The exhaust could be done by a good pipe bender without much trouble.

My thoughts on the exhaust too. Heck if OCC can do it?? The shift linkage would be the biggest problem if you wanted to retain the peg configuration. With the linkage shaft coming out of the middle gear cover on the 2... at least that's the way it looks in the repair manual....maybe I'm wrong??.... instead of out of the stator on the 1... I'm guessing here, but it looks like the 2 is a direct drive to the tranny shaft and they did away with all that internal linkage???

Jack, you could simply change the Shift Shaft between both Engines and have the 1Gen Shift Shaft an a 2Gen Motor where you'll need it. Vmax Shift Shaft also comes out through the middle Drive Gear Cover.

The Heads won't interchange and that's a good Thing because you could mount Vmax Heads instead of those whimpy 2Gen Heads and have better Breathing than ever.

I'm not sure if you'd like the 2Gen Tranny, i'd keep the 1Gen Trans Ratios for the Sake of proper Performance on such a Beast.

Jack, you could simply change the Shift Shaft between both Engines and have the 1Gen Shift Shaft an a 2Gen Motor where you'll need it. Vmax Shift Shaft also comes out through the middle Drive Gear Cover.

The shift shaft on the 1st's comes out thru the stator cover Squeeze, and from the pics and diagrams of the 2nd it looks like it comes out thru the base of the middle gear cover. I don't think it's a direct swap of the linkage.???

The shift shaft on the 1st's comes out thru the stator cover Squeeze, and from the pics and diagrams of the 2nd it looks like it comes out thru the base of the middle gear cover. I don't think it's a direct swap of the linkage.???

Shift Shaft doesn't mean Linkage.

1Gen have a short Shift Shaft and the Linkage connects underneath the Clutch Slave. The Shift Shaft doesn't stick out of the Middle Drive Gear Cover. But it would, if the Shaft would be longer. This external Linkage uses the Stator Cover as an Pivot Point.

Vmax and 2Gen have longer Shift Shafts which stick out through the Middle Drive Gear Cover and connect the Shifter through "outside Lingages".