IGNORED

Food Additive MSG is a Slow Poison

SilvrT

Thought this might be of some interest to some of ya'll.

I don't think you have Tim Horton's coffe/donut shops "down south" but here in Canada they are everywhere and almost all of them have lineups whenever you go there. I always wondered why ... always thought "they must be doing something to addict people" ... now I know they do.

My experiences with Tim Horton's here in New England have been at best terrible. Overpriced lousy food, foul tasting coffee, and service which indicates they do not like to see bikers in their establishments.

Boomer.....who has no use for their ugly Waitresses as well.:whistling:

A few years ago it was common to see restaurants with signs saying "No MSG" ... especially Chinese food places ... wasn't that because it was deemed "unhealthy" or something like that?

Interesting subject...warrants some investigation at least.

On balance, the evidence is overwhelming that MSG is a safe food additive.

Don't need to start a war here, but it's interesting to watch what people with alergies do with MSG,,, they avoid it like the plague. So it has an adverse effect on the human body. Strong bodies maybe be able to tolerate it, but weakened systems will be subject to it. Now, if tolerated then it may still have an effect on the body, and may somehow have other outcomes.

Also there are also 2 kinds of MSG. The one is naturally occurring such as Hydrolized Plant Protein, and the other is it's chemical partner. The former can be found in a lot, if not all plants, and the later is man made. Many of my customers who have problems with the chemical version, have no problem with the naturally occurring type.

Personally I stay away as much as I can from anything chemical, it's not easy, but the more you read, the more you'll try to stay away from altered stuff,,, especially that stuff that a lot of folks call coffee.

Don't need to start a war here, but it's interesting to watch what people with alergies do with MSG,,, they avoid it like the plague. So it has an adverse effect on the human body. Strong bodies maybe be able to tolerate it, but weakened systems will be subject to it. Now, if tolerated then it may still have an effect on the body, and may somehow have other outcomes.

Also there are also 2 kinds of MSG. The one is naturally occurring such as Hydrolized Plant Protein, and the other is it's chemical partner. The former can be found in a lot, if not all plants, and the later is man made. Many of my customers who have problems with the chemical version, have no problem with the naturally occurring type.

Personally I stay away as much as I can from anything chemical, it's not easy, but the more you read, the more you'll try to stay away from altered stuff,,, especially that stuff that a lot of folks call coffee.

Yep I need to stay away from the man made MSG.

It doesn't agree with my digestive sytem.

I know I have eaten MSG for years and started avoiding it lately only because of the slight gut ache and sleepy feeling that I get from it. However I don't think that I am obese or addicted to anything that has it.

I have the odd Tim Hortons Coffee but never feel the urge to rush back for another one. I like Starbucks as well but enjoy my own the most. This leads me to believe that it's the caffeine I'm addicted to, since I grind my own beans.

Many people believe that Cell Phones can cause brain tumors too but I have been using a handheld phone a lot for 22 years and I swear my brain is getting smaller not bigger.

I've heard that speed kills but I was on a long empty straightaway once this summer. I cranked the throttle on the Venture and held it there until the speedo ran out of screen. The RPMs were still climbing but I proved that I could live through it.

I'm sure we could all come with more than a few of these.

I've been taught that I should appreciate the things I enjoy, avoid the things I don't and never live in fear. Oh, and have a little fun any chance I get.

Now if only the sun will come out for a few hours on Sunday so the Venture can have a little fun too. :detective:

I think its like almost anything in life, if you do things in moderation you lessen your chances of something being able to hurt your health. Bacon and french fries are probably just as bad for you as MSG but i only eat them once in a while.

Its kinda like the diet cola thing years ago when they had a rat drink the sweetner equivalent of 48 cans of diet cola a day it got tumours or something........go figure!!!!!!!

I think if you overdo anything it can catch up with you, ....and almost any food catches up with me....lol!

Brian

A few years ago it was common to see restaurants with signs saying "No MSG" ... especially Chinese food places ... wasn't that because it was deemed "unhealthy" or something like that?

Interesting subject...warrants some investigation at least.

A Chinese buddy of mine told me that these Chinese food restaurants don't use MSG anymore, they now use "Wonder Powder". Hmmm...there's always a way around it.:confused24:

My experiences with Tim Horton's here in New England have been at best terrible. Overpriced lousy food, foul tasting coffee, and service which indicates they do not like to see bikers in their establishments.

Boomer.....who has no use for their ugly Waitresses as well.:whistling:

MY thoughts ----exactly!!!!!!!---------------7-11 much better coffee!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2::clap2: