IGNORED

Need a carb !

StarFan

Greetings and happy new year everybody.

Been away for quite some time but am over the hill here at my work in Norway and intend to visit the site more frequently. Sadly I wont be able to show up at Freebirds Maintenance day this year but it is on my "to do list" for the year 2011. And since I am not coming then there is this great oppurtunity to do some work on my USA based bike.

Had a talk with Earl (Skydoc1) the other night and lured him into doing some engine work on my bike. Want to swap the cams and the measly 28mm carbs for V-Max cams and the 32mm Venture carbs. Parts are in general easy to get except for the Venture carbs. So I was wondering if any of you guys and girls would know of a set lying around in someones garage that would be available. Payment through PayPal or by transferring into account. Or any othe rpreferred payment method by sellers choice.

Last but not least - thanks for last summer guys. It was simply unbelievable and I had the time of my life. Still getting nightmares :yikes: though of BigTom approaching me in womans underwear with a funny look on his face :p - but my shrink is working on it.

All the best from freezing Norway :snow:

Jonas

I spent the night at Big Tom's house when I went to NY for the meet and eat at Pioneer Motorsports and in the middle of the night I woke up to this mountain of a man hunkering over me with that BIG Ice Cream Eating Grin on his face! I felt like a double scoop of "Rocky Road"!!! The therapy is going well for me as well, I hardly wake up in the middle of the night screaming any more! I have a whole new respect for Taters now! What a GOOD SPORT she is! That would be like living with a Sasquatch!

Earl

What size are 1st gen carbs?? I have a set laying around in sad need of rebuilding that I'll donate if they work for you...

If I'm not mistaken he would have to have a set of G2 carbs to fit on properly. If I'm mistaken I know someone will correct the error of my way

:whistling:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/royalstar/? check on this forum and ask about the carb swap. there's a write-up on the start page on doing it. several of the guys have done it. i think rssstar has a set of carbs he wants to sell. you also have to have a set of venture carb adapters and an adapter plate because the adapters bolt up differant to heads. there's a guy on there that machines the plates out. good luck with it if you go that way.

Unfortunately, neither the 1st gen nor the VMX carbs will fit in this frame. It's too bad, as the engine really needs bigger carbs than even the 32mm ones. But they're all that will fit. The information on the carb swap can be found here.

Do you have a source for the adapter plates? I have made several sets for people. The drawing is also in the swap article and anyone can make them.

You won't be sorry you swapped these parts out. One ride and you will want to do your other bike also, and you won't be happy on it until you do.

Wow after all that you're still willing to come back over Jonas. You're a brave man. You and Earl just need to keep telling yourselves it was just a nightmare it couldn't possibly have been real. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Thats what my Shrink also says - but neither of you have had this nightmare!

If I'm not mistaken he would have to have a set of G2 carbs to fit on properly. If I'm mistaken I know someone will correct the error of my way

:whistling:

No error there Squidley. Would wish though I could get these 1st.Gen carbs in there !

What size are 1st gen carbs?? I have a set laying around in sad need of rebuilding that I'll donate if they work for you...

Thanks Bob but these are Second Gen carbs I need like Sqiudley pointed out. Was nice meeting you and the missis this summer and lets make sure we meet in 2011.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/royalstar/? check on this forum and ask about the carb swap. there's a write-up on the start page on doing it. several of the guys have done it. i think rssstar has a set of carbs he wants to sell. you also have to have a set of venture carb adapters and an adapter plate because the adapters bolt up differant to heads. there's a guy on there that machines the plates out. good luck with it if you go that way.

Thanks Taz, just sent him a message and we will see what happens.

Unfortunately, neither the 1st gen nor the VMX carbs will fit in this frame. It's too bad, as the engine really needs bigger carbs than even the 32mm ones. But they're all that will fit. The information on the carb swap can be found here.

Do you have a source for the adapter plates? I have made several sets for people. The drawing is also in the swap article and anyone can make them.

You won't be sorry you swapped these parts out. One ride and you will want to do your other bike also, and you won't be happy on it until you do.

Hi there Lynn. Have been meaning to send you a line. Thanks for all the info on the carb swap as well as your outstanding article. Earl Harrel (skydoc1) is going to make the swap for me and if O.K. with you then he might get in touch with you on the issue. Will send you a PM tonight or call soon.