IGNORED

Stupid Ice and Snow

flb_78

I thought this crap didn't happen in Texas. Of course everything's BIGGER in Texas so we can't just get snow that you can drive on, it had to rain all night first and then sleet for 4 hours so there's a 1/2 inch of solid ice on everything!! We're supposed to end up with 12-18" of snow.

I thought this crap didn't happen in Texas. Of course everything's BIGGER in Texas so we can't just get snow that you can drive on, it had to rain all night first and then sleet for 4 hours so there's a 1/2 inch of solid ice on everything!! We're supposed to end up with 12-18" of snow.

I was wondering how ya'll were doing up there...

They weather people are telling us that we will only get 8 here in Lubbock. wohoo. I too thought I left this crap in the midwest.

It was a good time trying to get in my truck this morning. It was like a big popsicle. It was funny at first. Then I realized it was BOTH of the doors were frozen shut, (door handles, locks, and all the way around the edges too).

Although we were getting some thunder & lightning earlier too. That was cool. The only time I've ever gotten snowed/sleeted on and thunder/lighting in the same storm was during a tornado or two a few years ago.

Well it's beautiful out here now. Not gonna be so nice tomorrow. They aren't really sure what we'll get, seems we're gonna fall on the snow rain line. Which means we'll get that nasty sleet first then probably snow. I'm hoping for snow or rain, can't stand the ice. Either way I'm in till it melts. They don't plow around here and these people think they can drive in snow, they can't. So I went and got gas for the generator in case the power goes out. If we do get snow they say about 4 inches, which isn't too bad unless we get the ice too. The most depressing part is I went out today without a coat or sweater and the sun is shinning. Oh well.

Margaret

And here we were talking about going south for the winter. Looks like you got to move up north to our island. Haven't seen snow although we did get down to freezing a couple times. Cool out now but I did pass a couple bikes on the road. Weather...what happens east of the Rockies stays east of the Rockies.

Illinois is Haunting you.

up to 6.5 inches now and still coming hard.

Ah thats childs play, last week we had colorado send us a storm that rustled up winds of 50-60mph and we now have drifts as high as 7 feet. The last time i checked it was headed southeast toward minnesota.

Brian:snow2:

Here in Indiana, where it's normally below zero and two feet or more deep this time of year, we have maybe half an inch with the temp in the upper teens. The Weather Liar says the daytime temp should be around 50 the tenth of February. Looks like Global Weirding to me.

Well we're still dry, cold, but dry. At least that for now. They did treat the roads, well not by me, but up on 17 and in town. Just would have to get there first. I'm ready to just stay here tomorrow and maybe even sunday. I don't want to be on the road with those other people.

We still aren't sure what we are getting first, thought by now they'd know.

Margaret