IGNORED

Another axe has fallen

Hazenson

Well I got the word, and Im laid off. Company says their gonna try again in the spring but then they never asked the supervisors for our phones and credit cards before. Rumers are that there closing the doors for good and lots of things are looking like that could be true. So wife and I are putting up the HOUSE For SALE sign and were looking south for work. Looking around Tenn, N or S carolina and W.V. I am a excavating supervisor and also have a Michigan builder's liacense that I plan to switch over to which ever state we move too. Wife still working at a local t.v. station and thank goodness we still have insurance but things look rough there too. I dont expect to start with a new company as a super or even close and willing to take anything decent. Anyone have any leads that may help , they sure would be appreciated. Asking for prayers too, to be honest im scared silly, been in this house for 22 years and raised our family here. I just cant imagine leaving it and moving away but ive been trying to get myself comfortable with the idea for the past few months. Thank you in advance

I'm sorry to hear of your circumstances and sincerely hope that all works out well for you as you move forward. On the bright side, you'll get to write a new Chapter in your Book of Life, which could prove to be both interesting and exciting. Janis and I sincerely wish you the very best...

TERRY

My daughter's friend Father was a supervisor in construction in Genesee County and 2 years ago the company he worked for closed up. He looked on the internet and within a week had 15 job offers in 5 States. He chose S.Carolina and moved. He thought he was starting at a entry level but when he got there they made him foreman and within a month was a supervisor. Not sure just what he does for them now but it's all in a office now. Says moving is the best thing he has ever done. No more worry about if he will be working the next day and how to pay the bills. Says family happerier then they have been in many years.

He had to do like most have to, go down and buy a house and just leave this one. He felt bad about it but had no choise.

Good Luck to you.

Hazen,

So sorry to hear of it my friend, but it doesn't surprise me. God will open the door and you folks will be better for it. I'll keep my ears open and say a prayer for you folks. Be safe and know that things are happening for a reason.

Edited by Squidley

Sorry to hear about the layoff Hazen. It sucks being out of work. I'm going on 7 months. I have a couple leads but nothing confirmed yet. Luckily we haven't had to sell the house yet but that just a matter of time of nothing breaks. I've been hitting that 'over qualified' wall for months. It will all work out. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Good luck! My son has been laid off since last december, fortunately, he was able to move in with us. He probably won't be able to get back to his job until next summer. Luckily he was able to find work at the Safeway store to get him by until he gets back on with the railroad.

I'm not at all, repeat, not at all, trying to be-little your situation or others like yourself. It's got to be tough,, and not very pleasant. Now you start to think and worry about where are you going to find things to eat, where to sleep, can you buy new clothes etc etc. Your not even worried about whether you'll be able to keep your scoot, or extra car etc, now the important things are first,,,, yep, been there, and done that. But as I started out with saying, I'll not be-little your situation,, but,,,,when I think about our times, my memory goes back to my Dad and Mom and so many others who have done the same,,,,,, it's not a vacation trip, but it will be done.

Back in 30's Dad bought a piece of land and started a duck farm to sell duck eggs. The war started and he ended up selling his first flock of ducks for less than half of what he paid for them, then lived through the war, and then decided in 1950 to move with Mom and 5 kids to Canada of all places. No work promised, just a land of 'opportunity' It was rough for them, new language and all, but I sure appreciate them doing it, I sure like it here,,,, Hollands ok I guess, never been back, I'll stay here,,, for now.

There is a future for all of us, and we will live,,, it's just down right rotten, tough, to have to go through this mess.

I sure feel for all you folks and wish you the best.

As Squid said, God has a plan, and if you ask Him he will lead you and stay beside you. His Son told us to look at the lilies of the field, they neither reap or sow but look how beautiful they are, and if the Father looks after them so well, how much more will He look after you.

Carl