IGNORED

What kind of car do you drive?

Freebird

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than trying to drive you all crazy , I drive a '08 F-150, 4x4 , crew cab. Wife has '08 Nissan Murano and loves it . If it could possibly be , I'd rather have a '69 Chevy p/u with a 283 , three on the tree , power steering optional .

BEER30

03 ford taurus for Taters and a 04 ford f-150 4x4 for me...been running fords for 35 years now and have had very good luck with them...good reliable transportation...:amen: :fnd_(16):

Yep, Ford family here too :thumbsup2: Currently have 2005 Ford Escape and would be in deep doo-do without the higher seats, since the accident. Not one once of trouble with it and runs like a dream.

Yah 44 posts earlier how is one to find that ? :stickpoke: And why White ?

Congrats on the new car.

Brad

You find it by reading ALL the posts. :) I've actually enjoyed seeing what everybody else drives. WOW...some of you folks drive some really nice cars and trucks and one thing that surprised me is how many miles some of you have on your vehicles. I guess it shouldn't have though because there are many in this group who know how to maintain their vehicles and keep them going.

Why white? I really don't know. Eileen and I both really like white vehicles. The '04 that we traded in was also white as have been many of our cars and trucks over the years. She briefly considered bright silver this time but within a few minutes said "no, I want white again". In my opinion, the white is easier to keep looking good over the years as it doesn't show small scratches, swirl marks and etc. like darker colors can.

I've been on vacation so I've missed this forum! Anyway - my church people claim the reason there is a Pastor Parking only sign at the church is so I know which car I have. I have a tendency to buy and sell cars. But currently - I'm very content on what I'm driving and may keep it for awhile:

Mine: 2006 Ford F150 Super Cab XLT with 50,000 miles - traded my Harley for it! I installed leather seats from the junk yard and love this thing. My wife doesn't like the dual exhaust though I love it.

Mine: 1972 3 Door Chevy Suburban with air ride - and 350 fuel injected engine. Trying to sell it to pay off the Venture. Very nice for the age! Came as part of the Harley trade. I got the pickup and the Suburban for my 05 Ultra.

Hers: 2007 Chrysler Pacifica - she loves it - I'm okay with it.

I understand about the dealers. I won't buy from an aggressive dealership. I searched online before we went to look. The first one we stopped at advertised on their site that they had 40 2011 Sorentos in stock. We got there to find that they actually had maybe 15. The first thing I noticed was that on every car, they had added a price sticker that added $1795.00 for an ignition cut out theft device. I hate dealerships that add anything to the sticker and then claim that it's already installed so you have to take it. I told the salesman that IF they had what we wanted, I would absolutely NOT pay for any such dealer added options. He said that he would talk to his manager but thought that they were already installed and we had to take it. They didn't have the exact vehicle that we wanted anyway so much to his displeasure, we left.

I then simply drove through a second dealers lot and saw that they didn't have the vehicle that we wanted either.

The last stop was the dealership that was actually closest to my home. No ripoff dealer options added. It is also the dealership that I used for service on my '04 Sorento and even though I bought it used and not from them, they always treated me very well. They had a nice selection but again, not exactly what we wanted. They did a vehicle locate and did a dealer trade for the exact model, exterior and interior color and options that we wanted and went the next day and picked it up. It was a very easy negotiation. The salesman had our '04 appraised for trade value and came back with their first offer. It was actually better than I expected. I sold cars for a few years so had a very good idea where we would be. I looked it over and told him that we were close but not quiet where we should be. I made him an offer that was $1,000.00 less than they started with. I told the salesman that I wasn't going to play any games. I said that is what I will pay. If you can't do it, then that's fine. We'll shake hands and maybe can do better next time but there would be no back and forth and this was it.

He came back in about 3 minutes and told me that we had a deal. That was it. I feel that I got a good deal and they should have been OK also. It was a very pleasant experience.

Freebird - I need you to come to Iowa and deal for me! Actually, I do my research and when it comes to getting a newer car - I'm armed and dangerous! I know the ropes well enough to not to fall for the add ons, etc. I just need to stop at a Kia dealership and have a good look at one. Today we are 1/2 of ice everywhere so I'm not venturing from home! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Why white? I really don't know. Eileen and I both really like white vehicles. The '04 that we traded in was also white as have been many of our cars and trucks over the years. She briefly considered bright silver this time but within a few minutes said "no, I want white again". In my opinion, the white is easier to keep looking good over the years as it doesn't show small scratches, swirl marks and etc. like darker colors can.

Actually, white is the most popular color in this country , followed by silver and red. Least popular is yellow.

All 3 of mine are pearlized white...Had the RSV been available in white I would have gone for that as well, although the pearl-black is great too.:)

06 Civic Si - Fun Car to drive, quick as hell and sounds the part when the V-TEC kicks in. I refuse to teach my daughters to drive a stick otherwise it would be seeing a lot more abuse than it already does. Absolutely needs 4 good snow tires, then it's great in the winter too. With Blizzaks and the Si's positrac differential I have never have a problem in the winter.

My previous car was a Lexus SC-400, nice fair weather car but the WORST I have EVER owned in the snow. Daugher #2 did me a favor by crashing it 3 winters ago, got most of my money back in insurance and she was not hurt.

04 Mazda 6 4cyl - Wifes car. Stick shift again for many of the above reasons. Test drove a 4cyl with the automatic - dooooggggg

94 Corolla This is the kids car and it looks it

We have 3 older vehicles.

1998 Honda Accord 4cyl from Texas, no rust

1998 Toyota Camry 4cyl from Florida, no rust

1994 Dodge Dakota extended cab, for hauling stuff

Nothing fancy, low maintenance, dependable, paid for. Maybe one day I'll take the plunge and move up into the newer 2000 models? :confused24:

For the first time in my adult life I do not own a VW. I drove a VW bug when I met my wife had 6 or 7 more bugs ..... only one wife! Sold the 1973 VW van we have had for the last 18 years as the kids grew. I discovered that the north american car makers installed all these fancy things like..... HEAT.... Defrost..... no more scraping the inside of the windows before you can drive....... Thank you GMC. I now have a 2005 GMC Jimmy and loving it. A project VW bug is in the not to distant future I think as the kids are starting to leave home.

Just got rid of my wifes 99 Chrysler 300M what a pile of junk. Last Chrysler I will ever own. She is now driving an 08 Lincoln MKX. I drive a 05 AWD Chevy Astro Van in the winter and a 1995 Ford Probe GT that has been a pet project and now looks like a brand new car, has only 75,000 on her. Then obviously my 02 Midnight Venture tops the list whenever its not raining or freezing.