IGNORED

Is there any better after-market speakers for the 2nd Gen. Ventures?

Guest 05RSMVTEXAN

I saw an article in a recent V-Twin mag where J&M Electronics was offering an upgrade for the stock speakers in the HD Ultra Classic. The article stated these speakers fit several "metric" applications as well. The price was aroud $125. I am thinking of looking into this for a nice Christmas present for the wife. Of course I will have to wrap it up with something GOLD.....:stirthepot:

I put a set of Pioneer poly cone ones on my 1st generation and the sound was substantially better. I am going to change out my RSV's this winter. Here's a good source for all things audio for us DIY'ers.

Car speakers here

Ones I'm looking at here

if you get the speakers you looking at at tell use how good they are for that price they look great

I can tell you right now that they are way better than stock. They will sound louder than stock because they are more efficient speakers. They will sound cleaner because they have real tweeter. I put a smaller version in my VW, same mgf., same line, and they are great.... for smaller speakers.

I'm not sure how many of you know about car audio pricing and quality, etc. $29/pair brand X and $100/pr. Polk (brand name), they are made in the same factory in most cases. For the bike application... Save the $70 bucks for safety chrome and go... cheaper.

Bob

Is there space or a place to install a small amp - say 100 amp (4x25) within the fairing in a 07 Venture?

Has anyone done this? I think with an amp supplying 25 watts to each speaker and good quality 2 way or even 3 way speakers, the sound would be fantastic at whatever speed you are traveling.

Greg

I can tell you right now that they are way better than stock. They will sound louder than stock because they are more efficient speakers. They will sound cleaner because they have real tweeter. I put a smaller version in my VW, same mgf., same line, and they are great.... for smaller speakers.

I'm not sure how many of you know about car audio pricing and quality, etc. $29/pair brand X and $100/pr. Polk (brand name), they are made in the same factory in most cases. For the bike application... Save the $70 bucks for safety chrome and go... cheaper.

Bob

Id like to hear thoose pyle also. Ive got the polk

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-K3FW4ZCQTVs/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=51200&tab=essential_info&i=107DB400

in mine now and there great. I do want to get thoose bass blockers cause they cant handle full bass with no distortion with my sony unit.

• 1 month later...

Mike,Bob,-- I just got my Polk's in the mail yesterday, and they sure look great

they have a larger magnet and I love the tweeter, I think they will sound

better then my Pioneers, I have an Amp in the trunk and I do use Bass

Blockers. I will try and Install them this weekend.

Thanks for the Tip and the price was great!

also, looks like the specs are better then the Pioneers as well.

Jeff

Best Speakers Money can buy for our scoots are : http://www.earthquakesound.com/focus_coaxials.htm Cost about $90 / Pair and I'm looking at F4.0 model. I'm in A/V buisines and Eartqake speakers are one of the best on market today. they will outperforme any other brand like Bose, Pioneer, Sony, ... Name it. And Price is right. Little more expencive then polk Audio, but way less then some Brand name speakers in same class.

Good Luck

Wow those MODEL F4.0 Look awesome , but I would agree

That there is not enough room behind the faring for them

to fit.. I have been through this before. man they would

be perfect for my 250 watt amp in my trunk!

Dan let us know if the will fit a second gen or not.

Jeff