IGNORED

Niagara Falls

Grindo

The wife and I are planning a ride to the falls for our anniversary the last weekend in may. Any suggestions for lodging, activities, scenic rides, etc would be greatly appreciated.

If you have your pasports, see the Falls from the Canadian side!! While you are in Canada you may want to check out Marcarl's M&E.

The last weekend in May is Memorial Dsay weekend, so expect a lot of events, a lot of people, and a lot of trafic!!! Feel free to give a shout and stop by on your way! My number is in my profile...

The wife and I are planning a ride to the falls for our anniversary the last weekend in may. Any suggestions for lodging, activities, scenic rides, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to call me..I'm about 35 minutes from the falls...the WNY GANG would love to take you out and around.. we have some great rides in the area, and restaurants...if you stay in the falls, the motels can get a little pricey...my suggestion is to stay about 1/2 hr. out of the falls, then visit for the day or so....give me a call...we can help you with any arraignments...716 937 4653..............:fnd_(16):

And ..... make SURE you do the Niagara Parkway (Canadian side) and check out Millionaire's Row for a ride, thats a MUST!!!

As for the Falls, you should do the Maid of the Mist ..... thats pretty cool! There are tons of museums (ie: Ripleys, Horror etc) but there is also a Motorcycle museum. Go north of the falls toward Niagara-on-the-Lake and there is the Totem Pole Park and the Whirlpool as well as helicopter tours.

Tom is right on with acc. you will pay through the nose around Niagara, and there are some dives so watch it!! just 'cause its cheap doesn't mean "habitable". Move away from the falls and make the 15 minute trip and save half your money (at least).

Restaurants are the same as the lodging, around the falls get set for a $5 Big Mac, but as you move away the prices get better. In Chippawa there is Betty's for fish and chips (well known biker spot) and a little far a field for you maybe, in Fort Erie on hwy 3 is Green Acres, a family operated place thats been there for decades, not fancy, but if you can finish your meal, your a bigger man than me .... HUGE orders at great prices, famous local eating place.

Any more questions?? post away friend, thats one area I'm familiar with!!

Edited by dunvilsteev
additions

And ..... make SURE you do the Niagara Parkway (Canadian side) and check out Millionaire's Row for a ride, thats a MUST!!!

One thing I remember about the falls is it rains....in the parking lot on the Canadian side... even when there aren't any clouds in the sky... :) The wife and I decided to view the falls early in the AM to avoid the crowds. Got the truck washed while we did. How cool is that.....!!

You really haven't visited Canada, unless you have visited Marcarl's VentureIn. You're one of the lucky ones to be so close on the right weekend, and it's only 1.5 hrs west of the falls by slab, and as long as you want if you go through country. Through country is the way to go, and although I would not expect you to get lost, it's always nice to have a guide to show you around. Another weekend and I would offer to be your guide, but for some reason I feel I should stick close to home those days,,, hear there's going to be some bikers in the area and you just never know what they get up to. Maybe someone else will offer to guide you in from the Falls. Three hours riding will get you nice scenery and the best burgers around for lunch, then some comradery and more riding with a great supper to share with fellow VentureRiders.

Sorry I've been so slow to respond. I'm switching internet providers and don't have ready access right now. We have booked a room at the "night to remember" bed and breakfast right near the falls. Surprisingly good rates to be so close to the falls. We'll likely arive early to mid afternoon. Is there a schedule for the gathering. We would like to attend for at least a little while. And any help with guides would be great. As my wife says, I get lost in my own backyard.

Yes, contact either me or Big Tom for local info and riding companions. Tom does not have his passport but we do. The big event that weekend is Marcarl's annual M&E in Brantford Ontario where there is usually around 50 bikes or so. It is on a Saturday. We go across at Ft. Erie but there is a member in Niagara Falls Ont that will probably be going and if so I'm sure he would be glad to lead you, or we could meet in Ft Erie and you can ride with us.

Sorry I've been so slow to respond. I'm switching internet providers and don't have ready access right now. We have booked a room at the "night to remember" bed and breakfast right near the falls. Surprisingly good rates to be so close to the falls. We'll likely arive early to mid afternoon. Is there a schedule for the gathering. We would like to attend for at least a little while. And any help with guides would be great. As my wife says, I get lost in my own backyard.

HI.

So you asked the question, and now here is some answers.

Our VentureIn is an all day thing, starts at 8 am or there abouts and goes 'til the end of the day,,, and that's different for everybody, some stay an hour, others hang in there until the bitter end,,, usually when I go to bed at around midnight. There is no hard rule that you need to stay up that late on that day, however,, you may have other things to do, but that is kind of the way it goes,,, just for us.

We do a BBQ lunch right at noon or thereabouts,,, that's after we gab and tell stories for the morning and drink coffee and what ever else suits our fancy. After lunch as the girls clean up we talk about bikes, tires, cleaning, grass, boots, gear, carbs, lawns, weeds, and wonder how much longer it will be before the girls are all cleaned up and ready to ride,,,,,, which usually happens around 2 pm.

This year the planned ride will take us to about 300 minutes from the falls, so you might want to join us for that as well.

There are 2 riders that I know of that might be able to guide you from the Falls to Brantford, the one is Dragerman and the other is Midicat. Send either one a PM, they are real nice guys and you'll be sure to enjoy their company.

Carl

PS, just remembered why we ride, it's to eat,,,,, so supper is planned at the Queens Hotel in Dunnville, about an hour from the Falls.

Along the same lines .... FYI

May 11th is our 25th anniversary and we are going to Niagara for dinner, it was a toss up between The Keg at the Embassy Suites, or the Copacabana. Wife won, we're going to the Keg. Check out the webpage, this might interest you, for a special meal!

http://www.fallsviewrestaurant.com/default.html

I presume you've heard of the Copa .... if not, check out their site too, I think last time it was about $38 a head.... I think!

www.copacabana.ca

There's a Days Inn on Niagara Blvd. that is 15 minutes from the falls and less than half the price of the ones at the falls. We stayed there 3 time in the last month, I think the rate is $61 including taxes etc. Nice clean room w/king size beds.

Just google Days Inn/Niagara falls blvd.

There's a Days Inn on Niagara Blvd. that is 15 minutes from the falls and less than half the price of the ones at the falls. We stayed there 3 time in the last month, I think the rate is $61 including taxes etc. Nice clean room w/king size beds.

Just google Days Inn/Niagara falls blvd.

Thanks for the info. Wife wants to try the B&B thing. Some old Victorian style house. Don't know what they're going to think when they hear me before they see me.

Went to the Embassy Suites Keg last night, it was quite the view, food was .... well, it was the Keg with a couple extra $$$ thrown in for the view.

Something else you MIGHT want to consider is a horse & carriage ride around the falls, again, not cheap, but DEFINITE brownie points with the wife !!!

http://www.niagaraparks.com/garden-trail/horse-carriage-rides.html

Went to the Embassy Suites Keg last night, it was quite the view, food was .... well, it was the Keg with a couple extra $$$ thrown in for the view.

Something else you MIGHT want to consider is a horse & carriage ride around the falls, again, not cheap, but DEFINITE brownie points with the wife !!!

http://www.niagaraparks.com/garden-trail/horse-carriage-rides.html

I prefer to keep my horses steel, but the wife would definitely enjoy that.

I went through Niagara yesterday, and wanted to add two things:

• The Motorcycle Museum is closed down.
  • Parking is insane around the Falls, prices are through the roof, BUT .... go south on Niagara Parkway about 1 km from the Horseshoe Falls is an area called Dufferin Islands, FREE parking here. Jot this down, you WILL need it.