IGNORED

(step)son down

barend

My oldest (stepson) went down Saturday and walked away with nary a scratch!! No gloves, no helmet, no armour, the foot brake lever and highway peg are bent, thee are minor scratches on the air filter cover and exhaust and he's got road rash on the front fork and rear fender. Oh and he needs a new tank on his HD. Sean says last he saw he was doing 50, I saw the "turn", I'm thinking more like 80; apparently his front wheel jumped the curb but the rear did not followhe left the bike and landed in a freshly mulched shrub bed. Still lucky he didn't hit one of the many river rocks or trees there. I'm gratefull he's OK, as far as the underlying cause: lets call it operator error; he was ticked, he had been drinking and he was going somewhere he did not want to go (lets leave it at that)

Ditto that he's alright. Here is the lesson to be learned if he didn't from this episode. My buddy drove his RSV drunk. Ended up with broken hip, back, ribs and ruptured kidney. 3 months in the hospital, 6 months of rehab and no bike to ride. Plus a DUI, court appearances and fees. This happened 2 years ago.

Glad he is okay. Hope he learned from this and Curious how old is he ?

Brad

He's thirty yrs old Brad. Will he start wearing a helmet now? Not likely, unless they mandate helmets for all riders in state, something about rather being dead then a vegetable. It did scare the daylights out of him, but as far as drinking and riding I' think he'll think trice. And his brother can only marry a barwh*r* once (I hope)

I'm sorry to hear of this very close call with misfortune, Barend! Anger, alcohol, and motors can't possibly mix well, in any combination. It's one thing to make your own choices about what you do, but it's another thing entirely to consider the outcome and consequences, especially as that might relate to those who love and care about you. Has his dear, sweet mother gotten around to kicking his **s yet?

:buttkick:

TERRY

I am glad there is a good ending to the story this time. Might have been a good warning to him to start wearing a helmet.

Our son in law will not wear a helmet. He insisted our daughter wears one, and both Ron and I wear ours. He is 32

and really stubborn about it. Wants to look cool he says. I am concerned.

Yama Mama

I am glad there is a good ending to the story this time. Might have been a good warning to him to start wearing a helmet.

Our son in law will not wear a helmet. He insisted our daughter wears one, and both Ron and I wear ours. He is 32

and really stubborn about it. Wants to look cool he says. I am concerned.

Yama Mama

You should be concerned ...

about the Choice of your Daughter ? :fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo