IGNORED

I passed!!

Monty

At work, I have been in a class for almost a year. I have taken grueling exams after each section. Today was my final integrated oral exam, covering everything I have learned in the last year. I had to sit before a board, and answer all of their questions. Took about 4 hours. I came through it with flying colors.

Now, I go on shift work, I will be eligible for more overtime, and I get a nice raise. Life is good!

I will be doing OJT for 6 months, and then I have to take one more final oral exam...then I am all done...until I move up to the next level...lol.

What a load off of my shoulders!

Nice Job Patrick!

Were you coal there or biofuel and is it 3rd class license or stationary engineer? I know all too well what they put you through, perhaps someday I'll get back into a powerhouse. I really loved my job and miss the fellas I worked with.

Coal.

"If you find electricity and plant operations an exciting career field, then this program may be for you. This 12- to 18-month training program leads to the position of Assistant Unit Operator.

TVA has Assistant Unit Operators in both its fossil and nuclear plants. They control the flow of water, generation of steam, and production of electricity. They monitor equipment conditions and performance, accomplish preventive and minor corrective maintenance routines, and conduct process-control and failure analyses. In addition, they operate equipment such as turbines, condensers, pumps, valves, gates, scales, pulverizers, conveyors, fans, electric control boards, and chemical tanks.

The training program consists of a combination of on-the-job and classroom instruction. Some training may be conducted at other locations other than the selected worksite. The position of SGPO requires students to be prepared for class, including homework assignments, out-of-class readings, pop quizzes, written exams, and oral exams. In addition, you will be required to exhibit skills required to perform certain tasks through the use of qualification cards.

Upon the successful completion of training, the position of SGPO leads to exciting career opportunities within the operations career path beginning with the position of Assistant Unit Operator. This position includes rotating shift work, overtime, call-outs, outage work and schedules, and working weekends and holidays."

:fishin::fishin:YOurs is no small achievement, and far larger than mine in my first masters degree. I too had oral comps for 2 hours, ... went back to the Dorm and passed out. Yours was in electricity, ... mine was in the source ... Divinity. LOL ...

Have a GREAT and congrats again!

JackZ

:dancefool::thumbsup2::thumbsup::clap2::clap2::happy65:and ... don't forget to take time to go :fishin:, but more importantly ... :Venture:!!!!!