IGNORED

Do you know the answer???

FreezyRider

Okay, here's a couple trivia questions for all you geniuses. For the answers, look way down at the bottom of this post.

1. How many old T shirts does it take to soak up 3 quarts of brand new motor oil from your nice clean garage floor?

2. When changing oil in your bike (well, at least if it's a 1994 Goldwing), if you don't replace the drain plug before starting to add new oil, will the oil run out of the drain hole:

a.) faster than you can pour it into the fill hole

b.) at the same speed as you pour it into the fill hole

c.) no one really knows because you're so busy looking for old T shirts laying around the garage that you can't tell how fast it's coming out.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

ANSWERS:

1.) Exactly 6. Well, maybe not exactly 6 but that's all I could find. So, I guess it coulda been 8. Maybe even 10.

2.) You should be able to guess the answer to this one.

Disclaimer: these questions are only valid for the GL1500 Goldwing. And maybe only for the 1994 models. And possibly only if you are using Castrol 20w-50.....other oils may vary.

Now we need a volunteer to try this on the Venture and see if the results are similar. Probably should have a volunteer for the 1st Gen 1200cc, the 1st Gen 1300cc, and the 2nd Gen. Oh, if anyone with a RSTD would like to join in the fun, have at it!!!

:rotf::cool10::whistling:

Hmmmmmm- 1st genners don't have a problem with the oil drain plug because we are mechanically adept at working on our bikes; 2nd genners usually have it done at the stealers, so they're not sure how it works; I'm surprised that a winger even has an oil drain plug that you can access!

:stirthepot::stirthepot::whistling::whistling:

OK, I learned a looooong time ago to take an old blanket and lay down beside the bike with the tools necessary to remove the drain plug and change the filter and lay down there until the oil is drained and filter is changed and both is replaced and tightened before getting up. And I own a 2nd Gen.:thumbsup2: