IGNORED

More useless info, dealer rumor

ediddy

I am at the dealer in Tallahassee, Fl for my 44,000 service and new tires. Just got through talking to the dealer about the venture. This dealer doesn't think there will be a venture in 2010. He thinks it's over for the venture all together. He says the sales aren't good on the venture and yamaha isn't spending any money on anything. There isn't going to be a dealer meeting this year. A yamaha rep is going to visit each dealer and go over the 2010 lineup. This dealer said yamaha makes a good product but the people at the headquarters in Japan don't listen and don't care what dealers have to say. He said he felt sorry for the guy over the USA operation because he wants to see changes but they won't even listen to him in Japan. This dealer said he had been to many dealer meeting over the years and that the USA executives will talk with you and listen but when the execs from Japan come in they won't even speak to the dealers. They get before the group and give a talk and leave. He also said he thinks the only thing that could get yamaha of Japan to keep a touring bike would be the kawasaki voyager. If it sales then maybe yamaha will re consider. He pointed out that on the new vmax yamaha wanted a $1,000 deposit before they would order one. He said very few people will pay a deposit without even seeing a bike. Japan told the dealers if they got 2,500 orders they would bring the new vmax to the us. There were only 1,900 orders so the head of yamaha usa sent a message to all yamaha employees to please order a vmax if they were interested or there wouldn't be one. He said they wound up with 2,100 orders so Japan introduced the v-max even though there weren't 2,500 order. Now for the disclaimer. Who knows. We hear all kind of rumors and they are worth what they cost. Nothing. But I thought I would pass this along. Maybe we need a section for useless yamaha rumors.

.... Japan told the dealers if they got 2,500 orders they would bring the new vmax to the us. There were only 1,900 orders so the head of yamaha usa sent a message to all yamaha employees to please order a vmax if they were interested or there wouldn't be one... .

That Part of the Statement is not true. The VMAX was developed through and all these Expenses in 10 Years have been made. Wether the Orders would come in or not. There's a Book from Yamaha, named "Unitized" which every Owner of a new VMAx gets from Yamaha. They cover the whole Story about Development, their Goals and so on..

Now, the Part that those Yammi Reps from Japan don't listen to anybody seems to be true. Heard the same Stories here in Germany and their european Headquarters.

Nevertheless, I'm very confident about seeing a new Venture in 2010 or 2011.

I got my 2006 RSV. I'm 65 (almost 66) so this will be my last scooter. Hope the younger riders have as good a bike to ride then they get to be a senior citizen but I'm happy that I'm still riding.

I'm 62 but I will never be almost 63 ... I ain't anxious to get there LOL (just ribbin ya)

Personally, I no longer give a tinker's damn if there is no 2010 Venture ... I got my '06 now and this will most likely be my last scoot in my lifetime ... (maybe something different in my next life) :scratchchin:

Mine might be my last bike as well. I'm perfectly happy with my scoot. If I do get another bike it I would not buy another Venture unless they make improvements. Seems crazy that all the competition is making modifications and Yamaha keeps throwing out the same bike year after year. :think:

Yamaha makes a TON of different products and I think they tend to push those products that are in highest demand ... things like dirt bikes, Snow machines, ATV's, PWC's, Crotch Rockets, etc, etc ... the big touring bikes are just not big sellers like all those other things. I doubt they'll put a lot of emphasis on producing a 3rd gen Venture anytime soon ... but, I've been wrong in the past ... once! :D

Several new VMAX on ebay for $15000...what happened to the deposit and wait not to mention the full retail price they selling them for..

Seems that did not work for them. They were expected folks to knock the door down to get one...in this economy? Come on. There are a lot of 09 Ventures still on the show room...in fact there are a lot of 08's still on the show room...

Why? economy...price to high...no changes since 99

That new Vstar 950 seems to be selling pretty good but really none of the street bikes from any company are matching sales they had 2-3 years ago. Gas prices go up through this cap and trade bill our goverment is pushing...maybe they will see a few more.

I am hoping they do come out with an improved version of the Venture. Am I gonna buy a new one? Not so sure right now. If it looks like that space ship victory...no way I will walk. :confused24:

I'm 51 with an '07 so I don't see me with another bike. The styling is classic and the engine will run forever. The 1st Gens are running great and I know the 2nd Gen will hold up just as well. I guess if I'm still able to handle 900lbs on 2 wheels at 80 I may just treat myself.:backinmyday:

( I do like to look though )

My RSV is only 10 years old. You first geners have proven we can ride these forever. Maybe that's Harley's "advantage", you need to replace them more often :whistling:. If I ever need to replace this bike there are plenty more used RSV's to be had.

It would be nice to see a revised RSV, bit I am not holding my breath for that to happen.

If I had the cash to have a stable of bikes, I'd buy a Stratoliner and the new V-Max. But that ain't happening either.

Edited by juggler

I heard from my dealer last week that his normal bike allocation is typically 110% of what he sold the previous year. For 2010 he has been told that the allocation will only be 70% of last year. Seems their slowing or stopping production on several models due to the economy. He mentioned that there will be no 2010 kids trail bike because they already have enough inventory of the 2009 bike to carry them through next year.

He also said the Vstar 1100 is being discontinued.

DT

The dealer was talking about the new vmax with the 1800cc engine, not the old vmax. It has been around for awhile. The 950 or is it 900 vstar is yamaha's best seller. I think it was ranked number 8 for sales for all bikes.

I am 65 and I doubt I will be buying another cruiser, this one should last until I am too old and feeble to handle it. At that time I will downsize so I can keep riding. My older son is waiting for that day as he wants the bike, no mater how old. A member of our Legion just got a sidecar put on as he can no longer hold his bike up, he is 90. One problem for Yamaha is that mostly older people ( in years not spirit ) buy cruisers and they tend to hang on to them for a long time.

That being said I could be tempted by a Venture with some V Max and FJ dna. I may be older but I am not that old.

If Honda was stupid enough to stop producing and selling the Valkyries, don't put it past Yamaha to stop making the Venture.

Competing against Goldwings and Ultra Classics must be very difficult. That's pretty much all you see on the highways nowadays. Even the new Kaw Voyager isn't selling, I'm told.

Maybe ending the Venture is a good business decision, but the touring market will definitely suffer. The Honda isn't for everyone. The UC is way too small for true traveling comfort, in my opinion.

A true redesign of the Venture isn't needed, either. Just some tweaks, like FI and better brakes, more guages on the dash and a better sound system. I personally believe the bike already has plenty of power for touring.

The EPA is going to eventually force HD to go water cooled. Maybe they're redesign the UC and those of us not sure if we'll keep the Ventures forever will have a good option.

Edited by YamaGeezer
Spelling

I am 65 and I doubt I will be buying another cruiser, this one should last until I am too old and feeble to handle it. At that time I will downsize so I can keep riding. My older son is waiting for that day as he wants the bike, no mater how old. A member of our Legion just got a sidecar put on as he can no longer hold his bike up, he is 90. One problem for Yamaha is that mostly older people ( in years not spirit ) buy cruisers and they tend to hang on to them for a long time.

That being said I could be tempted by a Venture with some V Max and FJ dna. I may be older but I am not that old.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Need to try a sidecar to see if that would do it. Just don't think I would like trike.

Competing against Goldwings and Ultra Classics must be very difficult. That's pretty much all you see on the highways nowadays.

I've seen more Ventures, on the road in the last week than I've seen in the past couple years. I was surprised to see about one every day last week on my ride home (no, not the same one). Saw 2 on my ride up to Estes and back yesterday alone.

According to MY dealer....

While looking at & discussing the new Kaw Voyager, he said he sells A LOT of Ventures, 'Several a week'. (B.S. ?) - I don't see many on the road, but then again he is from the next town over. Maybe they are all over there.

He does sell them for a grand or two less than the guys here in Omaha.

As far as a new Venture, I wonder if the V-4 is hurting the sales. Seems like everyone wants the 'potato, potato' sound. - I know I am getting tire of mine sounding like a sewing machine, (saving for pipes).

The cruiser Market is pretty full with almost any model / size you want. As stated above, GW & HD are stiff competitors for any other touring machines.

craigr