IGNORED

Dumped the Venture

krp41151

Well I dumped the ride Wednesday evening in the rain, what a mess. Moron with no lights on his truck or trailer slams on his brakes in front of me to make a left turn. My options were limited to hitting his low boy trailer or the pavement. Fortunately I was able to slow to about 20 or so when I hit ( I chose the pavement). Broken clavicle and minor road rash. It could have been much worse. God was surely looking out for me. The bike has some pretty serious damage on the left side and the helmet sure did its job. I am in the need for a one stop repair shop around the LaPorte, Baytown Pasadena area. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I will post some pictures this afternoon. Thanks.

Guest Goneridin'

18 years ago, but still fresh in my mind. Could have been much worse for both of us and I'm glad you're OK. As you know, it's the other guy we gotta watch out for. Hope you heal fast and get her back in shape soon. Ya gotta get back on her though, if you love it as much as most of us do you have no choice. Best wishes. Glad your helmet did the job...how many of us think it's not necessary cause we're too cool....:2133:

I have thanked God for my helmet in all of my downs. They are inevitable even when we are driving our best, defensively.

I remember my first amature dump of my precious 650 Yamma in the drive way, full dressed bike; nice starter one. My fault all the way. Wifie comes out and says are you ok? I said, 'Forget about me, the bike won't heal!', .... BUT IT DID with a little help. LOL.

Heal well, get on again, send pictures and hang it up to experience. Hope the driver got a huge ticket! Stupid guy!

JackZ

:fingers-crossed-emo:thumbsup2::thumbsup: Good driving on your part, too; you made the RIGHT decision! Jz

Hope you get healed up real soon:bawling:. As to the ABS it would have been very ineffective, according to what I have read and understand of the set up. It is considered about useless on wet pavement.:doh: The only thing that will help in wet conditions is the skill the driver has with his/ her machine:thumbsup2:

The bike has some pretty serious damage on the left side and the helmet sure did its job. I am in the need for a one stop repair shop around the LaPorte, Baytown Pasadena area. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I will post some pictures this afternoon. Thanks.

Hi Ken, sorry about the raining mishap, the weather sucked on Wednesday on that ride home, so do Houston drivers, rain or shine. Glad to hear you are aok. Thats what counts. As far as a repair shop, will ask around. Good group of VR guys here in the area to help with anything, we just finished the maintenance day at Kbays in Waller today. I am sure we all can pitch in to help, let us know what needs to be done. Send me a PM when you can. Again glad to hear you are ok. Perry

Hope you get healed up real soon:bawling:. As to the ABS it would have been very ineffective, according to what I have read and understand of the set up. It is considered about useless on wet pavement.:doh: The only thing that will help in wet conditions is the skill the driver has with his/ her machine:thumbsup2:

Isn't ABS at it's best on wet pavement? It stops the tires from locking so the driver can maintain control.