IGNORED

Time to sell it

Russ

Yup, i'm selling my 1986 Venture Royale. it's up in the classifieds. I'm sick of working on it. I don't have the time or the mechanical knowledge required to hunt down the demons. I just pray someone from here gives it a good home so I can then go get another 1st Gen that isn't going to require as much work. Maybe then I'll be able to make it to more than one meet & Eat every three years. :happy34:

Yup, i'm selling my 1986 Venture Royale. it's up in the classifieds. I'm sick of working on it. I don't have the time or the mechanical knowledge required to hunt down the demons. I just pray someone from here gives it a good home so I can then go get another 1st Gen that isn't going to require as much work. Maybe then I'll be able to make it to more than one meet & Eat every three years. :happy34:

am a psychic rookie, and would like to make a prediction pertaining to your future...

YOU WILL NEVER BE A SALESMAN...

how did i do? :confused07:

do let me know if my prediction ever turns out to be wrong. maybe i am not cut out to be a PSYCHIC... either. :innocent:

I've thought about a 2nd gen, but I think i'm still a few years away from one. I hear that with your AARP card you get a discount at the dealer. :stirthepot:

I don't mind not getting that AARP discount.....I'm years away from being in the "Old Coot On a Scoot " category........:crackup:

Boomer......who's years away from being a "young whippersnapper" as well.:innocent:

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear about chasing gremlins on your 86. Bikes are like anything else once in awhile you get ahold of a lemon. My 86 so far has been worry free other than a few quirks. Nothing bad enough to stop me from riding. My ride stoppers have been more the family type. Hope your next endeavor turns out ridable at anytime for you. Good Luck.

Stay away form those 2nd gen barcolounger things. Their Yamahas attempt to de- sensitize your senses.:stirthepot::rotfl::D

Probelm with it is Russ doesn't have the time or expertise to get the gremlins gone. I know his bike could be a good runner, it has just sat for a lot of it's life. It really isn't a bad machine, just needs a little TLC. I actually told him to post the issues he was having with it and be upfront so someone knows what they are getting. Nothing like the surprises that happen when you buy a used bike....yep I know what I'm talking about there

:whistling:

Yup, just gave "Curlie" someone to keep her company this winter. Pics coming on a new thread.

Whats wrong with the bike? PM me and let me know. Be glad to straighten it out this winter for ya. Sometimes it's better to fix whats wrong with what you have instead of starting over again.

Dan

i haven't been checking for locations, but there may be a maintenance day that he could bring the bike to & if early enough, get things straightened out. could tie someone up all day, but as said, it is better than starting over.

I did that with him about 2 years ago, drove to his place and spent the weekend there to fix some issues. Unfortunately we both had been too busy as of lately and now I'm here in Texas. The bike just needs a bit of time put into it, but I totally understand his frustration.

Hey Russ, I live in Washington, and have a Gen I. I am taking it to a guy near Delevan that is a good mechanic with decent prices. If you are interested in giving this guy a try to get your bike going, it might be less cost that selling and buying something else that may need its own set of repairs. At least you have an idea of where you are with your current bike.

give me a PM if interested in contacting this mechanic.