IGNORED

My new ride- the 86 VR will have to go

eagleeye

What ever,

Sorry for the other post hit wrong key than the dail up went dead.

Will be going to Dish Internet first of next mo.hope - getting tired of waiting for dail-up to work.

Anyway RedNeck,

What ever Big Guy just because you have one of the best looking Second Gen. around with all fancy work done.All I can say is if you ever get tired of your bike you can always ride one of ours if you don't mind being seen riding a First Gen. which does not need any fancy work done.

:stirthepot:.:rotf::rotf:

P.S.Your still A-1 in my book Big Guy:)Hope to see you and Wolfie soon.

buddy

Aw the dark side let me see if I can explain it. Among us are a group of members who are stuck in ancient times and are afraid of progress. They have brain washed themselves into thinking there has not been a motorcycle built since disco music was in style. Many of them are still using stone tablets for corespondents these members are first genners. When some people of high intelligence and good taste (second gen owners) began telling them about the modern technology available in todays highly engineered lightning fast very stylish motorcycles they began calling modern motorcycles the dark side. In my opinion this is a jealousy thing because we all know every body wants a second gen.:stirthepot:

Lightning fast and stylish? About as much as a Harley!!!!! I've seen some 2nd gen owners around here, they won't answer PMs or go to Meet & Eats. I don't think they ride more than 50 miles from home either. They must think they're riding Harleys. When I move to a 2nd gen it will be because of parts issues since yamaha doesn't support their older bikes like Honda does, not because I WANT a detuned Harley lookalike.

:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Guest JGorom

Congratulations...that is one fine looking bike and the amazing thing for you to find out is it is one of the best riding. I know...had one that was the same year and color...it was by far the most comfortable and best riding bike I have ever owned. I still miss it and have had a hard time just getting rid of the avatar picture I use in my posts.

One thing though...I see it has the Mustang combo. For me, that seat was not my cup of tea...but you may get used to it...it is a great looking seat and your passenger will be getting a wider and longer seat to sit on. The Mustang does look great on that bike but let your butt decide if it's a keeper.

Enjoy that bike Steve...and know it will be turning heads whenever your drive it or park it.

Later...

Aw the dark side let me see if I can explain it. Among us are a group of members who are stuck in ancient times and are afraid of progress. They have brain washed themselves into thinking there has not been a motorcycle built since disco music was in style. Many of them are still using stone tablets for corespondents these members are first genners. When some people of high intelligence and good taste (second gen owners) began telling them about the modern technology available in todays highly engineered lightning fast very stylish motorcycles they began calling modern motorcycles the dark side. In my opinion this is a jealousy thing because we all know every body wants a second gen.:stirthepot:

Disco music Huh? Thats too funny. I just got a picture of Muffin and Mini Dressed like John Travolta in Saturday night fever or better yet like Evil Knievel wearing helmets with stars on it in Metal flake and listening to his eight track!!! LOL

Steve,

Can't waite to go for a ride with you and see the new ride. We have talked on the phone enough about it, so I hope all goes well on Friday. Let em know what the gal out in Richland Center says about Yamaha. If you need any help let me know.

We can sync those carbs any time you want.

:080402gudl_prv:

Technology advancement my aunt Sadie..... I'd sooner have a sister in the Marines and a brother in a house of ill repute that ride a 2d gen......

:15_8_211[1]:

Hey, thanks Orrin.

I'll keep in touch and let you know what's going on.

As far as the mustang seat goes, the passenger part will go, and a rear fender rack will take it's place, along with a seat rail.

Hope it feels as good as it looks. Time will tell.

Steve

I had an 05 black&silver you got a great bike!!!!!! I now have an 06 venture and the owner of the dealership were I got it owns my 05 tour deluxe. That should tell you something. I put 36000 miles on it in 2 years and still miss it time to time.

ENJOY!:080402gudl_prv:

:whistling:

Well I guess if you call 1920's styling, a motor thats basically been around 25 yrs, cassette deck, non linked brakes, and no ABS modern, I guess your right. Personally I dont see how anyone goes from a 1st Gen to a 2nd Gen totally different bikes. Modern style to classic style. Like going from a new Corvette to a Model T Ford. When my 1st Gen dies I wont be getting 2nd Gen it will be a bike that looks like it belongs in this century that has some actual technology on it. To each his own I guess and if you like it thats all that matters. Good luck with your new bike. I gotta say it does look nice but not for me.

:grandma::225::cool10::grandma::225:

Guest JGorom
As far as the mustang seat goes, the passenger part will go, and a rear fender rack will take it's place, along with a seat rail.

Steve...if your converting her to a solo (which is what I did) and don't like the Mustang (which I did not) you can sell the whole Mustang set up pretty easy and get what you really want. For me it was the Yamaha studded seat...that suited me just fine and it gave the bike a great look. I also went the same route as your planning...going solo with the rear luggage rack and seat rail. The seat rail however never got mounted as the bike got totalled before I could do that. On a side note, all my custom parts have already been sold by the way, including many of the stock parts I was able to canibalize before the insurance company took possession.

Later...

If you like the way the bike looks, that's all that really maters as you will be the one riding it. Personally its not for me. When my 1st Gen dies, I think I will get a machine with more classic styling as I don't care for the "modern" look.

Good luck with your new bike and hope you have no regrets.

:canada:

In a perfect rich persons world...I would have my 89 and my 05 midnight with a camper.

I cannot afford both and cannot do the long trips with the 89 anymore.

So off to the dark side I went as well. Love the new ride and touring is almost perfect.....the stock seat sucks though!

Enjoy yourself Steve....and you will miss the old girl....but you will get over it!

Rick,

I'm sitting here chomping at the bits. I'll get the bike tomorrow, but due to two guys that have to do paperwork and not screw it up, I'm on edge.

But, I will bring it home tomorow in my trailer

I have had lots of fun toys over the years, and I never look back or miss what I don't have. The future toys are waaaaaaaaaaay too much fun.

Be sure and say hi to Marilyn for me!

Steve