados what a hardship that part is. Sorry just teasing. I hope he does well, but he's done great so far. The fact that he stayed away from the steroids in that field is quite a feat and something to be very proud of.

Margaret

Hey, if you don't blow your own horn who will? A son to be proud of!:thumbsup2::thumbsup2: Good job, and a great accomplishment, enjoy your trip to Barbados and tell your son good luck in the contest.:D

Congrats and have a safe trip to Barbados. Were all pulling that he does well there.

I remember my youth. I too was on the cover of a National magazine......I won 1st place in "Best Couch Potato & Slacker Award" I have excelled ever since....:pushups::pushups:

Thank you all for the best wishes and support. As you can tell he is devoted to his sport. However it turns out I will be just as proud whether it's first or last. Of course first would be nice because he would get his Pro Card and that will open more doors for him. Thank you all again.

WOW!!!! That's something to be proud of. Tell him good luck down in Barbados. I hope he takes the Championship. Even if he doesn't, he's still a winner. Its extremely difficult to sculpt a body like his the all natural way.:080402gudl_prv:

Glenn

Great Job with your Son! Best Wishes in the Competition!

I am working with mine now. He was a late starter but is doing great and happy

with his results.

Five years ago, I looked like a Greek God. Now I look like a Greek Cook!!!

:thumbsup2:

Guest seuadr

natural is where all the hard work is. you have a right to be damn proud of him. it takes alot of dedication and sound nutrition to be sucessful in the natural bodybuilding world. Good for him, and obviously, good for you instilling hard work, ethics, and i'm guessing just a bit of stubborness in him!