IGNORED

Hi from the new Guy...

screamstone

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bud,

Welcome!! I am sure you will love that ride, I bought my MM in August of last year and I ABSOLUTELY love it, in the year I put about 15k miles on it and she is going strong as ever. Hope you enjoy it...oh yeah by the way...I am sure you are gonna make several of us jealous with your trailer....you definitely bought a nice combo.....Good Luck with it..:dancefool:Artie:thumbsup2:

sweet rig !!!! But like Yammer say's practice handling in tight manouvers at a crawl, because that is were the venture differs from other bikes and is at its most awkward. Above 5 mph and at high speed the venture practically handles itself and you just need to enjoy the RIDE:thumbsup::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Hey Right on.. I thought it was just me. I hopped on my Dad's Gold Wing and turned it around in his driveway at snails pace. I thought it was balanced perfectly. However, My midnight, I still have trouble turning a small radius. I've only had it 2 months though. I guess I'll get used to it, but the GW just floats around the corners. I still like the way the RSV looks and sounds.

Oops.. I forgot to tell you where in South FL... I'm in Wellington, it's the west end of West Palm Beach area (really close to Lion Country Safari!)

Oh, and it looks like I'll be trying to fly in the night of the 28th, and then start heading home on the new baby on the 29th in the am... I was a youth pastor a few years in college in Savannah, and I hope to visit some of my old "kids" down there...

We will be home that weekend, so you do have a place to stay for free, besides what kind of pie do you like? Just let us know for sure what your plans are.

Welcome to the world of venture riding. You will love the MM. I purchased mine in March, 2008 and have logged over 12K miles. Now have 44,500 on clock. Still runs great, especially, after I had the carbs synched at RedRider's MD last month. You've got a great looking combo and many, many miles of enjoyable riding ahead of you.

Ride safe and send us pics as you make it your own.

Jerry

We will be home that weekend, so you do have a place to stay for free, besides what kind of pie do you like? Just let us know for sure what your plans are.

Wow!! That's so generous! I'll pm you with details, I may have another person with me, so I don't know if that changes it for you. But to answer the question, I love apple pie!! I also have a great homemade salsa recipe I can bring!!! I can't wait to start meeting you guys!! I'm still shocked at what a friendly and amazing group of people are here!!!

And I'd love to get some help tweaking the carbs for whoever mentioned it. I've read the pages on it but its still Greek!

Depends...

Who bakes the pies???? LOL!

Wherever is easiest and I'll be the least trouble! I think you might be the only one that's offered a night's stay that I can remember... But I'm flexible! I'm just so grateful for all the offers. I'm coming in at 5:30, so maybe we can go over to get the bike, and all share dinner that night? A mini-meetup!!!

If we eat at someone's house I have a great homemade salsa recipe! And if we eat out, I'll insist on buying dinner for whoever's loaning me a couch for the evening! :-D

The sleeperhawk's have beds actually. They've had a bunch of us at their house at one time. Bobbie bakes the pies (sleeperhawk's mechanic) and there good. You joined more then a motorcycle group we truly are family on here. Folks will go out of their way to help members. So enjoy your visit, you'll be glad you joined this site.

Margaret

Depends...

Who bakes the pies???? LOL!

Wherever is easiest and I'll be the least trouble! I think you might be the only one that's offered a night's stay that I can remember... But I'm flexible! I'm just so grateful for all the offers. I'm coming in at 5:30, so maybe we can go over to get the bike, and all share dinner that night? A mini-meetup!!!

If we eat at someone's house I have a great homemade salsa recipe! And if we eat out, I'll insist on buying dinner for whoever's loaning me a couch for the evening! :-D

Send me the salsa recipe....I love GOOD salsa,hotter the better!

Hmmm... I may take you up on that! I will, in fact, be coming thru Jax on Sunday morning!!! Does it take long to do???

rs

It'll need to sit a bit to cool down but I figure maybe an hour tops. It should take only 15-20 minutes for the actual sync. One suggestion....before you leave, add a 1/2 can of SeaFoam cleaner into the tank. This will give the carbs a good cleaning prior to the sync. Sleeperhawk can help you with that detail...But watch him like a hawk...hes looking for a trailer desperately...

Ill PM you my cell #

Send me the salsa recipe....I love GOOD salsa,hotter the better!

here it is for everyone:

1 Can Ro-Tel chile and tomatoes (the only cheat since it's canned)

5-6 roma (plum) tomoates- finely diced

1/2 onion finely diced

1 clove garlic finely minced

dash of salt (to taste- i prefer very little or none- the chips have enough!)

a dash of red wine vinegar (to taste- i prefer very little)

To make it spicier, double the onion and garlic, and add some Cayanne pepper (add pepper to taste.)

I also experiment with other spices- Garlic pepper, Blackening seasoning, etc... but the recipe at top is the basic recipe... AMAZING at a football game or party. Always goes in no time flat!

And for those of you that haven't known the joy of rotel queso- Simply mix a can of rotel with a block of velveeta cheese (diced to make it melt faster) and nuke it for a few minutes until it's hot cheesy goodness or drop it in a crock pot (stir frequently so it doesn't burn/curdle). Easy and shockingly good!