IGNORED

What kind of car do you drive?

Freebird

She's limping along for me with a weak tranny, and helping me $$$ recover from my last divorce. My goal is to get out of debt and buy a much newer Cry Sebring LXI convert.

My other wheels that are the most important ones are the two on my beautiful 86 VR from Squidley and Lonna! I was able to enjoy a cool 43 miles on her this afternoon and I am hopeful for tomorrow ... in CO of course.

JackZ

What I'll be riding when I retire from the scoot at 100:

:mytruck1: It will be modified with a Photoshop insert of me on the bike! JZ

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife has a 2010 Ford Escape and loves it. I have a 2009 F150. I'll have to say I've been impressed with my truck's 2wd handling in this snow and ice we have had. Between the traction control, Anti skid and the awesome traction bladder (JC Whitney) I added to the bed I feel like I'm driving a 4wd.

#1) Wife's: 2007 BMW 328xi - she loves it

#2) Mine: 2003 Dakota QuadCab 4x4 V8 - I love it, will never not have a truck, but rarely use it (see #5)

#3) Other: 2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT - we use this even less than my truck, but a blast of a car

#4) Wife's 2-Wheeler: 2004 V Star Silverado - trying to get her to upgrade to the V Star 950 Tourer

#5) My 2-Wheeler: 2006 RSV - love it, I'm on it just about every day (see #2)

I dunno... seems so many of y'all have more vehicles than ya know what to do with. I've had a lot of vehicles during my life but not more than 3 at any one time ... nowadays we rarely drive the 4 wheeled one anywhere and surely no need for multiples of those.

1996 Dodge Dakota SLT extended cab V8 2wd ... 302,000 kms and purrs like a kitten. In 2 years since we got it we've only put on appx 10,000 kms and other than the scoot, that's the only vehicle we have. Public transit gets us back and forth to work and the scoot takes us on whatever trips we do.

My current ride is a 2009 Toyota Tocoma Double Cab. The wife drives a 2005 Volks Beetle Vert and of course the 2009 RSV. The funnest ride I ever had was a 2008 Corvette w/430 hp and a six speed. I got married and it became impractable for me to have a truck and car just for me. Also, the new wife didn't want to drive it; she was afraid it would get scratched. :hihi: It's ok......... It's ok.... She is worth it...:D

what I have??

MINE

2001 Ford F150 Supercab, the big V-8, Not fully loaded but close. gas mileage decent for that truck, around 15 mpg, 125K on the speedo

ALSO MINE

2009 Nissan Versa hatchback, nicely equipped, rides nice, mileage avg. between 27-30. Bought so we'd have a vehicle that got better mileage than my truck for trips and for me to drive to work in. Will NOT buy another one. OEM tires went bald at 20k. Not a happy camper on that point along with some nit picky stuff I don't like about it that if I'd known about when I bought it, I wouldn't have done so.

HIS

1998 S10 pickup, 25 mpg, 225+K miles on it & down for the count. He's driving my truck on his daily commute of 90 miles. Complains about the gas mileage but won't go looking for another S10/equivalent when what he would save on gas would probably make the payments on it! My comments are unprintable.

What I want :D

Ford F350 Crewcab Diesel 4x4 standard axle as I don't need a dually. Would love to have one of the King Ranch Ed.'s but hubby is death to leather seats. We have horses so we need a full sized truck. I want the F350 so that I can pull just about any trailer if I have to. Would also like to have a decent sized toy hauler so we could go on vacation with the bike! ;) FYI I ride, he doesn't. As for him riding pillon with me driving, HIS comments would be unprintable!!

I don't think I've ever seen this question asked. I'm curious because it was time to replace Eileen's car and we looked at a lot of vehicles trying to decide what to buy this time. I pretty much left it up to her but it got me wondering what the rest of you here drive.

So....what are you driving and are you happy with it?

I have an 08 Jeep Wrangler 4 door... My wife loves to ride in it, but hates to drive it.

She has a Honda Element EX 4x4,, It is an 03,, I offered to buy her a new car before I bought my Jeep. She said she loved the Element and didn't want a new car. So I offered to buy her a new Element. She said she loved the one she had and didn't want a new one.

That's when I knew it was safe to buy my Jeep!! :missingtooth:

Seriously, if the Element had a better towing capacity I would have bought one too, they are great vehicles if you don't need a ton of room. Even so it has more room than my Jeep. They use the same engine and underbody as the Honda CRV. They have a little more room than a CRV, but are also less aerodynamic, so only get about 22 to 24 mpg.

Well the '04 Sorento that we traded only got about 17 MPG city and 20-21 HWY if we were very careful how we drove it. The new one that we bought is rated 21 city and 27 HWY I think it was. If it gets that, we will be very happy with it.

So did I miss what you bought ? Another Kia? I do not think I ever got what the manufacturer said you would.

Brad

03 ford taurus for Taters and a 04 ford f-150 4x4 for me...been running fords for 35 years now and have had very good luck with them...good reliable transportation...:amen: :fnd_(16):

man after mine heart.. we have three trucks.. 90 f-150= 260,000 miles (my plow truck) 91 f-150 = 215,000 miles (my truck) 96 f-150 = 210,000 miles (Annies truck).. no cars .. 15 years I got mad at the wife and traded her Thunderbird for a truck. she's had a truck ever since.. got tired of being stuck with her truck cause she always took my truck.. had 9 thunder birds over the years.. had fords since 1976...:thumbsup2: