IGNORED

Ok all you rstd folks

Mine is an '05. I added the chrome fender tips, Luggage rack, Flanders pull back handlebars, Custom World International drivers back rest, Highway pegs, Billet air cleaner covers/ K & N air filters,

You can't tell in the picture, but Jake's ball is at my feet. He's standing there waiting for me to throw it.

Edited by eazyduzzit

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2008 RSTD bought new in Feb of 2008.Currently has 29000mi. I have added chrome edge trim to the fenders,VentureDad hitch,Yamaha bag guards,Drivers back rest,Yamaha lugage rack to sissy bar,Tank mount chrome covers,chrome levers,passing lamps,Visors on all lights except headlight,rear brake resevoir chrome cover,Kuryachen grips modified to retain stock bar ends,chrome carb covers,custom tribal pinstriping,www tires front and rear,Yamaha studded driver and passenger seats and I think thats all for now.Oh I also removed the hubcaps from the rotors as per Eagle Eye.Soon to be added,Garmin Nuvi 500 GPS and AutoCom ActiveDuo. I would also like to add a matching color tinted(blue) windshield ala Memphis Fats if anone has any suggestions on where to get that??

I waited 12 years for this bike and it is worth every minute.

• 1 month later...
Here is mine,

Barons slash cuts

luggage rack from tour classic

Kuryakyn pegs

Bakup seat rest

Shark am/fm tuner with 100 amp booster

Dunlop 404 wide white walls

Red bullet turn signal lenses (added today- thanks eagleeye for the info)

Where did you install the Amp for your speakers?

I am new to the RSTD. I picked an '09 up on June 3, 2010. So far I think it is a great bike. Today I took the rear fender off so I can run wires to a Billet Brothers LED license plate frame. My plan is to run the LED's off a Back Off unit and have the regular tail light illuminate continuously instead of blinking.

Not much on mods. I bought the Flanders Handlebar and am waiting for that to get here. I also replaced the incandescent tail light with the 100 LED custom dynamics one. EMGO rear view mirrors I bought off e-bay but I think I am going to replace those with a pair of Kuryakin mirrors.

Anyway here are some pics:

I am new to the RSTD. I picked an '09 up on June 3, 2010. So far I think it is a great bike. Today I took the rear fender off so I can run wires to a Billet Brothers LED license plate frame. My plan is to run the LED's off a Back Off unit and have the regular tail light illuminate continuously instead of blinking.

Not much on mods. I bought the Flanders Handlebar and am waiting for that to get here. I also replaced the incandescent tail light with the 100 LED custom dynamics one. EMGO rear view mirrors I bought off e-bay but I think I am going to replace those with a pair of Kuryakin mirrors.

Anyway here are some pics:

How much work was it to take off the fender? That's a task I've never tried.

Dave

It's not too bad. It took longer to understand how it is held on than to actually take it off. I may have gone deeper than necessary i.e. I took out the battery box to get to the 2 screws that hold on the little plastic part on the front of the fender.

Here is what I did:

Took bags off

took 2 screws that hold chrome piece to fender. Then ended up taking chrome trim off altogether

Took off the crash bars

Then took a black strut off that was behind the crash bars

took off the passenger floor boards

take off the thing that holds the passenger pillion

2bolts behind the driver seat

plastic thing that the brake lite wire goes thru

There is a strut that is attached behind the passenger floor boards when you loosen it it rotates out of the way to get the clearance to get the fender off.

When I put it back together I will try to take pictures.

I am not good at that but I will try.

I went to http://www.easternbeaver.com and found the plug that goes to the tail light wiring harness. I took the fender off because I want to run the wires from the plate LED's to this connector rather than to the ones that are behind the license plate.

My plan is to have the Back Off blink the license plate LED's and have the tail light brake shine steady.

It's not too bad. It took longer to understand how it is held on than to actually take it off. I may have gone deeper than necessary i.e. I took out the battery box to get to the 2 screws that hold on the little plastic part on the front of the fender.

Here is what I did:

Took bags off

took 2 screws that hold chrome piece to fender. Then ended up taking chrome trim off altogether

Took off the crash bars

Then took a black strut off that was behind the crash bars

took off the passenger floor boards

take off the thing that holds the passenger pillion

2bolts behind the driver seat

plastic thing that the brake lite wire goes thru

There is a strut that is attached behind the passenger floor boards when you loosen it it rotates out of the way to get the clearance to get the fender off.

When I put it back together I will try to take pictures.

I am not good at that but I will try.

I went to www.easternbeaver.com and found the plug that goes to the tail light wiring harness. I took the fender off because I want to run the wires from the plate LED's to this connector rather than to the ones that are behind the license plate.

My plan is to have the Back Off blink the license plate LED's and have the tail light brake shine steady.

"Not too bad" but still a lot to do. Thanks for the reply!

Dave

• 2 months later...
Here is mine,

Barons slash cuts

Kuryakyn pegs

Bakup seat rest

I been looking at that Shark system. The price seems to good to be true how do you like it?

Pat

I been looking at that Shark system. The price seems to good to be true how do you like it?

Pat

It works ok. I use an ipod shuffle on it. And recently i saw i could get extra speakers for 9 bucks apiece. So I got em and mounted them as well. The radio cuts out if i turn it up way loud. but at 1/2 volume they sound better. I can hear real well even in heavy cross winds. But I usually dont wear a helmet. (I Know I Know), plus that is with Barons pipes on. It is a cheap way to get tunes, but it actually works pretty well. I mounted the amp in a windshield bag to keep it dry. It does get rather warm in there but no problems as of yet. I think I have a pic or 2 of them mounted

Here are the pics of the bike with all the mods and paint.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/hunter1500/IMG_0292.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/hunter1500/IMG_0293.jpg

And the new cables and brake lines and Flanders bars.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/hunter1500/003-2.jpg

• 1 year later...
Just Put the tour pack on with the wrap around seat. Looking for a fairing next just need to find the right one.

What rear trunk did you use? It looks like it is setting on the luggage rack and is mounted to the backrest. Is this set up for your application or did you have to do some custom work?

Here are photos of our 07 RSTD.

Edited by jrsain

• 1 month later...
Here is mine,

Barons slash cuts

Kuryakyn pegs

Bakup seat rest

Where did you get your red turn lenses at?

Thanks

• 4 months later...