IGNORED

Store-bought Teeth

SilvrT

I know a lot of you are "older" (like me) so there's a good chance many of you have dentures (like me). In fact, I've had dentures (uppers and lowers) since I was 23 yrs old. I'm 28 years into my second set (pretty good by most standards). Up until about 3 years ago, they've fitted pretty good. The first set lasted about 5 years before the fit started deteriorating. Anyhoo... I HATE spending tons of money at the dental mechanic's for a re-line so I've been using a product called Sea-Bond Denturite http://www.dentist.net/sea-bond-denturite.asp to reline my dentures. I love this product ... it does a great job and lasts about 2 months. Anyway, all of a sudden none of the places I normally found it carry it anymore .... it's like it's just not available. If I can't find this product, I'm doomed! ... it will mean I have to go to the dental mechanic and have them re-do my dentures (too old to re-line according to them) to the tune of a few thousand dollars.

Anyone else experiencing my dilemma? Got any suggestions?

Seafoam........sorry I couldn't resist, doesn't it look after just about anything....... All kidding aside I use duck tape and once the taste goes away it works fine.......Sorry again I have only met you once but know you have a great sense of humour.:rotfl:

Rande in Nanaimo

I'm lucky enough, at 62, to still have all my teeth, in fact still have one baby tooth, but the wife has dentures. Several years ago her lower got to where it would not stay in place no matter what. She opted for dental implants and has never regretted it. She went to the dental clinic at The University of Mississippi Medical Center (a teaching hospital). They put in two studs in the lower jaw bone and modified her existing "lower" to fit. She loves it, no more sticky stuff of any kind.

the other day while watching tv, there was an ad for some lawyers and they said if you suffered ill-effects from using polygrip(i think or one of them) to call their office. i guess after 50 or more years somebody is having trouble and they figured they could sue somebody over it. you may want to do a search and see if you can find anything about it. walmart should carry all the differant ones as a lot of people use it. i have upper and lower since the '80s and us it rarely. i started out with plastic one and after several yrs of breaking them, i went to metal and they have lasted more than 20 yrs.

LOL @ rande..

My dentures are in good shape... teeth are still sharp, etc... it's just that the lowers now fit quite loose due to gum shrinkage. Dentureite is not a "stick-um paste or glue, etc" .... it is actually a 2-part mix of a powder and a liquid hardener that you mix together, pour into your denture and place in your mouth ... almost like what a dental mechanic might use.... it solidifies to the shape of your gums but is still pliable. It wears out after a month-2 months. Like I said, been using the stuff for many, many years and there's nothing else out there like it. It was always available at various drug stores... now all of a sudden none of them have it. Almost makes me wonder if the dental mechanic's "society" has boycotted the manufacturer to stop producing the product because it takes away a lot of their business (a do-it yourself kit).

I first started using this product way back in the middle 70's. Can't believe after all this time they'd stop producing it. Kinda gets my feathers ruffled that it's not available.

Oh well... mebbe I vill habta go wifout mu teef!

:rotf:

PERMA SOFT

I used it for 18 years on my original "temporary" denture set.

10 years ago my top plate broke completely in half, so I "paid the piper" and bought a brand new custom porcelain set and will never need the stuff again.

With Perma Soft, you mix two materials (A & B) in a small cup and it also comes with a plastic spoon to mix it up where you form a puddy like material ( a little thicker then tooth paste), and then you carefully pour a small bead onto your dentures.

Note: You will find you do not need much at all, and after you inset the plate back in your mouth you carefully close your mouth until your two plates touch. You do not BITE DOWN.

You then sit with out talking or moving your mouth for about one and a half to two minutes until the product sets up. You will experience some "squeeze out" that only needs to be trimmed off after it sets up.

After it sets up you pull your dentures back out and trim off the excess with a butter knife ( or similar edge). It comes off very easy. Your good to go now for about 1 and 1/2 to 2 months.

You can view the info of it here at this link..:080402gudl_prv:

http://perma-laboratories.com/denture_reline.html

Edited by Eck

I have a set , slightly used . Matter of fact , only used for 2 week and under 5K chomps on them . Still in the soaking case as we speak . Been there for approx. 2 years .You can have them for the taken if you want !

Oh , and they have no cavities yet .

Seriously , Sexton Dental in Florence , SC . One day service and makes another excuse for a road trip . I will be going sometime this summer to get my permanent set .. Been to darn lazy to wear the set I have , but I do need to get me some more toofers here soon .

BEER30

PERMA SOFT

With Perma Soft, you mix two materials (A & B) in a small cup and it also comes with a plastic spoon to mix it up where you form a puddy like material ( a little thicker then tooth paste), and then you carefully pour a small bead onto your dentures.

Note: You will find you do not need much at all, and after you inset the plate back in your mouth you carefully close your mouth until your two plates touch. You do not BITE DOWN.

You then sit with out talking or moving your mouth for about one and a half to two minutes until the product sets up. You will experience some "squeeze out" that only needs to be trimmed off after it sets up.

After it sets up you pull your dentures back out and trim off the excess with a butter knife ( or similar edge). It comes off very easy. Your good to go now for about 1 and 1/2 to 2 months.

This is exactly the same proceedure used for the Sea-Bond denturite product I've been using.

I know a lot of you are "older" (like me) so there's a good chance many of you have dentures (like me). In fact, I've had dentures (uppers and lowers) since I was 23 yrs old. I'm 28 years into my second set (pretty good by most standards). Up until about 3 years ago, they've fitted pretty good. The first set lasted about 5 years before the fit started deteriorating. Anyhoo... I HATE spending tons of money at the dental mechanic's for a re-line so I've been using a product called Sea-Bond Denturite http://www.dentist.net/sea-bond-denturite.asp to reline my dentures. I love this product ... it does a great job and lasts about 2 months. Anyway, all of a sudden none of the places I normally found it carry it anymore .... it's like it's just not available. If I can't find this product, I'm doomed! ... it will mean I have to go to the dental mechanic and have them re-do my dentures (too old to re-line according to them) to the tune of a few thousand dollars.

Anyone else experiencing my dilemma? Got any suggestions?

I googled sea-bond denturite and it seems its available from alot of places

Glad you started this thread I just had all my teeth pulled last friday. Was gonna go with the 2 post implants for the bottom but the cost went from 6500 dollars to over 11000 so I will save and have it done later.

I googled sea-bond denturite and it seems its available from alot of places

Glad you started this thread I just had all my teeth pulled last friday. Was gonna go with the 2 post implants for the bottom but the cost went from 6500 dollars to over 11000 so I will save and have it done later.

According to what I've been able to find out, Sea-bond Denturite has been discontinued and what is still available is left-over stock that will quickly be gone.

I did find another product but no place I know of here in the West Coast of Canada sells it.

http://www.shopinprivate.com/ac2tedere.html

The wife has been buggin me for about 3 years now to get new ones since mine are so old ... mebbe this is a "sign" ??

Might be worth it just to get her to stop pesterin me LOL (just kiddin honey)

TEEF, WHO NEEDS STINKING TEEF TO EAT ICE CREAM ??:big-grin-emoticon::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16):

I like to bite and chew the hard ice cream just to make those with "real teeth" cringe with envy LOL ... that and ice cubes... yummmmmm crunch crunch!! watch out for the brain freeze!! LOL

I like to bite and chew the hard ice cream just to make those with "real teeth" cringe with envy LOL ... that and ice cubes... yummmmmm crunch crunch!! watch out for the brain freeze!! LOL[/quote

Taters tells me I've had permnent brain freeze since our wedding 25 years ago... :fnd_(16)::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16):...wanna go there but, I wont :duck: :yikes: :big-grin-emoticon:

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=229036&catid=1142

this stuff appears to be the same sort of thing......if u read reviews someone said its a little better than the others as far as how long it lasts

I ordered 2 boxes of the Acryline product ... took about a week to arrive. Basically the same as the Sea-Bond but the powder doesn't come in a mixing cup and the mixing stick is wood rather than nylon. Also noticed it sets up quicker so ya got to get it poured into your denture sooner after mixing.

A little "tip" for anyone using this or similar product ... clean your denture thoroughly and then use a small paintbrush and paint the outer surface and the teeth with butter. Doesn't take much. This prevents any "overflow" of the denturite from sticking and makes it easier to trim off.