IGNORED

Digital Tach group buy offer

dingy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

It was brought to my attention that there is another Ebay individual selling the same tachs as I am getting for a Buy it now price of $16.99 shipping included.

He indicated to me that he did not want to sell outside of of Ebay as this could result in his getting kicked off Ebay.

Sellers ID is 8450fish.

The latest ad he has on Ebay now lists them at $17.25. This is $0.25 cents cheaper than I am able to do with first class shipping.

I do not want any one to think I am taking advantage of them by doing this. If you have already paid me and want a refund let me know.

Getting them through me is still cheaper for the multiple unit purchases.

Gary

As it looks now, I have orders for 31 units.

The seller that I have talked to, and that has agreed to sell me these, has given me a slight decrease in price due to added qty. and the other seller on ebay.

:mo money:

I will order an extra tach with this money and donate it to this web site. Freebird can use it as he sees fit. Door prize, contest, maintenance day, whatever.

If anyone that has ordered these has a problem with this let me know and I will refund your payment.

Gary

Edited by dingy

I contacted my supplier of these tachs about warranty if anything should come up.

The tachs will be covered for 90 days from time of purchase. Tach would need to be returned for replacement.

If anything does arise and you need to return due to warranty issue, contact me by email or PM and I will provide information required.

He also wanted me to inform you that the tachs are NOT waterproof as shipped from factory.

There is a protective cover over the face of the tach that does help keep water out. Also, the cable entrance to the tach should be siliconed if you want to help waterproof.

I do not see this being an issue since the intended purpose here is for engine tuning.

He said there is a man in Austrailia that sellls this same tach and he does procedure below to waterproof these. This guy sells these for $65.00 Austrailian, obout $58.00 US.

He puts them on ATV's that are exposed to elements though.

He leaves the front protective film in place, removes the rear panel and pulls the wire back in about 1/2 inch and coats it with silicone sealant, then pulls it back out to seal the hole. He then puts a packett of silica gel in side of the meter to adsorb any moisture before he seals it, then seals the back panel with sealant. He said that without the silica gel, he was getting condensation that was trapped in side of the meter when he sealed them. It would condense on the display area. He is in a coastal area with high humidity.

Gary

Edited by dingy
added austrailian comments

Just wondering where 'we' are at in this process. No hurry here, just curious. That is, have you put in the order yet or are you going to give people a few more days to get their orders in to you?

Again, no rush here - I'm just curious :)

I should have tachs at my house on Saturday, February 6th, will ship to members that ordered by Monday February 8th.

Supplier shipped them yesterday, 2/3/10 USPS priority.

:fingers crossed:

Gary