IGNORED

2010 International Rally Committee

Leadwolf56

Hey all,

Just to let everyone know who's planning the 2010 International Rally at Potato Creek.

Leadwolf56, 93 Venture, Bummer, Freezyrider and Squidley. I will call on some others for help when needed. I also have offers of help from several people with rally experience.

Our goal is to give everyone an enjoyable and memorable experience. We have a poll up to help us set a date. As soon as we have the date we'll get information out concerning camping, hotels, etc. We'll also get a registration page setup and get it on the calendar.

I hope a lot of you can make it, it should be a very good time.

Thank you to Freebird for the opportunity.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2972.htm

Why does this have to be on MON-TUES-WED? I read in another thread where someone suggested a weekend, just wondering..

Thx...

The Mon thru Wed is so folks have a few days to get there and a few days to get home. They would only have to take a weeks vacation and not have to push their ride in either direction. Not that it was initially in the equasion, but lodging is cheaper during the week days.

I can see why some would rather have it on a weekend. It would enable those who are closer to possibly make it without using any vacation time. On the other hand, it would mean that those who are further away would have to at least split some vacation time over the week before and the week after due to travel days.

I was a bit surprised to see Mon-Wed though. I think we have normally done them on Tue-Th. Don't know that it really matters.

The Mon thru Wed is so folks have a few days to get there and a few days to get home. They would only have to take a weeks vacation and not have to push their ride in either direction. Not that it was initially in the equasion, but lodging is cheaper during the week days.

yeppers, that works best. if you are figuring on doing the rally take a weeks vacation and you will have time to relax and wind down when you get home. hey brad, you finally found some one to let you on a committee. :clap2:

:clap2::rotf::rasberry:. love ya buddy. :2133:

Folks...I was just looking again at the park site and the thing about cabins must be reserved for a week during the summer is a real concern to me. I hope that you guys check on this soon and then we can talk about it again. To some, this will probably be a deal breaker. It also said that during other times, you must combine a Friday and Saturday night.

If it does come down to the cabins are for a week, we'll deal with the dates accordingly. The poll reflects individual time periods as far as I'm concerned, not just specific dates. We can be flexible with all of this and iron out wrinkles as they need be. Remember this is the sites rally, not just the planners, if you have an idea or suggestion dont be afraid to toss it out.

Folks...I was just looking again at the park site and the thing about cabins must be reserved for a week during the summer is a real concern to me. I hope that you guys check on this soon and then we can talk about it again. To some, this will probably be a deal breaker. It also said that during other times, you must combine a Friday and Saturday night.

Ok, I just got off the phone with someone at Potato Creek. They verified that during the summer months the cabins are rented for a week Saturday to Saturday. She couldn't tell me if there could be any exceptions to this rule for a large group like we should have. I have an email into the Indianapolis office about that. I'll let you know as soon as I get the response. The whole week thing seems to be something relatively new. I wasn't aware of that until yesterday, used to be day to day like a campsite.

Ok, I just got off the phone with someone at Potato Creek. They verified that during the summer months the cabins are rented for a week Saturday to Saturday. She couldn't tell me if there could be any exceptions to this rule for a large group like we should have. I have an email into the Indianapolis office about that. I'll let you know as soon as I get the response. The whole week thing seems to be something relatively new. I wasn't aware of that until yesterday, used to be day to day like a campsite.
if there are nearby motels that would be fine with me. at vogel there weren't that many cabins. alot of us stayed at one motel. and met at the park everyday. we wil find the party where ever it is. one thing i ain't is picky. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2:

if there are nearby motels that would be fine with me. at vogel there weren't that many cabins. alot of us stayed at one motel. and met at the park everyday. we wil find the party where ever it is. one thing i ain't is picky. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2:

That wouldn't be a problem. There are plenty of hotels close by. We could still headquarter the meet at the park. Those that tent camp or have campers wouldn't have any problem. Seems the only problem revolves around the cabins. Although, if they have a cancellation or a cabin hasn't rented for the week within a certain time frame of the date they will rent it to you for a 2 day minimum. So it may work out anyway.

Sure glad you ain't picky.

Well, thank goodness!!! If ya was you'd lose an awful lot of friends :sign20::sign just kidding:

My solicitor (for accident) thinks negotiations will commence about Feb/March next year. So if it settled in time we would certainly ship the bike and come - a - partyin':sign woo hoo:

Now that would be sweet!

:thumbsup2: We have had Maddog here from down under, Freebird was the only one that got to meet him though :(

Hey Kevin, I can always go downtown to "talk" with someone if need be. Guy that lives across the street from me runs the state owned hotels in the parks system. Might be made an ally, I can talk with him this weekend if you want.

(Even tho nobody asked me to join, I guess I ain't good enuff for ya'll:o)