IGNORED

more grief from my ex

ronhenry4

Not sure if you are still active duty or a reservist, but I would go to the JAG's office and talk with them. They can possibly help or atleast provide you some guidance in handling this as I am sure this has unfortunately happened to others in your situation. Legally, is the best way to ensure your protection.

Good advice. Then you would know what you can do not what you want to do.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with roadkill time to kick her to the curb and move on. As far as the money goes I am afraid you will never see it and if you do what you do get won't be worth the hassle you have to endure to get it . I f children are involved it really makes this an extremely difficult situation (because you will have to deal with her):95:. But look on the bright side you have a lovely understanding woman now. GOOD LUCK:hurts:

Send her to the pokey. File a lien against any and all property, cars, bank accounts she has. Liens can be filed without a lawyer.

If you choose not to send her to jail, file the liens and look into garnishing wages (if she works).

Not to be the fly in the ointment, but I will guess you probably have a 50/50 chance of getting your $$ from her.

I would be more concerned with clearing your name with the IRS and saving your credit. You may even consider accepting less than the $14k just to get rid of her.

Don't let her get away with ruining your name.

Good luck.

I hate to admit it, but I am one of those lawyers, just not licensed in OH. I'm assuming that you didn't have a lawyer during the initial proceedings. I'm also assuming that the amended returns were inaccurate. If you haven't already done so, you need to contact the irs to inform them of the incorrect returns and prepare your own amended returns. They have an internal investigation system that deals with these sorts of problems that arise quite frequently from domestic relations cases. Usually it stems from who gets to claim a child. It may not be an issue of a jailable offense depending on how the returns are inaccurate, but you will definitely want to let them know of the descrepancy. If you wait, it could be construed that you acquiesce to the forgery and you could be on the hook as well.

Like everyone else said, though, you need to speak with a local attorney who practices family law.

i did and do have an attorny from the start. here is the thing when she was ordered by the court to have these taxes amended (by a pro) she drug me to the office and half way through she told me she couldnt pay for it and i refused to do so. in turn she trie to do them herself signed my name to them and fed-ex'd them to the irs because this was suposed to be done prior to us meeting in court aagin. so now i have gone to H&R block to get the returns they did for us and was told now that she filled those these are going to confuse the system.. uggg

Immediately send a Registered letter to the IRS - or hand deliver to a local office and get a receipt - stating the facts of the case. Have your lawyer write a letter to the court - copying your ex - demanding a copy of the filed tax forms and all of her tax information (W2's, deduction claims, etc.). Take this information along with your tax info to a professional preparer and pay to have a correction done. Supply your ex with a copy of the corrected taxes and have them signed by her (don't sign it until she does).

If there are additional taxes owed (or a reduction in the already sent refund) due to errors - well this can be sticky. You are both liable for this. However, if there was a refund, it may have come with both your names on the check. If so, she would have also had to forge your name on the check. That is a BIG no-no.

Send the additional fee you incurred due to her ignoring the judges orders (including the additional lawyer's fee) and have that added to court ordered payment owed to you. You may not get it, but at least the IRS should be off your back.

Don't know how long it has been, and you have probably already done this - cancel any credit cards and/or bank accounts that were at one time in both your names. Set up new accounts.

Oh, and if you kept the house, change your locks.

BTDT. Good luck. The only winners in a divorce are the lawyers. You just have to keep from loosing too badly.

RR

There is a lot of good advice in the above posts.

I was just trying to be a nice, decent guy when my first marrriage ended. And I have been regretting it ever since - if it hasn't been one thing, it has been another. I gave her the house and everything in it (rather than have her buy me out), paid spousal support for much longer than I normally would have, etc. Eventually, she failed to convert the mortgage into her name per the timing set out in the separation agreement, and when the spousal support ended, just stopped paying the mortgage (still in my name). Then, she moved and abandoned the house ! Years of lawyers, & associated bills, the house is finally sold (last month) and I am no longer financially tied to her whatsoever (aside from child support which I would never begrudge). But I would estimate I have had to pay an additional $25,000 over and above what was originally agreed upon in a signed legal separation agreement.

Stand now, or you'll really regret it.

By the way, I am happily remarried now to a wonderful woman with 2 more charming little girls. Things do work out.

PS: you know why divorce is so expensive ? Because it is WORTH IT...

:banana:

Edited by CdnDave77
fixed a typo... "remarred" should have been "remarried". Funny, but not what I was going for...

From experience I can tell you the following:

This is not the woman you married, the one who you would give your life for, your princess, your soulmate, your everything, this is the ***** that would rip your balls off, chew them and spit them in your face laughing manically the entire time and then claim to be a victim. Get that through your head or you will lose in the end.

Bitter?, not me! Wiser?, you bet!

Wow! I had one of them! I've been divorced for 17 year now and she still pulls stuff that is absolutely nuts. At the divorce I was awarded full custody of our daughter, then only 11 months old. I've had full custody ever since. At the time of final settlement all the financials were split in a decent manner, in my eyes anyway it seemed fair. She paid her part of the debts and I paid mine. Right after the divorce I started getting bills and phone calls from credit card companies and businesses about unpaid bills. I then found out she had 23 credit cards I didn't know about and she never listed them on the settlements. Over $26,000 on the cards and she never made a purchase, just cash transactions. Best part was I was shown to be the second party on the cards and I had never seen or signed anything as such. I had my lawyer take care of that. But she continued to open new accounts and they were signed with my name long after the divorce, even up to 3 years ago.

The best one that I received a call two years ago from my bank wanting to know when I was going to come in and sign the papers to transfer my savings into my "new" business account. I said I'd be right there. The officer was confused as I was not the guy that he had met with earlier in the week. She had gone in and had some guy with her claiming to be me and attempted to move all my funds to another account. Nice try. Still fraud charges involved today.

And she had her shot at the IRS to. She filed her taxes as the custodial parent and was getting a pretty nice refund. It took two years to clean that up and she wasn't happy when the IRS withheld her refunds for two years and I ended up with the money from that.

So with that said.........DEAL WITH HER NOW!!! If she has put herself in a position where she doing a criminal act.....take her out with the law on your side.

A little jail time will do her good. Or at least prove that you are willing to make a point with a sharp stick. No mercy.....no prisoners.

I think some miss the point. If you are like me putting the ex in the slammer is not as easy as they think. You loved her once and it is hard to do the right thing. Been there done that. Try to forget the past and stay in the present. Do not feel bad for making a decison that is good for you bad for her. You kept your end of the bargen she did not. Do what ever it takes to move on. Best of luck Rod

It seems to me that your ex is out to take away any possible happiness you could find. She doesn't care what happens to you and evidently doesn't think anything is going to happen to her. You need to do what's best for you, for your own sanity and happiness. You seem to have gotten lucky on the new lady in your life, might want to end the ex's game soon. Good luck I can't imagine what it's like to have someone who professed to love you do things like this.

I've also noticed I seem to be the only one of the gals that's posted on this.

Maybe some cycle therapy to clear your head and figure out what to do. Let us all know what you decide, we do care.

Margaret

Guest scarylarry

I'm a newbie here..

You can make the whole world made at you doesn't matter....

Don't P.O. the IRS they don't play nor do they care..

I have been trying for five frikken years to get them to put my ex away. She owes me over $30,000 in child support and has paid about $250 over the past five years. Then she expects me to transport the kids for visitation, and use my money for gas. Every time I lay eyes on her, she is asking me for money. For a while she was telling places she runs up bills with that she lives at my current residence, so I was getting collection calls for her. After a long drawn out conversation with one of the guys, I told him to send me her info if he finds her, cause I have first lien status from child support, and they quit calling.

It all started because she knowingly left my kids with a child molesting bastard while she went out cheating on me. Somehow that was all my fault. Since she lied to the judge saying that I forced her to take my kids to that jackass, I have done everything I can to make her life hell.

It gets to be satisfying seeing her squirm after while. :stirthepot:

Again i want to thank everyone for there input and opions and advice. I do have a laywer and he has been working very hard for me for the last 1 1/2 years. i have come to the conclusion with some influence from all of you my friens and family that it is time to let the nice guy have a rest and be that guy who looks beyond my own personal opion and let her be served with justice as of now i will not step up for her allow anymore time for this and that and if i have to wait more time to collect the funds from her so be it. I have been in contact with the IRS and there not happy i have talked with a technision who is on my side with this and has offered to suspend the interest and penalty's for 90 days untill the correct paper work can be submitted. again i want to thank you all for all the great advice and kind words and suport i have truly found a great exstention of my family here and hope one day i will have the words for any of you who need words of wisdom. Ron AKA "grasshopper"

Thats' right!

You put all that positive energy into your new Lady.

Don't worry...your ex will get what she has coming. One way or another...Life is funny like that.

Don't let her drag you down...you have more important things going on in your life.

Be Strong. Think this :rasberry:

Just a quick thought here...

H&R is NOT the folks I'd go to see in such a sticky and tough situation. I would NOT even consider it.

The ONLY way for this to be handled is through a CPA!!!

And hire a good one too. Now, if you say "I can't afford a good CPA"...I'm gonna tell you... a.) a good CPA will pay his own wages...(meaning that he'll save you more than enough Over & Above whatever he gets paid), and b.) You CANNOT afford NOT to!!!

I really hope this all comes out OK for you in the end. You (unfortunately) have to carry the ball on this one, and have to make sure all the t's are crossed...etc. Listen to the advice from those who have learned the hard way...

a good lawer and a good CPA are worth their weight in GOLD!

All the best to you!

It seems to me that your ex is out to take away any possible happiness you could find. She doesn't care what happens to you and evidently doesn't think anything is going to happen to her. You need to do what's best for you, for your own sanity and happiness. You seem to have gotten lucky on the new lady in your life, might want to end the ex's game soon. Good luck I can't imagine what it's like to have someone who professed to love you do things like this.

I've also noticed I seem to be the only one of the gals that's posted on this.

Maybe some cycle therapy to clear your head and figure out what to do. Let us all know what you decide, we do care.

Margaret

Ditto on the above. All the best to you and your lady:happy34: Do what's right for you, clearing the mess with IRS is the most important (I think) or it will keep bitin' ya for years!!