IGNORED

The wife wrote off her '06 Suzuki C90T

1 Canuck

A couple of weeks ago, my wife wrote off her bike hitting a car, on the way to work. She sheared off one crash bar completely, broke off and split the floor board in half from the other side, bent the frame and forks, broke off the front turn signals, dented the tank, exhaust and broke the windshield.

The mustang seat and chrome side covers and the back of the bike were untouched.

Other than the multiple bruises, pulled muscles, split lip and a damaged helmet; she is so fortunate to be here. The only thing she remembers right after the accident is this old Indian guy with a turban standing over her lying on the pavement, knocking on her helmet asking, "lady...are you ok?", over and over again. By the time the ambulance got there, she said the stars and spins were gone and she could see straight once again. She was then checked out by the paramedics and refused to get into the ambulance to go to the hospital? Stubborn as a mule! :starz:

Instead she got a ride and hobbled in to our family doctor and the chiropractor to be checked out. When she phoned me at work and told me what had happened; she then asked if I could buy her a new one? I could have easily been a widower if it was His choice and she's asking me for a new bike? :confused07: I guess it just wasn't her time?

I'm proud of her for riding a bike, and I thank God she's still here in one piece with no permanent damage. I guess I'll just use the old one for parts?

Anyone have an 07, 08 or 09, Suzuki C90 for sale?

As one who has died before in a firery motorcycle crash and survived the white light to tell about it. Dying in a firery motorcycle crash is highly over rated and I do not recommend it. Glad your wife is OK and still wants to ride. I do too and would be if the ding dang thing weren't broke.:255:

Edited by Dragonslayer

By God, that's spirit. Buy her a new one. She's a keeper. :dancefool:

Definitely cheaper to keep her, but I'm not as relaxed anymore about her riding. She has said that riding is one of her biggest enjoyments of life, and if she ended her life while riding, then it was good to the end. I'm not that way inclined, as there's too much more than riding to enjoy. I could give it up in a heart beat and move on.

So far the opinion is just get another one.

I just bought my wife a new bike as well, though I am nervous, the look on her face was worth a hundred of them. I hope that she never gets hurt, but we are only here once, no time for shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Very good that she is around to torture you some more! What can you say....beg her to quit.....she would likely resent you after awhile.

I am nervous for Marilyn as well but now I know how she feels when I go riding as well. I must say I am proud of how well she rides.....if her time comes....it is what it is. The Lord knows...not me.

If she rides well, enjoys it, and takes to heart the safety rules, then by all means, let her ride.

If she stays away from bikes just so that she won't die riding one, she die from something else, and it may not be pleasant that way either.

Now that I'm thinking about it,,, doesn't seem to me that dying would be pleasant no matter how you do it,,, but maybe you get my drift.

So glad to hear your wife is okay.

Take it from someone who didn't come away from an accident without being bent -- gotta get on the "steel horse"

If we constantly walk away from something that frightens us, or we are apprehensive about -- well, we wouldn't get out the door would we!!!!!!

There are two ways to look at it, My wife has been riding since we first got married, she was only 16, had a GT380 suzuki, when kids came along, we always rode with ours bike well apart, if something happen to one maybe the other would escape it, so the kids would not lose both at once. Which happened to a couple near us, they were both on the same bike, a little old lady was in a turning lane, stopped and waved for them to go on, guess she was afraid she was going to hit them if she tried to make the turn, she was in a pickup had the guys view of the lane blocked, he pulled out and was hit by a ton truck pulling a horse trailer, they were both killed instantly, their kids lost both in one second. Guess it was meat to be, Me and karren rarely ride together on the same bike since.

I worry about her on her own bike, especially when she takes off alone, but what if she is riding with me and I make a mistake, which did happen in 1980, we went down in waycross Ga.. Now I was the one banged and skinned up, but she did have a couple of abrasions, but had she been on her own bike, she would not have had any.

But in my mine I hurt her, I let the bike go down with another person on the back.

I glad your wife did not have any major injuries, Buy her another bike of her own.

Gregg

So glad to hear your wife is okay.

Take it from someone who didn't come away from an accident without being bent -- gotta get on the "steel horse"

If we constantly walk away from something that frightens us, or we are apprehensive about -- well, we wouldn't get out the door would we!!!!!!

:sign yeah that: Might fall out of bed and break your neck!!

I'd like to thank you all for your comments and opinions. I really appreciate your honesty as it gives me a new way of thinking and accepting this issue a little easier.

Due to the depreciation factor of a brand new bike, it shouldn't be too hard to find a newer used model before spring. That should make her happy.

By the way, if you ever thought of what she would do if I passed on first? She would sell her bike (whatever bike at that time), buy a loaded brand new Harley Deluxe and travel across the US and Canada, coast to coast by herself, taking her own sweet time. I told her if that's her plan, then she better get a good GPS with all the Harley dealers loaded in it. She doesn't care!

mo%20money.gif

A year ago, after a 30 year hiatus from riding (for me), my wife suggested the idea of buying motorcycles. We were nearing the end a disastrous boating holiday which gave us daily thunder storms for 80% of our two weeks on the water. But she emphasized that we would have to buy two as she didn't think I would be willing to ride on the back of hers! Lynn had never riden before except for one short ride on the back of one when she was much younger. I used to ride and race motocross in my younger years but then I met my first wife, and my second, and had two daughters, and started a business, and, and, and.

So at the ripe young age of 55 we embarked on a new hobby. Lynn headed off to MC school and I went bike shopping. Lynn graduated from bike riding school last Mothers Day weekend and now owns and rides a Suzuki C50. I am now the proud owner of an RSTD.

This past summer we did two one week trips around northern and southern Ontario putting about a thousand kilometers on each time. The only incident was having the O.P.P. pull us over because my sweety was going too slow and holding up a transport truck on Manitoulin Island. The cop couldn't stop snickering as he told her this would probably be the only time she would have a cop tell her to go faster.

For our friends and relatives who all tell us we must be crazy, my response is that when my time comes I would rather go out on the front of a bus than lying in a hospital bed with a tube down my throat.

We don't take needless chances. We both ride within our own personal limits. And we always worry just enough about one another everytime we ride. But on the plus side, we both feel years younger, in spite of all those new aches and pains at the end of a long days ride, and we are having the time of our lives. We also have an intense mad on about the cold white months that show up at this time of year. Know anybody that wants to buy a 29 foot sailboat????:Venture::thumbsup::thumbsup2:

Buy her a Road Star, My wife rides one and most of the other ladies we meet that has them say they love their's and would not consider any other bike. Some traded harley's for the Road Star after riding one.

I have to admit, I really like Karren's.

Gregg

Glad she wasn't seriously hurt! My wife is learning to ride. 10 yrs ago she threatened to divorce me when I started talking about getting a bike. She thought I wanted to use it to spend time away from her. I really wanted it so we could do it together but there was no talking to her so I dropped the subject.

4 years ago she was diagnosed with a rare stomach cancer and had 2/3 of her stomach removed. This was her second cancer. She had also been in a horrific accident in '96. She survived only by a miracle but suffered a lot of injuries. 28 fractures, head trauma etc.

After the stomach cancer we came to the conclusion that life is to short to be afraid to do things. We didn't even talk about it really we just came to the same conclusion at the same time. Folks who have been together a long time will understand that.We have been married 33yrs. She was 18 and I was 19.

We bought a '97 Royal Star Tour Classic for our 30th anniversay. I took the MSF course and rode for a while before I put her on the back. She loved it and even got back on without hesitation after a couple of close calls.

After a year I found a great deal on an 07 RSV so now we had 2 bikes. I never in my wildest dreams thought she would want to ride her own but after another year I found out she had the bug.

We got her a Honda Rebel to learn on. Her goal is to move up to the RSTC. She is learning pretty well but she's still needs work on stopping, starting and taking turns from a stop.

She is thinking about meeting some girlfriends who ride for lunch today. This would be the first time she rode alone without me. It's a big step so keep your fingers crossed!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/bigjack1/Sheryl/IMG_0372.jpg