IGNORED

Bikers slow Paris Roads & Trains very effective...

frogmaster

I don't know, looks like they are bringing more problems down on themselves.

It's pretty neat that they can get that many together to protest something but I really don't agree with them.

BOO

I love it!!! The one thing that stood out in the article was this:

It is now time that public authorities, wherever they are in the world, realise that they’re not above everyone else. To the contrary, they are there to serve the people who elected them.

Whodathunk politicians are all alike the world over???

Hey!!! I'm impressed.... That was kick a$$. Vive la France.. I just think that one day isn't going to do it. 3 or 4 days in a row will either cause bikes to be outlawed completely, or big brother will actually reconsider what they've done. It's not the demo that's going to make any dent...it's the calls from the car commuters that are going to have the most impact.... :)

that should happen in a few cities in the states. Isnt lthere a few towns that more or less out law motorcycles in their towns. Cant remember the town but another gruop I belong to locally had planned a ride in Souoth Carolina and had to change the destination because the town wna t even let a motorcycle park in the parking lots over night. And no Im not talking about Myrtle beach just cant remeber the name of the town.

just an idea, but if enough peaple came through at the same time and let the news station know about it who knows.

David

.... I really don't agree with them.

Me too neither.

As I translate the English it appears they are talking about lane splitting. If you take that to it's logical conclusion:

+ People with small cars should protest for the right to have two per lane because they'll fit.

+ People with normal cars should protest for the right to drive 3 across 2 lanes because they'll fit.

+ All cagers should protest for the right to drive in a lane beside a motorcycle because there is enough room.

As motorcyclists we all demand our right to have use of the full lane. Why should the cagers not get the same respect?

though I don't specifically disagree with our assessment let me continue your conclusions:

- is hybrid cars are allowed in HOV lanes with a single occupant then all single occupant cars should be allowed

- If you allow a MC (solo rider) in a HOV lane and treat MC's as equal to cars then they too should be allowed in the HOV lane.

-if cars are equal to MC's then why demand separate licensing.

-if cars are equal to Mc's then why target MC riders for specific restrictions as described in another thread about MC fatalities (Canada).

The fact is that MC's are different animals then cars, to treat them as equals is folly! We should probably also add to that, that this is France and in a larger sense, Europe. People are adjusted to pedestrian, bicycle, moped and MC traffic due to the very common use there. ( I rode my bicycle to school from age 12, weaving trough traffic as needed and I rode a moped from age 16). This type of traffic is not common here since kids go to school in a bus lest they get tired or have to ride too far, and they get a permit by age 15. And an adult on a cycle/moped must mean they have lost their license due to DUI. That is not to say I personally would split lanes, but if someone else feels comfortable doing so and it is allowed by law (e.g. California), more power to them.

Politicians have a nasty habit of targeting the least vocal group to solve what are esentially nom-existing problems.

Btw: even 35 years ago the German police would not target speeders on the Autobahn, but rather unsafe drivers, a refreshing approach, don't you think?