IGNORED

Rode bike to work this AM

ediddy

It is 17 degrees here is south georgia and I rode my bike to work. The post man just delivered the mail and said when he was in germany he rode his bike in the snow but I was crazy riding in this weather. He said with the wind chill it is probably 0. I rode it this morining just to show people I can. Did any of you ride this morning?

More snow here in northern Mich-- about to go out and fire up the snowblower- 9 more inches the last 2 days--on a even sadder note, my snowmobile broke down-- got a yamaha exciter 88, 570 liquid cooled-- blew a piston- Id like to change both pistons and rings and of course I need a top end gasket kit-- but just priced it- and they want $256 for the complete kit. Thats a nice chunk of chrome for the bike so Im thinking Im done snowmobiling for the winter. So gonna put it all back in the polebarn and maybe rebuild it this summer. meanwhile I guess I got more time to work on my new years resalution to getting back into shape before MD at Dons! and dream about riding :snow:

The only things that will keep me off are snow and ice. (I say that knowing how rare days in the single digits are in GA) I guess depending on distance and speed I may chicken out below 10. (I would chicken out below 40 without heated gear :) )

We have a 30% chance of snow later this pm. 30% is so small that it might not really happen. So if we don't get anything today, I will for sure ride tomorrow to work. My Gerbings are ready to go this winter. Winter riding is my best time of the year...you hardly sweat. :97:

its minus 9 here with out wind chill. so aint no way im going ridding. and i like coffee but where i would have to pour that coffee to get my butt off the bike in this kind of weather might hurt a little? dad allways said protect the jewels. there the only thing i passed on to you that means a lot???

Good for you for gettin' out there, Eddie!

I darn sure wanted to, but was too busy trying to get caught up with Clients now that the Holidays are over to have time to get out of here. "Here" being my office, which is right next door to my house (the upstairs of a stand-alone two-story two-car garage).

Maybe I can sneak off tomorrow for awhile...

TERRY

My dad works with a guy that rides a motorcycle to work year-round. He has a 50 mile one way commute, and doesn't let rain or snow stop him. I don't know how... or why for that matter... he does it. The urge to ride is killing me right now, but I'm not about to get the bike out with snow and ice on the ground. The only thing that stops him is his wife. I guess she's started putting her foot down this winter. If there is snow on the roads, she cracks the whip and won't let him ride. That wasn't the case the past few years though.

It's funny too, he rides the bike opposite of what I'd have thought. Most of the year he rides his big BMW GS, but in the nasty weather and snow he rides the Harley. More wind protection I guess. Even though my dad says the windshield on the Harley is cut down so far barely counts as having a windshield at all. :confused24:

Some of us don't have an unlimited supply of vehicles -- it's either a cage or a bike.

Or Start Walking.

Anyway today, I rode in to work. Wind Chill in the teens, but the Gerbings kept me warm and cozy for the entire ride. I think I was the only rider within a 50 mile radius.:snow: