• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holey Schmoley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks terrific!!!!!!!

Wouldn't that look great on a Midnight?????

:scratchchin: Maybe....Xmas is only 8 months away.....

true.....but chrome looks good on most anything, you can check them out down at duckys soon!

I try do do things to my skuter, that makes it a bit different from others...

with that said, here is my latest addition in the "quest for more chrome"

the lower fairing on the 2nd gens are made of a clear thick plastic, and they take quite a few hits with the bugs and rocks and such, and after a few years and a multitude of miles, they start to look a bit tacky.

i took a new set of lowers and had them chrome plated, inside and out, then automotive grade clear coating added to help hold the shine.

whadya think??

mike

Someone started something :cool10: Looks great

Me and Dan talked about making the fairing deflectors in polished aluminum but those curves and mounting brackets are just too intricate for us. Those look great chromed. But like you said, you need a new set to start with. Plastic cant be sanded too well and those scratches sure will come out to haunt ya.

Fantastic job......hmmm, will the wife let me do this too?? (anyone have a spare room in their basement?):smile5:

Holey Schmoley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That looks terrific!!!!!!!

Wouldn't that look great on a Midnight?????

:scratchchin: Maybe....Xmas is only 8 months away.....

How about shiny black ones instead of chrome? I took the eye brows of the fairing on mine for a more aesthetic look..

Hi Mike this is the first time I've seen the post and they look great! I knew as soon as I opened the post it was you that did it. Really looks nice but I need to save a lot of pennies to do something like that.:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

nicely done. at the risk of offending the more priggish amongst us, are full frontal pix coming soon? :big-grin-emoticon:

rained the last couple days, hope thursday i will get some pics

thanks for the kind remarks

mike

leeway! that bike of yours should be faster now that it has 2003 parts on it!

we spent the day on the bikes today, went over to clinton iowa then up to poopies in savanah il and stayed on all the back roads.

mike

2nd gen needs all the chrome it can get to help it...

I knew that you would enjoy seeing this plastic item that has been chromed! it gives you some hope of getting the o'le tupperware to shine a little:buttkick::duck::mo money:

don't feel too bad i will slow down long enough for you to enjoy it also:Im not listening to

mike

the air cleaner boxes could be chromed just as easy, you could even do both inner and outer parts of the box......hmmmm, now i might have to take the inside halves to the chrome shop??:mo money::mo money::mo money:

i had them painted to match on my 1st 2003 rsv, that looked cool too!

mike