IGNORED

What Happened to "PG Rating" ???

SilvrT

I've been noticing lately that posts seem to be bordering or crossing the line of "PG rated" .... what happened? Did we drop that rule?? Or am I just getting overly pikky in my old age and imagining this?

YES! or is it pretty good? Potently garbage? Pretty Girls?

Ya your right OLD AGE !

Post Hoe

Rick,

Thanks for pointing this out, it's good when you the members point out things like this. It sometimes seems that when the Moderators have to get involved it becomes a freedom of speech issue and we are being "Heavy Handed"

Many times we will let a post or thread go to see where it ends up. The line we walk sometimes is very fine and no 2 situations are exactly alike even though their content may be. All we ask for a is a little restraint, and to post things that you wouldn't mind say your 6 year old granddaughter seeing.

This isn't a bash against anyone, just how we like to keep things around here....we are bikers after all :)

Rick,

Thanks for pointing this out, it's good when you the members point out things like this. It sometimes seems that when the Moderators have to get involved it becomes a freedom of speech issue and we are being "Heavy Handed"

Many times we will let a post or thread go to see where it ends up. The line we walk sometimes is very fine and no 2 situations are exactly alike even though their content may be. All we ask for a is a little restraint, and to post things that you wouldn't mind say your 6 year old granddaughter seeing.

This isn't a bash against anyone, just how we like to keep things around here....we are bikers after all :)

After the ribbing I got before your post, I was afraid to come back and see what was new...but alas... at least somebody took the serious side.

of course, I'm not totally serious neither... :rotf:

I too appreciate the post and it is true, there have been some posts lately that probably exceed the PG rating. I don't think that posting examples again in this thread is a great idea. Most are in the jokes section and it's fairly easy to figure out which ones are borderline.

I admit it :smile5: I posted one in the joke section which may have crossed the line. I pondered sending it to a moderator 1st to see if it was or wasn't, but after long deliberation I decided to:confused24: gamble and post it. If it get's pulled I will not be offended, I will simply have a better understanding as to were the line is. :innocent-emoticon:

No "set up", you made a comment about some post you had seen and I had not seen any of these post. Just wondering if you may have a different view of "PG", any examples?:scratchchin:

ahhhhh... at first I thought you were "playing into" a bit of a "game" and gettin me to post something that was "across the PG line" .... to catch me in my own thread.... yanno... all in fun of course.

I guess we all have a "baseline" that we use for determining PG (above or below) and that line can well be different from one person to the next. I am not going to single out anyone's posts that I felt were either borderline or crossed the line. That would only start a "pi$$ing match"

I did feel; however, that somebody needed to bring the topic to the forefront other than a moderator just as a gentle "reminder" and to show that at least one person was "noticing" ... and I'm thinking others might have been also.

Only YOU can give words the power to offend you. I think people should just grow up and quit being so nit-picky. I don't make a habit of saying such things that offend others, but sometimes you just have to in order to get your point across. Just do some research and learn what these words really mean and where they may have originated. Then maybe you can get over it. I've been offended by plenty of things I've seen posted here. But since I'm the minority, I just have to get over it. And guess what... life goes on.

If ya try to make EVERYBODY happy, somebodies not gonna like it.

Just my :2cents:

Doesn't PG mean no one under 17 admitted. Maybe we should change it to G rated if you want your 6 year old grandaughter to be able to read it.

PG means Parental Guidance .... meaning it's up to the parent if a child should view/read the material... so that leaves the decision "to post or not to post" up to each individual's interpretation... then it's up to Don and the moderator's to set the standard and dump what is not acceptable (according to them) and we stand by their decision.

am I right or am I wrong?