IGNORED

never ment to offend anyone

oldgoat

eck i dont know your friend who says that i would sucker punch ya?

so that being said. i will most likey never attend any meetings?

i dont want troubble and i dont go looking for any.

so that being said and done i wish all of you the best. and i will just slowly fade away.

good luck fellow venture ridders. keep them up on 2 wheels. and i will make sure to wave if i see one of ya on the road. if broke down i will allways stop.

oldgoat

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oldgoat, I read that thread and I really don't think anyone was trying to start anything. It's just how we are, a fun loving bunch. The internet being what it is, it's way too easy to put something down and mean nothing negative by it, but it is easy to see how it may offend someone else. Eck is a good guy, even if he does ride a GW:bawling:, as are the rest of the bunch. The knuckleheads are usually weeded out pretty soon as we just don't put up with their idiocy and don't feed into it. That being said, I hope you stick around and hope to meet you one day!

Hey Oldgoat, stick around. I read the post and don't think it was said to start any trouble, and if it was let it go. This is a great site with a lot of great people. Someone once told me you can't soar like an eagle if you walk with the turkeys. Let it go and stay with us, we're family!

Hey Old Goat, don't go. I for one would miss readsing your posts. I'm sure you are making more out of it than is really there. I'm sure, knowing Eck, that if he was offended that he would have PM'ed you or something.

I'm sure you would be a valuable asset to this group...

I have re-read the thread and also believe that words were said in jest (everybody has a different sense of humor) and never meant as insults. I have a quick temper and have often taken humor as insult.:backinmyday: I hope you stay with us, Oldgoat, this is a truly great site and you will be sorely missed.

:farmer:

There are many times that things are written and taken out of text....I am guilty with many others of that....I have always found that if someone finds something objectional with something I've written, I've got a pm from them and it was straightened out...Everyone here has a different sense of humor and because many of us comment on each others post we feel that we are friends and can push the envelope.....I too have reread the post and feel that you are making a big deal out of nothing......stick around...no reason to go any where...we are family here and no one is asking you to leave.....Eck is a great guy and a simple pm to him will prove that..:2cents:

OK, I also just reread the post and am having a hard time figuring out where you are coming from. I also know Eck and he truly is a great guy. He is a very compassionate and caring man.

But we need to quit saying that because he don't need to get a bigger head than he already has. He is already having a hard time putting his helmet on. Not to imply you are a fathead Eck, but if the helmet fits(actually, too tight), well, you know what I mean.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

Jim,

We have chatted on occasion and like all have said here, dont go. Were full swing in PMS and I know MANY have cabin fever right now. The post you refer to is just a misunderstanding and is really not a big deal. One of the things I try to do here myself, to actually be a better moderator, is to meet folks face to face. This is why I'll travel the continent to go to events and to actually meet as many members as I can. This stupid little box we type into is a poor excuse for some converations. I have met folks and get a feel for them so I can better judge how they post. I have been known to come into a thread and read a post from one of the members that I know and jokingly tell them to shut up. Some folks are mortified that I do that, but I know a bit of their personalities and can get away with it to lighten up a situation.

No need to go and I really encourage you to meet up with folks, I will never beg anyone to stay here. It is free will and I dont force my opinions down people, but your short changing yourself if you decide to fade away. It's all water under the bridge and some days we just have our shorts in a wad....it happens to me too :happy34:

Don't go, friend. I too am guilty of late night shenanigans where I type something that I think is just so funny and if you could here me laughing as I'm typing you'd think I was drunk or drugged. The next day I'll read what I posted and think OMG what did I do? Kinda like bringing that good looking gal home from the bar just to find out it was a guy (I know I didn't just say that!). :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Jim,

We have chatted on occasion and like all have said here, dont go. Were full swing in PMS and I know MANY have cabin fever right now. The post you refer to is just a misunderstanding and is really not a big deal. One of the things I try to do here myself, to actually be a better moderator, is to meet folks face to face. This is why I'll travel the continent to go to events and to actually meet as many members as I can. This stupid little box we type into is a poor excuse for some converations. I have met folks and get a feel for them so I can better judge how they post. I have been known to come into a thread and read a post from one of the members that I know and jokingly tell them to shut up. Some folks are mortified that I do that, but I know a bit of their personalities and can get away with it to lighten up a situation.

No need to go and I really encourage you to meet up with folks, I will never beg anyone to stay here. It is free will and I dont force my opinions down people, but your short changing yourself if you decide to fade away. It's all water under the bridge and some days we just have our shorts in a wad....it happens to me too :happy34:

Shut up already !!!! :fnd_(16)::fnd_(16):

Hang around, its winter time, people get testy when they cant do what they love, and just do something or say something someone takes the wrong way. I too know Eck very well and I know if it bothered him he would have said so............So relax and dont fret over it. Just ask him about Nason who was threatening him with a butt whipping if and when they met.......and they did meet, and then the fun started. You will get a good laugh out of it.

I know I have started my fair share of threads or contributed to a thread that went south real fast and had my wrist slapped more than once. So now I just think twice or more before I jump in with both feet. The moderators are very fair when it comes to handling these situations, and if they get really bad and the offender wont back off, then Don steps in and takes matters into his hands, after all this site is his creation. Very few people as far as I know have been banned from the site, so dont go and send yourself in exile over this.

Its all in fun and the winter blues makes some of us real crazy.....bang%20head.gif............

I will get off my :soapbox: now.

Oldgoat,

For the life of me my friend, I can not see where you would be offended at my post.

If what I posted offended you then there must have been other things already bothering you and you somehow read something out of text in my post.

I attached two little men at the end of my paragraphs to show you and everyone else it was a joke. One man pointing and then kicking the other in the pants(:buttkick:), and the second one with his tongue sticking out, and thumbs in his ears..(:rasberry:)

Like others have already said, If I had an issue or was offended by anything I would have sent you a Private email letting you know..or I would have looked up your phone number and directly called you on it.

I will never beg someone to stay on the site here. If you leave then you leave on your own accord. All I ask is that you please don't place the blame on me for something that you really took or misread. Stick around,, it will be ok.

I was NOT offended by anything you said, and I am still not offended.:thumbsup2:

Lets ride..............