IGNORED

has anyone explored alternative voltage regulator...

I've got his e-mail address also but have to look it up if interested. he's real easy to do business with.

Dick

Well cough up the addy!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm waiting for a stator from Buckeye, might as well change the regulator out too, with those numbers..........

:mo money:

13.85 V at Idle is great !!!

Good Job !!

Didi you ask the Fellow about a Group Buy ?

Sorry. I haven't talked to the man except through a couple of e-mails. I just looked and got his name and tel#. Apparently these are what were used on The new Indian Motorcycles they were building for awhile as that is who is selling them. I'll give the tel# a call on Mon. and see what they have to say.

Dick

Sorry. I haven't talked to the man except through a couple of e-mails. I just looked and got his name and tel#. Apparently these are what were used on The new Indian Motorcycles they were building for awhile as that is who is selling them. I'll give the tel# a call on Mon. and see what they have to say.

Dick

Any update on this ?

Stock Location is not the best because it's more out to the Elements and the new R/R is has a larger Footprint, but is more flat than the stock Unit.

The Reason why they choose to mount it there because the standard R/R will get hot and needs to be vented, the new one won't get hot, so no need for intense Vent.

Stock Location is not the best because it's more out to the Elements and the new R/R is has a larger Footprint, but is more flat than the stock Unit.

The Reason why they choose to mount it there because the standard R/R will get hot and needs to be vented, the new one won't get hot, so no need for intense Vent.

Here is the e-mail that he sent to me after I called:

"Hi Dick,

Thanks for the call! I’d be happy to sell you more regulators.

The majority of what I have left have been installed, but then pulled, so there are scratches on the bottom plate, but still never used.

I have some of the connectors, but not sure how many sets of crimp terminals & cavity plugs I can get my hands on. >

Let me know how many you are looking for and we will go from there.

I also have a bunch of Yuasa / Interstate batteries if you know anyone interested in them. We over bought and they have been sitting for a year. I sold several on ebay after giving them a refresher charge and the customer was pleased with the 5 he bought.

Thanks again,

Dave "

Dave Dudziak

Buyer

ddudziak@indianmotorcycle.com

p: 704.937.4020

f: 704.937.7776

My reply was:

Hello Dave, I belong to the Venture Riders on line motorcycle club or group. Any way there are a large number of old and new Yamaha venture bike owners. The first generations 83 - 93 have old technology reg/recs and many would like to up grade. Another rider had got an aftermarket reg. on e-bay and told that it worked very well so I got one from you and when I stated that on one of the forums, a number of others said they would also like to do that. One Yamaha mechanic from Germany asked me to see if we could get a group discount of any sort for buying like 20 or 25 of them. Since I have your e-mail address and ph.# they asked me to contact you. That's how we stand as of today.

What do you think,

Dick

Edited by rhncue

Thank you !!

Now, we need some who picks up the Torch and get something organized and going.

I'll stick with 5 Units, complete with Connectors and Terminals, Danob11 wants one as well as Rocket and ozlander ... that'll be eight so far ...

If the Folks are back from the Hub, i'm in believe we could get something going ...

I started a new Thread about a Group Buy here ...

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?p=369822#post369822]updated Regulator/Rectifier Group Buy - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

Hey mbrood

Got a question for ya. I've been changing out my marker and running lights to LED's. Add on lights and mounts.

Now I'm down to converting the mini Barons and the double lights on the rear light bar to the LED blade types to replace the stock bulbs. I found everything I need on the site you referred to and it was like Xmas. Big list!

But my question is from what you have done so far is replacing the stock bulb with a white LED the way to go or did you put any red LED's behind red lenses?

My concern would be the red LED might be dimmer under a red lense but haven't played with that yet so I thought I would ask before I placed my order.

I installed the Buckeye upgrade stator a while back with a new AGM battery and that handles the load well but it would be nice to keep the demand for juice to a minimumn.

Thanks

Mike

Hey mbrood

But my question is from what you have done so far is replacing the stock bulb with a white LED the way to go or did you put any red LED's behind red lenses?

My concern would be the red LED might be dimmer under a red lense but haven't played with that yet so I thought I would ask before I placed my order.

Mike

Actually you have it backwards, A red lens with a white bulb will filter out all of the light that is not red, all of the non red spectrum is wasted, putting a red led behind a red lens means that you will get the full rated brightness of the led coming out since the lens will only allow the red light to pass.