IGNORED

Crash bar braces/supports

Carbon_One

Does this defeat the pupose of having the crash bars. Crash Bars are design to give and come around to protect the engine, with the supports there is no flexiabilty.:think:

I don't think the engine guards on the RSV are adequate. You can be sitting still and drop the bike and do a lot of damage. :yikes:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine today. Along with the horn wiring harness. As always Larry's work is great.

Oh sure rub it in. I didn't check in the 3 hrs it took to sell out and you did. Gee thanks.:mad:

Seriously Larry why don't you make a list. I had mentioned I wanted two sets but there are so many people wanting them I can settle for one set until you get caught up and I can get the other set later. I wish you would make a list and I will be glad to pay in advance (it could help by the materials) that way I would not miss it again when you post. I'm sure a lot of other people would like for you to start a list also.:missingtooth:

Harry

Got mine today, and my clamps should be here tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Can't wait to get them on as I don't like the way my bars flex everytime I throw my feet up.

Thanks again for a great product as well as great instructions as to how to set it up :thumbsup2:

Ok I built up an additional 24 pairs of the braces and have updated the ad from post 1. The following folks who requested to be on the short list have dibs:

YamaDuck, Skid, Mike Wa, Red Rider, Kite Squid, divey, jvbailey3, ruffy, FreezyRider, rdhc, Ga Thumper,.

Did I miss anyone?

Larry

To all customers: Now that a few of you have gotten them I would like for you to give me some feedback on your experinece of the install as well as pics of the rear tab where you've drilled the hole in the footrest brackets. I've changed the location and design of these braces over what I did to my bike 3 years ago and didn't want to have another hole in my footrest brackets.

Either pm me or drop me an e-mail, especialy if sending any pics. Much thanks in advance folks.

Larry

I know there's plenty of good press out there for Larry's product, but wanted to add my 2 cents.

Got them installed tonight.

I've got the Kuryakyn Longhorn pegs on the bike and before Larry's mod, they really flexed the crash bars.

Now with the mod, they're solid as a rock.

Rt one was easy, Left was harder, definitely had to disconnect the shifter arm and shifter mounting bracket from the floorboard bracket. Once that was done, there was enough room to squeeze in the pan head screw. Tight fit on that side! I can see why he chose the hardware he did.

Directions were pretty clear and the posted pictures will get you the rest of the way.

Thanks again, Larry for making such a great product available!

Have a great day.

Bob