IGNORED

Opinions on Subaru

Bigfoot

I am looking to purchase a used vehicle and have been looking for a pick up or SUV. I prefer larger vehicles due to my size but I'm getting frustrated due to the costs. I'd like something one to two years old. I haven't purchased a new vehicle since 1985. I've never been a fan of Subarus but I would like 4X4 or AWD like the Subaru. Does the Subaru make a vehicle big enough for tall/big people or are all of them likely to be too small? I've never been in one so I really know nothing about them.

In 2008 I picked up a 2004 Subie Forester 3 year FLEASE turned in w/ 21,000 miles. Saved 35%

I have owned a S-10 Pickup 4WD and S10-Blazer 4WD and NW Michigan SNOW up to buttocks 5 months a year. I can say this SUBIE can handle snow as good as ANY American 4WD.

The newer Subie Forester 2009 and later is Larger than the earlier Subies. Also look into the Subie Tribeca.

My Uncle had 2 Subies over 25 years and 280k and 320k with no major repairs :bowdown:

Good Luck

Edited by frogmaster
spelling

Don't think you will be disappointed with a subaru. I have one now ( impreza wagon wrx ) and have had a couple in the past great vehicle. The forester and tribeca along with the new legacy have a lot of room. They have a utility version of the forester ( maybe a has been now ). My wagon has pulled my 4x4 truck out of the mud before. I'm probably going to buy another used one when my honda finally lays down. My :2cents:

Subaru has a couple of things that will always be standard. First off, it's alltime all wheel drive. So, you can not get a recent subaru that is either front or rear wheel drive.

Another thing, is Subaru's engine. It's a boxer engine. It's basically the exact same engine in the Porsche, and the same as the oldschool VW bug/Beetles... Those are great engines, they last forever, and they usually sip fuel...

Due to the fact that they are a well made car, great customer reviews, great gas milage, they are in pretty high demand.

I believe the Outback got the Motortrend's SUV of the year. That's not too shabby..

Now, I'm not just saying that because I think they're cool, or something. I just sold my 2002 WRX. WOW, what a vehicle.. It was faster than a Mustang, and can corner better than a roller blader...

You don't have to get a big SUV, they have "decent" room in them.. GO to a dealer, and sit in each one. When you find one you don't mind, get the keys, and go driving...

You won't be disappointed...

i've not owned one, but after test driving the 2010 forester, we wanna get one. we are holding out simply because i lust after a TDI diesel forester :happy34:

I agree with the good comments. I've never owned a Subaru vehicle but have known several people who have and I've never heard anything but good about them. I know that even their small engines are great. I have a pressure washer now with the Subaru motor.

I just bought Eileen a new car and the Subaru was certainly on my list. As reported elsewhere, we ended up buying another Kia Sorento as we were very pleased with the 2004 model that we traded in. It came down to economics for us. The price on the Sorento was just too good to ignore. I think that I would have had to buy the Subaru Tribeca to get one with as much room and equipment I got on the Sorento and the price would have been thousands more. In fact, the price for a NEW 2011 Sorento was in line with the price of 2 and 3 year old models of similarly equipped models from other manufacturers.

If price had not played a part though, the Subaru would have gotten some serious consideration. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Had one back in the day. Its was a bear in 4WD Low, and I loved that boxster. The problem is rust in most cases. Mine rotted out from under me. Spent money on a exhaust and it had a new clutch a nd timing belts,,I had to junk it. The mech would not pass it any longer. I bet she made one hell of a yard wagon:bang head:

I work for Subaru where we build the Outback and the Legacy, I can tell you that they are quality fanatics, when you walk into the plant they have a large banner that says 'Zero defects, our customers demand it, we must deliver it' and then they get real serious about it on the production line. They will not hesitate to scrap an entire unit for the least thing they are so concerned about disappointing even one customer. I would highly recommend one.

I sat in the Tribeca B9 today. Looked good and all the recommendations are good but it's too small for me. Driver side wasn't too bad, actually pretty good but the paassenger side was way too tight. My right shoulder rested on the door frame. I'm now looking at the 2007 Tundra.

I sat in the Tribeca B9 today. Looked good and all the recommendations are good but it's too small for me. Driver side wasn't too bad, actually pretty good but the paassenger side was way too tight. My right shoulder rested on the door frame. I'm now looking at the 2007 Tundra.

Bigfoot, watch that Toyota recall. It must be a big deal as they have even suspended sales.

I owned a 1995 Subaru Impreza over 4 years and its been a great vehicle. It will go anywhere you want to go in the winter time until you have to start pushing snow. I got to try in out this winter in about 10 inches and the white stuff and had no problem moving. As for room, I'm only 6 foot and I don't have a problem. i think the newer ones has more room. :2cents:

Wayne, I had a 2002 forester for 3 years. Like everyone else on here I loved the performance and ride, but I always missed the space that I was use to in a van (or in your case a truck) when I turned in my lease at the 3 years I bought a van. Much better for myself family and work dogs.