IGNORED

Publix calander

Motorcycle Mike

The outhouses calendar my sister-in-law gave me for Christmas also lists Islamic New Year on Dec. 7, with no mention of Pearl Harbor Day.

I WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN ANOTHER OUTHOUSE AGAIN!:witch_brew:

In defense of Publix they probably do not design their own calendar. They probably provide their artwork and coupons to a vendor who produces them and do not specify the holidays on what is otherwise a stock calendar.

Whoever commissioned the outhouse calendars probably got it from the same vendor. The outhouses calendar was produced in Korea.

The saddest part about things like this is that very few Americans will really get on the bandwagon and raise holy hell about it.

Americans are forgetting or ignoring how the freedoms they enjoy came to be and the price paid for those freedoms.

When the house of cards collapses its gonna be every man for himself....and the sight will not be pretty.

Boomer.....who's got nothing funny to say about the crap he see's going on in the Country .....but has clean guns, plenty of ammo.... and is ready.

Chip, chip, chip, little by little the foundation of this nation is being eroded away,im glad im old cause i dont want to see what happens here in 15-20 years. I think the biggest danger right now is apathy, and im sad to say, i dont have any answers.

I have a few choice words to say about that!

%^&^$$ $$&^**%%&( them all! :moon::moon::moon:

and further more %$#@%^ %&$ &$%$%& %&^$&^ %^$^ &^*(^(%%(&%@!!@$!!!

I am going to lay down by my bowl now and cool off! :yikes:

I finally got warm this winter after reading the first posting of this thread.

Third world nation here we come. Start now and go look for your new cave!

I have a few choice words to say about that!

%^&^$$ $$&^**%%&( them all! :moon::moon::moon:

and further more %$#@%^ %&$ &$%$%& %&^$&^ %^$^ &^*(^(%%(&%@!!@$!!!

I am going to lay down by my bowl now and cool off! :yikes:

I finally got warm this winter after reading the first posting of this thread.

Third world nation here we come. Start now and go look for your new cave!

Glad I read yer post Bubber. Truer words never spoken.!!!

Boomer.....who spent over 23 years in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club and is always grateful to learn new cuss words.:D:rotfl:

Boomer.....who spent over 23 years in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club and is always grateful to learn new cuss words.:D:rotfl:

I thought you worked for a taxi company that specialized in giving Marines rides ?

:stickpoke: :rotfl: :sign isnt that spec :think:

Gary

Has anybody noticed that many of the things that started this nation are now either illegal, ignored, or frowned upon today? If ya try to stick out from the rest of the crowd these days, someone is there with a big hammer to pound ya back down again.

Has anybody noticed that many of the things that started this nation are now either illegal, ignored, or frowned upon today? If ya try to stick out from the rest of the crowd these days, someone is there with a big hammer to pound ya back down again.

Yep....And getting worse day by day too.

Boomer.....who knows its harder to hit a moving target with a big hammer...and it helps if the target can throw .45 lead at the idiot holding the hammer too.:D

Chief (BoomerCPO),

Were you a Bos'n? I spent 5 years in Uncle Sam's Confused Group (USCG) and us scope dopes learned all our cussing from from Bos'ns. To think about it, I kinda miss the smell of the paint locker! Then again.....I miss everything about being underway!!!!

Quick story.....got a new SNOS in our shop who had to pull Mess duty. He was assigned to the Chief's Mess. He asked us "Salty" OS2's what he should do with the MCPO's coffee cup because it looked dirty. We told him to wash it and make it shine. Well he did, and it was the 1st time in 4 years that cup had been washed. I thought the MCPO was gonna throw him overboard. You wanna talk about a PISSED OFFED Master Chief?!?!? I think the XO had to have a talk with him as he went on the 1MC and blessed this SN out. The Capt'n just laughed! Sea stories. HILARIOUS!!

Ben

Publix has decided to put Dec. 7 as the islamic new year instead of Pearl Harbor Day.

As an American, U.S. Army vet and the son of a WWII vet, this upsets me greatly. I will NEVER spend another penny in publix again. Hope you take your money elswhere too.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/publix.asp

Mike, I am truly sorry to see that this has upset you so much. On one hand, I can clearly appreciate the sentiment of your comments, as well as others that have chimed in. However, it does not appear that Publix "decided" to do this, as your post suggests.

Everything I have read online about this topic clearly indicates that Pearl Harbor Day was never previously on the Calendar, specifically because no days of remembrance are ever included. The Calendar is limited to the mention of Holidays; accordingly, Pearl Harbor Day was not, in fact, "replaced". If you might be otherwise angry that a specific religious holiday is being noted, that, I think, is a different discussion altogether.

I will gladly be the first at the site with a picket sign when a business actually does something anti-American, but I don't see that as being the case in this instance.

Respectfully,

TERRY

Edited by Blackjack

Chief (BoomerCPO),

Were you a Bos'n? I spent 5 years in Uncle Sam's Confused Group (USCG) and us scope dopes learned all our cussing from from Bos'ns. To think about it, I kinda miss the smell of the paint locker! Then again.....I miss everything about being underway!!!!

Quick story.....got a new SNOS in our shop who had to pull Mess duty. He was assigned to the Chief's Mess. He asked us "Salty" OS2's what he should do with the MCPO's coffee cup because it looked dirty. We told him to wash it and make it shine. Well he did, and it was the 1st time in 4 years that cup had been washed. I thought the MCPO was gonna throw him overboard. You wanna talk about a PISSED OFFED Master Chief?!?!? I think the XO had to have a talk with him as he went on the 1MC and blessed this SN out. The Capt'n just laughed! Sea stories. HILARIOUS!!

Ben

No I was never a Bos'n.....Learned a lot from 2 BMC's in the first 4 years of my Naval career tho. I was Surface Navy back then. Once I joined the Submarine Service I never met another Bos'n.....saw quite a few of them through our periscopes tho! LOL!:rotfl:

Boomer.....who can attribute his sometimes colorful vernacular to the Khaki Mafia aka the Chief's Quarters.:whistling::hurts:

No I was never a Bos'n.....Learned a lot from 2 BMC's in the first 4 years of my Naval career tho. I was Surface Navy back then. Once I joined the Submarine Service I never met another Bos'n.....saw quite a few of them through our periscopes tho! LOL!:rotfl:

Boomer.....who can attribute his sometimes colorful vernacular to the Khaki Mafia aka the Chief's Quarters.:whistling::hurts:

Well Boomer just gave away the secret to his craziness.....he was a submariner. NOUGH SAID, they just ain't wired right!

Ben

Well Boomer just gave away the secret to his craziness.....he was a submariner. NOUGH SAID, they just ain't wired right!

Ben

Hey I could be a LOT werse.....I wuz Non-Nuclear Machinist Mate!!:cool17:

Boomer.....who has NO body part that glows in de dark....and all his molecules are in de right genetic order too....depending of course on which mental physician ya talk to.:whistling:

Mike, I am truly sorry to see that this has upset you so much. On one hand, I can clearly appreciate the sentiment of your comments, as well as others that have chimed in. However, it does not appear that Publix "decided" to do this, as your post suggests.

Everything I have read online about this topic clearly indicates that Pearl Harbor Day was never previously on the Calendar, specifically because no days of remembrance are ever included. The Calendar is limited to the mention of Holidays; accordingly, Pearl Harbor Day was not, in fact, "replaced". If you might be otherwise angry that a specific religious holiday is being noted, that, I think, is a different discussion altogether.

I will gladly be the first at the site with a picket sign when a business actually does something anti-American, but I don't see that as being the case in this instance.

Respectfully,

TERRY

While I am not that upset, and I understand your view, the fact is that because Pearl Harbor Remembrance day is designated by federal law it technically is a US holiday, even if it is not a Federally listed day off from work. Much like Martin Luther King day, Patriot day, Arbor day, Women's Equality day and many others. The company I work for doesn't give any of those off.

And technically Muslim New Year is not an official US holiday, but Hanukkah and Kwanzaa are.

Respectfully,

TERRY

As a current active duty service member, and a Muslim, I'll offer a quick explanation..

The part about the Pearl harbor day thing is correct. It's not a holiday, it's a day of remembrance. I remember having duty that day, and we put the flag down at half mast.

The 7th being a Muslim new year... Well, we go by the Lunar calendar. Just like the Christians and Jews did hundreds of years ago. So, the new year changes every year. I think publix just put it there, so people can tell when it was. They knew they would be flooded with extra orders of cakes and such...

Besides, don't be ignorant and hate all Muslims. 99.9% of all Muslims are God fearing peaceful people. Just because less than .1% of us are morons, doesn't correctly portray the collected ideals of the majority. We have a few (very few) bad seeds. No one got pissed at white-people when the Unibomber did his attack.. Charles Manson... That asian guy that killed all those college kids in VT.

Hating all Muslims is just as racist as hating all blacks, Jews, Hindus... Let's be respectful to the majority, and not hate many for the actions of the few..

As a current active duty service member, and a Muslim, I'll offer a quick explanation..

The part about the Pearl harbor day thing is correct. It's not a holiday, it's a day of remembrance. I remember having duty that day, and we put the flag down at half mast.

The 7th being a Muslim new year... Well, we go by the Lunar calendar. Just like the Christians and Jews did hundreds of years ago. So, the new year changes every year. I think publix just put it there, so people can tell when it was. They knew they would be flooded with extra orders of cakes and such...

Besides, don't be ignorant and hate all Muslims. 99.9% of all Muslims are God fearing peaceful people. Just because less than .1% of us are morons, doesn't correctly portray the collected ideals of the majority. We have a few (very few) bad seeds. No one got pissed at white-people when the Unibomber did his attack.. Charles Manson... That asian guy that killed all those college kids in VT.

Hating all Muslims is just as racist as hating all blacks, Jews, Hindus... Let's be respectful to the majority, and not hate many for the actions of the few..

Donphantasmo

I think you missed it, the way I see approx 10% of everyone, all races, all religions, any different way you can classify person are morons, and the rest of us have to tollerate them because we can't kill, the Lord frowns on that.

People just can't seem to seperate that fact, it seems we want to blame one group or another, not realizing that most of the worlds problems are actually caused by a small groups of fanatical people fighting each other trying to force the rest of us to live their way. Your right about hating all people of any group, we all need learn to place blame where it belongs, not on an person that had nothing do with the action.

Gregg

Respectfully,

TERRY

The fact that days of remembrance have never been included is bad enough. Too many people have forgot already and need to be reminded. But to then put a muslim holiday where one SHOULD have been just pushed my button. It's just more of the erosion of America.

No, I don't have a problem with the muslim religion, or any religion, but we are at war with radical muslims and I have no personal knowledge of any muslims denouncing the radicals actions. This I have a problem with.

I could go on but I can get pretty passionate about this stuff. Probably best that I just let it go.

It's gona be in the 50s Thursday and Friday and I'm nearly done with the house. I feel a ride coming on. :cool10: