IGNORED

Question for Ontario RSV Owners

Mover

Hi,

I'm getting ready to install Yamaha passing lights on my '07 RSV. I've downloaded the instructions for installation and there's a comment regarding tapping into a certain wire depending on jurisdiction regulations. So to all the Ontario RSV owners with passing lights installed, are they lit for both low and high beam, lit only on high, or lit only on low?

Thanks

When my dealer installed my lights he told me they only work on low beam and that is what the law states.

If you think about your car or truck with fog lights the fog lights go out when you put on the high beams. Not sure if that is the rule with motorcycles or not.

Technically according to Ontario law,on any vehicale, road lights (passing lights) are to only go on with high beams, and fog lights are only to go on with low beams. However it seems this law is sometimes overlooked in the case of motorcycles. For those who don't know the difference road lights are basically flood lights while fog lights have a narrow horizontal beam.

Mine may not be 'legal' but they are on all the time. The only time my low beam is used when there is oncoming traffic at night, and in town,,,,, that's if I remember to go to low beam when I'm supposed to, but my driving lights are on alllllll the time.