IGNORED

New Member Questions

Whitlow

Raising the rear of the bike changes the rake and trail, and it GREATLY improves slow speed handling, making the bike feel much lighter at parking lot speeds. The DiamondR Leveling Links raise the rear exactly 1" (less at the saddle).

Lowering the rear makes it handle worse.

Goose

The RSV is a bike you have to learn, it is different from the vtx completely I have owned both, when I bought the first RSV a 99, after about 2 days I thought I had made a bad decision, but after about 1000 miles, I realized the was the most comfortable machine I have owned.

The 2004 have have now is my third, I put the riser blocks on all three, put the leveling links on the 2000 and took them right back off, made the bike handle terrible to me. Put backrest on all three, great improvement. Have avon cobra radial on frount, kumho radial tire on back, greatest improvement of all.

To answer your price question, I paid 9500 for my 04 with 8800 miles on it.

I think the price is good, don't think you will find one with those miles any cheaper.

Gregg

i agree with what has been said. what are you waiting for!

to add my own experience - i am 5'6" and the bike had the lowered level links in at purchase time, of which i was happy about with my 28" inseam. the bike is very comfortable for my wife & I. the whine &chirp is the only thing that should give you any reservations. our RSV has no whine or chirp. it just has a nice rumble. running up into the RPM's is great

however, give the guy some slack. he is unemployed & could use the budget cut to buy groceries. been there done that.

UPDATE.......

Well I have talked again with the guy that owns the bike he is a pastor in a church and he bought this to help out someone that had lost there job. He has a older Goldwing with like 98000 miles and was thinking about keeping the Yamaha. But after ridding it he says he liked it but his wife like the GW better and he has gotten so use to it he want to sell or trade the old GW for a new one. He told me I could get the Yamaha short windshield and the Sampson Fishtail mufflers for an extra $250.00 if I wanted them. he told me he took them off and put the stock stuff on when he got it because he did not like the extra sound. After being use to the GW. The rear tire is a Chinko I'm not sure if that is how to spell it or not. Anyhow he is holding it for me I'm going on Tuesday for a test ride with money in hand. If anyone else out there has any comments or things I should check or look for please reply. With 13700 miles what will be the next service I should do and is there a link to service info or recalls for the bike?

Thanks Everyone!

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone say anything about the whine. For what its worth, I would test ride it for atleast and hour if possible. From what I've read on this site, majority of the time it is not fixable. I like my 06, but I can't ride it without earplugs for that same reason and for that reason I won't buy another one.

I also have read about the Yamaha WHINE!!!! I do not want a bike that makes so much noise that I can not enjoy it! That is why I'm looking for a nice touring bike with a radio and intercom to hear them and not the dreaded WHINE. Can it really be that bad???????? I will know on Tuesday. Thanks for your comment!