IGNORED

Together again for the first time in 9 years!

Guest seuadr

Guest seuadr

well, after a ton of work (and i'm sure i'm not done!) i finally got this mk2 first gen all back together (minus the vent louvers in the side covers)

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/seuadr/P1030962.jpg

She's got new r6 calipers and SS lines with delinked front brakes (thanks earl!) I rebuilt both masters and the rear brake master, all new fluids, flushed the radiator, changed the tires (myself! by hand!) rebuilt the entire right hand side plastics with fiberglass (was mostly in peices when i got it)and a new stebl electromagnetic horns and relay. Changed the oil, ran 2 tanks of gas through it with half a can of seafoam each, new filter etc. New bearings in the front and rear wheels as well.

this beauty came to me for 1200 dollars with 77,000 miles on it, and aside from the cracked plastic on the right side is in fantastic condition. I'm told that the windshield is aftermarket, and has additional wings on the sides of it.

now to tackle gas mileage.. i've used a little over half a tank and only gone 87 miles .. seems a bit low to me. i suspect part of it is not having gone very far in 9 years, but i also plan on shimming out the needles so it runs a little leaner. inspection of the plugs tell me that it is definitally running rich. still, can't wait to put a few hundred thousand miles on her! :banana:

Hey Jared,

WOW! your bike looks great! Don't be too worried about the gas milage right now, the Seafoam does a great job of cleaning the carbs. but doesn't help the gas milage while it is in the tank. BongoBob hit the nail on the head with the Carb. Sync. Run a few tanks of fresh gas thru the fuel system and then take a closer look at the milage. Change out that fuel filter so you don't cause yourself any more troubles, (I have pics of the filter change if you need them) and then take that baby for a GOOD ride! You have done an OUTSTANDING job with your VR, you should be proud of yourself, I know I am,:thumbsup2:

Earl

but i also plan on shimming out the needles so it runs a little leaner. inspection of the plugs tell me that it is definitally running rich. still, can't wait to put a few hundred thousand miles on her! :banana:

Very nice job.

I would run a few more tanks before making any adjustments as this could be from sitting. Run it for a while it may lean up a bit on its own.

Brad