IGNORED

Video - People don't stop!

1 Canuck

Guest seuadr

same thing around here downtown. I flat out won't go downtown lansing. people are so busy with their lives that they don't even care that the extra 30 seconds they might get from something like that could end someone else's life.

For me watching this made me feel a little guilty, I have pulled things equally stupid while driving. It is only by God's grace that I have avoided a wreck. Watching this is a reminder to pay full attention while riding my Venture or driving a vehicle. Thanks for posting it.

Jeff:Venture::Venture:

Wow. One car was stopped waiting for the light and got hit by two others. If that had been a bike even being completely stopped feet down would not have saved him. I have never liked red light cameras but day by day I am being converted.

Mike

We have quite a few cameras here in southern CA and you would think that would damp the amount of "runners"... it sure doesn't seem so. I slow at green lights and if I'm approaching and the light "just" turned green, I slow even more. It might piss those off behind me but I've seen way too many of these. Never seen texting or... just stupid people locked into their "little world"... and WAY too many young women in SUVs... but that's just my observation.

(Yep, I've slowed and looked... and watched quite a few just blow through like there wasn't even an intersection... those are easier to see, going far too fast to even think about touching the brake.)

When I've "teased" a yellow light and had it change as I was part way through... I can still feel my mom smacking me on the back of the head... so I try not to do that much. Maybe that's part of what's missing?

The problem with most of those red light runners is I would bet most of them didn't even realize they were running a red light! To damn busy daydreaming or texting, just not paying attention.

There's a LOT of truth in that - On my way back to Ohio from Baltimore Md yesterday, I almost ran a stop sign. Fortunately,my wife was with me and she alerted me and we got stopped but in the wrong lane and way in front ( wrong side ) of the stop sign. It was state route to state route and a lot of traffic on the one I was supposed to stop for.

It was a matter of having my mind on business instead of the road.

lesson learned I HOPE !!

When I first saw this video, I realized how close a person is to living one second and gone in the next. Not to sound morbid, but this is reality at an almost any intersection, in every city. On the other hand, if everyone worried about these things; we would never ride.

As always, I try to look out for the other driver, the best that I can.

I thought I was looking at traffic cams in Ottawa. There is no such thing as stopping and looking before you turn right at a light or stop sign. I have become such a better driver since I started ridding again. I just try to take all intersections slow and easy. Its not nice to see this stuff but we better not forget how to ride defensively! Just my two cents!

I notice that they were all cages running the lights. :scratchchin:

I know that sometimes it can be an all to easy of a thing to do. I know that in the past I've accidentally run through at least one red light and a couple stop signs. I simply wasn't familiar with the area and was looking for street names, etc..

I guess I got lucky. It helped me learn a little bit about myself too, and has helped me keep it from happening again by being more aware and plan further ahead.

For me watching this made me feel a little guilty, I have pulled things equally stupid while driving. It is only by God's grace that I have avoided a wreck. Watching this is a reminder to pay full attention while riding my Venture or driving a vehicle. Thanks for posting it.

Jeff:Venture::Venture:

Yeah, me too. I think there are very few of us who have never run a light or sign.

So, On future trips, I'll just avoid towns named springfield:whistling::doh:

Doesn't Homer Simpson live in Springfield?

The problem with most of those red light runners is I would bet most of them didn't even realize they were running a red light! To damn busy daydreaming or texting, just not paying attention.

I dunno about that... I think many of them are fully aware of it but just don't give a damn ... in too much of a hurry so they push the limit...gotta make it thru coz stopping would mean having to wait another 2 minutes and due to the light change sequence, might also cause them to have to stop at the next light...