IGNORED

Why is it....

Squidley

It's time for us to have another chat here.

Freebird not 2 weeks ago came on and mentioned about threads going south. Today I have closed 2 threads down due to folks coming on and taking them south. There are a couple of rules here, and for the most part, the greater majority of the membership have no problems following them. Political post are never good, they always go south as all of us have strong beliefs, I do too, way heavy (on the edge of being radical) than most of you know, but I dont express them here.

We hear of tragedies and that sparks emotions in us, we then say our peace, usually before we take a chance to calm down and think about the consequesnces. It's understandable, but we are grown men and women, many over 40. Some like to fuel the fires and stir the pot, this is not acceptable.

THINK before you post up something that MAY be misconstrewed. I know that most start out innocently as information, but they spiral quickley out of control and create hard feelings and get dander up. I am not here to preach to any of you, I am no better than anyone else on this site, but I will come on and give some of us a jerk and let folks know that the moderators wont tolerate this.

For some reason this summer seems to be one of the worst for these kinds of threads that are usually kept for winter time when many of us can't ride. PLEASE think about what you post and the reprocussions that can happen by passing on info that stirs up emotions.

Lets keep this in mind when we post and we wont have to seem heavy handed by closing or deleting threads. Thank you to all the members that contribute to this site. This place is enjoyable to come to because we try very hard to keep it light and enjoyable. I can speak for myself and the moderators in saying that you folks are very easy to work with. We dont have a lot of issues with the members....so THANK YOU

:)

Maybe when someone post and states for information only it could be closed imediatley so no one could post but not deleted so we can get the information, otherwise if posting is allowed and it goes south then it would need deleting.

Thanks for speaking up Squidley. Politics is the only irritating issue I've had with this site. I was reading the jokes today and having a good time till I was ambushed by an item that must of temporarily sneaked past the moderators. I was tempted to respond but why just perpetuate the irritation. I assume that there are plenty of sites on the world wide web we can find that have views similar to our own where we can let relax and make fun of the opposition with like minded people. Just not here.

I like folks who like Ventures. I bought mine right at four years ago as a midlife crisis present to myself. I didn't know much then about riding, safety or maintainence and without the advice I have gotten from all the members here, I would probably not be riding now. I love riding. I have made more improvements both to the bike itself and my riding skill than I could possibly list. I have made friends with so many people from so many walks of life all of whom also love riding whatever the brand of bike.

As for politics on this site, Just Say No!

Iowa Guy

A "quote from above"

I was reading the jokes today and having a good time till I was ambushed by an item that must of temporarily sneaked past the moderators.

ANYTIME, ANYONE feels a thread needs to be reviewed by a moderator please dont hesitate to send us a P-Email requesting one of us to look at it..!!!

We ca not read ever post as soon as it is posted...but we do try ......

To help, you can copy and past the link in you remail to make it easier for us and get a faster responce....

A "quote from above"

I was reading the jokes today and having a good time till I was ambushed by an item that must of temporarily sneaked past the moderators.

ANYTIME, ANYONE feels a thread needs to be reviewed by a moderator please dont hesitate to send us a P-Email requesting one of us to look at it..!!!

We ca not read ever post as soon as it is posted...but we do try ......

To help, you can copy and past the link in you remail to make it easier for us and get a faster responce....

Thanks for the direction. Glad to send you stuff.

Iowa Guy

My suggestion is place a Banner on Post Reply page ( beside POST REPLY) Bold colourful so the eye catches it first stating No Polictical Views.

I would hate to see us have to become that heavy handed, we try very hard as moderators to let freedom of speech play out. Sometimes we just need to bump the forum in the right direction.

I will say that being a moderator isn't a popularity contest, for the most part we have nothing to watch over as the membership moderates itself very well. Sometimes we just get off track a bit. I hate having to say anything, but there are times when it's necessary.

As always, and as Eck has mentioned, if you see a thread heading south PM us and let us know. I can't read all the posts anymore and sometimes I miss something. I can honestly say that all of the mods and admin appreciate all the folks we have here. By and far you folks dont cause us any real headaches....Thank you

As always, and as Eck has mentioned, if you see a thread heading south PM us and let us know. I can't read all the posts anymore and sometimes I miss something. I can honestly say that all of the mods and admin appreciate all the folks we have here. By and far you folks dont cause us any real headaches....Thank you

I'm curious. What does the "bang" report.gif at the top of each post do? I would have thought it would send out a PM to the appropriate moderators? Or do we need to track down the moderators to send them some individual note?

Dave

I'm curious. What does the "bang" report.gif at the top of each post do? I would have thought it would send out a PM to the appropriate moderators? Or do we need to track down the moderators to send them some individual note?

Dave

That is to report a post Dave, so yes use that should you need to get ahold of us or PM us directly

Edited by Squidley

Guest Ken8143

That is to report a post Dave, so yes use that should you need to get ahold of us or PM us directly

Cool - I hadn't noticed it. And thanks for the good words, Squidly. You guys do a great job with this site. There is another MC site, not the other Venture one, but it is predominantly nasty and offensive - I have no stomach for that at all.

I'd just like to say "Thank You" to the moderators for helping keep this a Great Site. I've only be a Venture man since June, but this is an OUTSTANDING site and one I'm Very proud to belong to. Surely with all the nonsense going on in the world there's "someplace" else where folks can argue politics (or whatever else they want to argue about) leaving this site for Motorcycles!

Thanks Again!!:sun:

Guest Swifty

It's time for us to have another chat here.

Freebird not 2 weeks ago came on and mentioned about threads going south. Today I have closed 2 threads down due to folks coming on and taking them south.

In scope of things I think closing down 2 threads in a day is a pitance given the number of postings and the diversity of the crowd herein. I say to the moderators...chillax, just close down the threads and quit having these chats. Those who've had their threads closed get the message; if they don't, there's still no harm done because others don't know what was in the threads, and in the worst case you've only slighted the poster. Additionally, without these chats others won't be looking for and thinking we have heavy handed moderators.

PS, I love going south...ya'll hear everyone speak using singlar verbs attached to plural nouns, ya'll hear verbs that aren't even in the English dictionary, AND you hear people profess that man has not landed on the moon...right, Eck?..."going south" is ALWAYS a great "trip" for me.:hihi:

[/center]

In scope of things I think closing down 2 threads in a day is a pitance given the number of postings and the diversity of the crowd herein. I say to the moderators...chillax, just close down the threads and quit having these chats. Those who've had their threads closed get the message; if they don't, there's still no harm done because others don't know what was in the threads, and in the worst case you've only slighted the poster. Additionally, without these chats others won't be looking for and thinking we have heavy handed moderators.

PS, I love going south...ya'll hear everyone speak using singlar verbs attached to plural nouns, ya'll hear verbs that aren't even in the English dictionary, AND you hear people profess that man has not landed on the moon...right, Eck?..."going south" is ALWAYS a great "trip" for me.:hihi:

I'll not reply to that because it is your Birthday.

[/center]

PS, I love going south...ya'll hear everyone speak using singlar verbs attached to plural nouns, ya'll hear verbs that aren't even in the English dictionary, AND you hear people profess that man has not landed on the moon...right, Eck?..."going south" is ALWAYS a great "trip" for me.

:hihi:

Glad we'uns cud pervide you'all wid an edumacation in de finer tings in lif der Swifty!

Vern :Avatars_Gee_George:

Guest Swifty
Swifty

Course we ain't gonna use words in that there English dictionary, we don't speak furriner talk down here in the south.

Glad we'uns cud pervide you'all wid an edumacation in de finer tings in lif der Swifty!

Vern :Avatars_Gee_George:

:sign06::happy34:

awhh, YOU IS all so funny,:crackup::rotf: but you guys could do better than that...I could read those lines. Whereas at one Motel6 in Mississippi, my turn to pay, I had to use Mr. Lowell "wildhair" Pryor as my official interpreter to understand the desk clerk!!! :confused07: Man, tower of Babel deja vu or what. :doh: Are they just doing it on purpose because they lost the war and want to feel like a different country than the rest of ya'll?! What I can't figure out is all the right-wing patriots down there (and a few posting herein) who shout for immigrants to learn to speak English; well I'm sure this desk clerk was born and raised 100% American!...what gives with that?! AND if, as they say, kids are being raised on TV these days, I turn on the TV down there and all channels still sound like me...so what gives with that?! I'm dying to walk into a grade school classroom to hear what the teacher sounds like.

:rolleyes:

It's the best entertainment on the road, 4 years in a row, and I'll keep heading south for more every summer.

:happy65:

NOW back on topic...or was going south the topic?

Thanks Squidley.:thumbsup:

There is really no reason to make things "go south' over a news item. If a person has that much anger in them, please get some help for it. I have found everyone on this site to be loving, caring people and there is really not a legitimate reason to upset anyone...

Just my modest, unsolicited opinion.

:sign06::happy34:

awhh, YOU IS all so funny,:crackup::rotf: but you guys could do better than that...I could read those lines. Whereas at one Motel6 in Mississippi, my turn to pay, I had to use Mr. Lowell "wildhair" Pryor as my official interpreter to understand the desk clerk!!! :confused07: Man, tower of Babel deja vu or what. :doh: Are they just doing it on purpose because they lost the war and want to feel like a different country than the rest of ya'll?! What I can't figure out is all the right-wing patriots down there (and a few posting herein) who shout for immigrants to learn to speak English; well I'm sure this desk clerk was born and raised 100% American!...what gives with that?! AND if, as they say, kids are being raised on TV these days, I turn on the TV down there and all channels still sound like me...so what gives with that?! I'm dying to walk into a grade school classroom to hear what the teacher sounds like.

:rolleyes:

It's the best entertainment on the road, 4 years in a row, and I'll keep heading south for more every summer.

:happy65:

NOW back on topic...or was going south the topic?

Not meanin to hijack the thread for sake of a joke but this one seems appropriate to the discussion...

Tenjuberrymud

Room Service (RS): "Morny, Ruin Sorbees."

Guest (G): "Sorry, I thought I dialed Room Service."

RS: Rye...Ruinsorbees...morny! Djuwish to odor sunteen?

G: Un...Yes...I'd like some bacon and eggs.

RS: Ow july den?

G: What?

RS: Ow july den?...pry, boy, pooch?

G: Oh, the eggs! How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please.

RS: Ow july dee baychem...crease?

G: Crisp will be fine.

RS: Hokay. An san toes?

G: I don't think so.

RS: No? Judo one toes??

G: I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what "judo one toes"

means.

RS: Toes! Toes!...Why djuw don juan toes? Ow bow inglish moppig we

bother?

G: English muffin!! I've got it! You were saying "Toast!" Fine.

Yes an english muffin will be fine.

RS: We bother?

G: No...just put the bother on the side.

RS: Wad?

G: I mean butter...just put it on the side.

RS: Copy?

G: Sorry?

RS: Copy...Tea...Mill?

G: Yes, coffee please and that's all.

RS: One minnie. *** ruin torino fee, strangle ache, crease baychem,

tossy inglish moppig we bother honey sign, and copy...rye??

G: Whatever you say.

RS: Tenjuberrymud.

G: You're welcome.

:rotf: :rotf: