IGNORED

Funniest thing ever on a motorcycle

Orrin

What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you or you saw having to do with a motorcycle?

Last year I damn near killed myself with 2 motorcycles, neither one of which was running. I was putting my Virago up on it's center stand when I got off on the right side. My left foot got hung up on the seat and I fell between the Virago and my Nomad. My lightning fast reflexes being what they are I reached out for smoething to support my self and immediately found the left handle bar of the Nomad. The Virago was falling towards the Nomad and the Nomad was falling towards the Virago and I was falling down in the middle of the heap. There I was, caught in the middle again, with my right arm hanging onto the Nomad and the Nomad hanging onto the Virago and me on my back underneath both. Not good! I did manage to crawl out from under and get help standing both bikes back up. no one has let me forget this.

I started so let's here some more.:rotf:

OK, you know in those western movies where the cowboy takes a flying leap and lands on his horse.....

Tried that once but the horse was my scoot and I approached it from the left side. Yep, I landed on the seat alright but the momentum caused me and the scoot to fall over on the right. Of course, I was a bit inebriated and showing off... my buddies all got a good laugh outta that!

I used to have it written up in the Embarrassing moments area but I think that was before the crash. I'll write it up again later but the short version is that if you are changing the oil on your RSV, sitting beside it when adding the new oil, reach up and grab the handlebar to pull the bike in a vertical position, you do NOT want to pull it over on top of you. It WILL leave a mark. :starz:

i was trying to do a iron but from Ca. to FL. on a jucker hd chopper , it had a peanut tank , 7/10 gal. so i got 2 canteens full of gas and tried to fill the tank at 70 mph nope did not work . anyway i was comming off the interstate on the ramp at 2:00am 2 miles from home and there was a trooper at the lite , i pulled up next to him trying to keep the shortys quite and forgot to put my foot down , when he found out i was not drunk just tierd , he had a good laugh and helped me get it up still laughing .

What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you or you saw having to do with a motorcycle?

Probably the huge snake that a buzzard dropped that almost fell in friend's lap while riding. Scared the crap out of him, and I almost died laughing!!

Curt

I've seen and done a lot, But one I remember clearly was my wife and I on my Yamaha 750 and a good friend on his Honda 750 were getting ready to go out. Don't remember where to. Just before we leave my apartment he says I have to stop by my place. Just down the road, not a problem. We pull into the parking lot about a 50 feet from his apartment door. I stop but keep the bike running. He jumps off his bike, runs up to his door, puts the key in, then stops and looks back. He had not put his kick stand down. The bike had sat there balanced the whole time and just as he looked back, as if it was waiting for him to notice, it slowly started falling. There I am sitting to the right of it as it falls left, away from me. I tried but I couldn't quite reach it.

The best one I've done my self was one winter riding sand dunes in Michigan with a dual sport. We were all jumping one small sand dune going down into the low spot and using the sand dune next to the woods as a banked turn. I over jumped and was unable to turn in time, ended up jumping into a huge cedar tree. The front tire spun up a cedar bough and the bike stopped, hanging six foot off the ground stuck in the tree, I rolled off it and down to the bottom of the sand dune. The two guys I was riding with both immediately stopped, threw themselves on the ground and laughed uncontrollably. About the time they stopped, I managed to climb up one cedar bough high enough to get the front tire loose and the bike and I tumbled back down to the bottom of the dune. This started them laughing all over again.

1971...stationed at Langley Air Force Base in Virginia. Purchased a brand new motorcycle...went to pick it up and on my way back to the base I see this gorgeous girl in shorts and a nice small tight top walking down the streets. Well...as a young man filled with enormous amounts of testosterone...I had to look! As I did, the car in front of me stopped for the red light at the intersection...and I...continued on until I hit his rear bumper. Thankfully...I was only going about 10 mph because it was in a city setting. Luckily...the only thing damaged was my pride and the girl continued on giving me a big smile as she walked by.

Stopped at intersection on my Honda 450. Noticed a small piece of 2 x 4 laying in the road that was about 3 ft long.

I turned around and told the cager behind me I was going to stop in the intersection, and throw the board off the road.

He waved OK.

Light turned green, I pulled up next to/ over the board, stopped, straddling the bike I reached down to pick the board up and dropped my bike, got off the bike, threw the darn board, grabbed my bike, yanked it upward and yanked so hard I threw the bike over in the other direction and dropped it again..Walked around the bike, stood it up, got on, started it and rode off.....

Talk about looking like a complete idiot...:buttkick:

Bought an old 750 Water-buffalo from a dealer a couple of decades ago. Got the plate on and fired it up to take it home. The parking lot exit was uphill and banked with a bump at the top. I pulled up and turned a bit to the right to prepare to pull out. The angle of the exit where I stopped was such that the ground was about 2" farther down than on a flat surface. The surprise of that plus the weight of that old Water-buffalo was enough for me to drop it. It's bad enough dropping a bike with an audience. But when that audience is a bunch of bikers at a dealership, don't expect sympathy. Uncontrollable laughter was more the order of the day! :doh:

Bought an old XR-200 for a fix-r-up-r and kick start was striped out no big deal i'll just roll start it so after pushing it up the hill I hopped on and started down the hill and when I poped it in gear it started but was stuck wide open so I pulled the clutch and the cable broke then I tried the brakes both cables broke by now I was out of running room lets just say holly bushes are not the best brakes but they work.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Back in the 70`s a friend on his yamaha 360 and myself on my Honda elsenore are out climing hills.... as we sat on the bikes at the bottom of the hill we started letting the clutch out enough to go about ten feet up the hill and then just roll back down....after about the 3rd time of doing this, my friends bike stalled as he reached the 10 foot mark, well he put in the clutch and rolled her back down the hill, as he reached the bottom of the hill he let the clutch out..... we that yamaha started in "reverse" and he shot by me going backwards.... his eyes so wide...then he crashed.. funniest thing I have ever seen!!:bighug:

dang, I almost forgot about this one... I was around 18 at the time. My friend had a scoot of some kind and he took me riding one day. We were at the local beach where all the "kids" hang out and he was "cruising" along the beach, chekkin out the babes. Can't imagine why but he forgot I was on the back :think: ... Being the show-off he was, he cracked the throttle. I was also chekkin out the babes and wasn't holding on and there was no sissy bar so, when he cracked the throttle here I am, teetering on the back edge of the seat, arms and legs flailing trying to balance and stop my impending fall...to no avail. I fell off the back of the bike, landed flat on my back in the sand and watched my friend carry on his merry way totally oblivious to what had happened. Course, all the babes and any guys that were around were killin theirselves with laughter.

Back in the 70`s a friend on his yamaha 360 and myself on my Honda elsenore are out climing hills.... as we sat on the bikes at the bottom of the hill we started letting the clutch out enough to go about ten feet up the hill and then just roll back down....after about the 3rd time of doing this, my friends bike stalled as he reached the 10 foot mark, well he put in the clutch and rolled her back down the hill, as he reached the bottom of the hill he let the clutch out..... we that yamaha started in "reverse" and he shot by me going backwards.... his eyes so wide...then he crashed.. funniest thing I have ever seen!!

:sign funny post::rotf::rotf::rotf:

When I was a kid I saw a (presumely) drunk biker stop at a light and fall over...didn't even put his feet down....just kinda slow motion fell over.

Still wonder and smile at that....but also wonder if he got his foot caught in the shifter or something and couldnt get it down....now that is a sick feeling....I think!:whistling:

So, this young lady pulls up to he firehouse and reports that she is not from around here and needs gas bad. I told her where to find it and offered to accompany her to make sure she made it to the pumps. She did.

Now the fun begins. I pull up next to her all cool and all and just with the greatest of ease, I dumped it on the right side. I picked it up and reached down to put the side stand down (always do this first) and, again, with the greatest of skill, I dumped i on the right side.

Yes, I was red-Faced!!!

Then I found out she "LIKED" Girls.................My punishment.