IGNORED

updated Regulator/Rectifier Group Buy

There may be around 50 ordered, but like previously posted the total mentioned is still around 25-30. I'm sure by the time Squeeze is through dealing with the seller the final price will be figured out, and then it's a matter of sending the payment via paypal to either Squeeze or JB to be forwarded to the dealer. I've personally done several group buys for the board and that's the way I've done it in the past. I'd be interested to know what you paid via Ebay, and maybe a liink to the sellers auctions?? Also, I've never heard of this rectifyer before. When you find something like this on Ebay you might mention it to the other members. Some might have been interested even at the auction price.

This was all started on another thread.

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37971]has anyone explored alternative voltage regulator... - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

Read that thread and all of your questions will be answered. In it, Squeeze stated that a rec/reg of this type was the best on the market. Another poster (Salty Dog) describes the one that he got and how he mounted it. I then found one on ebay and posted where I got it from, the price I paid, the price for shipping, the man's tel.# and e-mail address and what ever other information that was pertinent was posted there. That is when Squeeze thought of a group buy and asked me to look into one. I am the one who called the man and after that all contacts for the buy was done by e-mail. All the e-mails that I and the man sent each other are posted in that thread. Once this was established Squeeze started this thread just to see who wanted in on the deal. Although the group buy was Squeez's idea, so far he has made no contact at all with the man who has these available although he certainly can because as of now I'm not going to have anything else to do with it. There are many more than 25 or 30 who want one or more of these. Is it your opinion to leave these other 20 or so people out of the deal because the number of 25 or 30 was arbitrarily used as a number when I called and got the deal?

I'm completely at a loss as to your attitude concerning this as if I'm a crook or con man. Have a wonderful day as I am and I'm done with this thread.

Dick

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was all started on another thread.

has anyone explored alternative voltage regulator... - VentureRider.Org

Read that thread and all of your questions will be answered. In it, Squeeze stated that a rec/reg of this type was the best on the market. Another poster (Salty Dog) describes the one that he got and how he mounted it. I then found one on ebay and posted where I got it from, the price I paid, the price for shipping, the man's tel.# and e-mail address and what ever other information that was pertinent was posted there. That is when Squeeze thought of a group buy and asked me to look into one. I am the one who called the man and after that all contacts for the buy was done by e-mail. All the e-mails that I and the man sent each other are posted in that thread. Once this was established Squeeze started this thread just to see who wanted in on the deal. Although the group buy was Squeez's idea, so far he has made no contact at all with the man who has these available although he certainly can because as of now I'm not going to have anything else to do with it. There are many more than 25 or 30 who want one or more of these. Is it your opinion to leave these other 20 or so people out of the deal because the number of 25 or 30 was arbitrarily used as a number when I called and got the deal?

I'm completely at a loss as to your attitude concerning this as if I'm a crook or con man. Have a wonderful day as I am and I'm done with this thread.

Dick

You have a PM....

rhncue .. there's no need to get itchy. I thank you for what you've done for us and appreciate it. Condor sure didn't meant to get your Blood Pressure raised.

I didn't contact the Seller because i don't want him to get confused by various People talking to him and complicate the Situation.

There's nothing wrong with JB's offer, but since he already mentioned his limited spare Time, I just had hope somebody would step up to plate and make it happen. I'd do it myself, but not being in US isn't helpful at all in this Matter.

We have a count for 44 Units as of now. Since most Member had the Chance to voice their Interest after their Return from the Int' Meeting. I close the List for now.

I hope we have a Taker here soon ... Let's wait for the Night to come.

OK, after seeing no one else step up, I will assume the mantle of this group buy. There will be a few ground rules laid out, just to make sure everything is fair.

1) I will contact the seller and see how many he is willing to part with on this single purchase/single ship to me.

2) Your money will need to be posted to my PayPal account before the purchase, as I do not have the extra funds to pay for you.

3) Everyone (depending on the amount available) will be able to purchase at least one unit. Multi-unit sales to a single person will be fulfilled after everyone gets one. We will be able to confirm the total amount available before you send your money and order to me.

4) Shipping will be via USPS Priority flat rate boxes, probably around 4.95US for that, Canada extra, I will check into that.

5) First come, first served. I will check the original post for the correct order.

6) I will check into how many plastic connectors he can supply, hopefully enough for our order. However, on the terminals and weather covers, we may have to pursue that separately. These should be available at your local electronics shop.

7) Finally (or I HOPE so!), I have to fit this into my otherwise boring, dreary life (yeah right, what's THAT!), so do not expect any miracles. I will try and do my best.

Let the b******g begin!

I've gotta go out and work on my daughters car now, will be back on here around 10 or so.

Dan

OK, after seeing no one else step up, I will assume the mantle of this group buy. There will be a few ground rules laid out, just to make sure everything is fair.

Dan

Glad to hear :thumbsup2:, let the charging begin, both on the bikes & C.C. accounts to paypal....

• 11 months later...

Was the group buy ever completed ? Does anyone have an extra they would like to part with ? Can I still get in on the group buy ? I understand this is for a Shindengen FHO12AA regulator / rectifier that will work on my 1990 Yamaha Venture Royale. How can I participate in the group buy at that FANTASTIC price ?

Was the group buy ever completed ? Does anyone have an extra they would like to part with ? Can I still get in on the group buy ? I understand this is for a Shindengen FHO12AA regulator / rectifier that will work on my 1990 Yamaha Venture Royale. How can I participate in the group buy at that FANTASTIC price ?

This group buy & shipping, was completed almost 10 months ago.