IGNORED

Time to convert to Supporting Members Only

Freebird

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with 7,000 members and only 1,200 paying members that means 5,800 less people

that will be able to share there thoughts . but if those people paid dues that would be

69,600.00 . That would help fund a lot of needs for this site ! .and this club. when I get the extra money Ill send itin,Freebird. Its been nice chatting with some of you .seem like a nice group of people. with good values and morles.:thumbdown::think:

You're ignoring something; out of 7000, how many have moved on and never visit this site again for whatever reason? And from those 1200 supporting members only a fraction will post. So why are so many contributing (and unless I miss my guess more then the requisite $12.00)? I think you are missing the reasoning behind the annual fee. Maybe next time you participate in a poker run, or buy your Starbucks double Latte, you should remember the reason for this minimal annual fee.

IN the state of Mi.------they drank--------coffee and such from 'Tim Horton'--------had some up in Saginaw? have had better@ 7-11 or 'micki-dees'------Always rem."that some people STILL got that 1st dollar----they've ever made!------When I was on the 'other site' $20 was a BARGIN-----and now $12-------people should b raising holy hands.-----and some people R just CHEAP----always lookin fer a free ride------here is a novel idea: may b they should change parties!!!!--------Yrs. ago Richard Pryor was in a movie called 'CAR WASH' ------He portrayed a hip Reverand----his memorable line was {VOTE FOR ME and I'll set you Free]------the new phrase is Change[as in $$$$$$$$$$$]-----waiting fer the ship to sail in!!!!! I BELIEVE that some forgot to BOARD------------soooo dig deep into your pockets, BROTHERS and SISTERS---------------$12 is 'THE BEST DEAL' that has come along in '09---------by far!!!!!!!!!!:mo money::mo money::sign isnt that spec:usa::usa::sun1::cool10:

To anyone who is on the fence about joining this group.....

You WILL pay one way or the other. At some point you will experience something similar to what I just went through.....probably not the exact same thing, but similar.

One day a problem with your bike will pop up that you don't know how to resolve. What do you do? If you are not a supporting member, you probably tinker around with it, scratch your head a bit, then end up taking the bike to a dealer and pay them $70 an hour while their 19 year old mechanic (who has probably never seen a Venture or RSTD before except in pictures, and can't even spell "schematic") uses the trial-and-error" method to troubleshoot your problems. Break out the BIG checkbook (or plastic) for this service call. If you're lucky, they may actually find and repair your problem with as little as a $500 repair bill.

OR....method #2: Pay your $12 annual membership. Post your issue. Be prepared to answer questions and try things that are suggested. Due to the immense knowledge of this site's members, and their willingness -- even eagerness -- to help your problems will likely be resolved in a matter of hours at little to no cost. I've seen this happen time and time again on this site.

Your choice.....pay a teeny-weeny membership now.....or fork over the BIG BUCKS later.

Joe

AMEN FreezyRider !!

To anyone who is on the fence about joining this group.....

You WILL pay one way or the other. At some point you will experience something similar to what I just went through.....probably not the exact same thing, but similar.

One day a problem with your bike will pop up that you don't know how to resolve. What do you do? If you are not a supporting member, you probably tinker around with it, scratch your head a bit, then end up taking the bike to a dealer and pay them $70 an hour while their 19 year old mechanic (who has probably never seen a Venture or RSTD before except in pictures, and can't even spell "schematic") uses the trial-and-error" method to troubleshoot your problems. Break out the BIG checkbook (or plastic) for this service call. If you're lucky, they may actually find and repair your problem with as little as a $500 repair bill.

OR....method #2: Pay your $12 annual membership. Post your issue. Be prepared to answer questions and try things that are suggested. Due to the immense knowledge of this site's members, and their willingness -- even eagerness -- to help your problems will likely be resolved in a matter of hours at little to no cost. I've seen this happen time and time again on this site.

Your choice.....pay a teeny-weeny membership now.....or fork over the BIG BUCKS later.

Joe

with 7,000 members and only 1,200 paying members that means 5,800 less people

that will be able to share there thoughts . but if those people paid dues that would be

69,600.00 . That would help fund a lot of needs for this site ! .and this club. when I get the extra money Ill send itin,Freebird. Its been nice chatting with some of you .seem like a nice group of people. with good values and morles.:thumbdown::think:

I don't understand...

Am I to infer from your post that your not able to remain a member??? That would seem quite odd with the Supporting Member label by your name...

Folks, lets not get up in the air over this. The fact is, the 7500 members is a nice number but if you look at all the posts, you will see that the vast majority of the members that have been active have indeed stepped up to the plate and it is much appreciated. The 7000+ members have registered over a period of years. Some registered and never posted at all and some never even came back. Some sold their bikes and moved to other brands and sites that better support those brands. There are a LOT of reasons. The fact is, most sites are lucky if 10% of the registered members are active at any level. I feel pretty good about our numbers and am not disappointed at all.

I will also say this. I think that $12.00 per year is VERY cheap. That is a single dollar per month. Most folks could pick up and cash in enough coke bottles or cans to pay that amount. I do understand and am sensitive to the fact though that some people are going through some REALLY hard times right now and though they could probably come up with the $12.00, they can also find plenty of more necessary things to spend that $12.00 on. A few members have sent extra dues and asked that it be used for anybody who is truly going through hard times but would like to remain a member. I have honored those requests and have awarded memberships to a handful of folks that I truly felt were sincere in wanting to stay.

I would hate to lose a single member that TRULY can't come up with $12.00 at this time.

A few members have sent extra dues and asked that it be used for anybody who is truly going through hard times but would like to remain a member.

I never even thought about making that sort of request, but feel free to spend any extra $'s I sent on just that sort of thing...

Doug

A few members have sent extra dues and asked that it be used for anybody who is truly going through hard times but would like to remain a member.

The heck with that, spend it on yourself, you've got bills most of us never hope to see!! Hope that's what you did with the excess I sent you!

I don't post much either, only when I do have a problem, or trying to figure out something. I am a cheap guy, watch my money. But, I agree that the $12 was the right price, and well worth the knowledge I have received from this site.

I would like to meet some of you from the Kansas City area, but have not yet seen a meet & great or even a Bike run. Hopefully soon.

THANKS DON!!!! Great site.

Just the tech library is worth the twelve bucks. I bought my Venture on 7 July 2008 And now have more than 40,000 miles on it. this site has saved me a bunch of headaches and trouble. Hell my dealership even references it. They are the ones who told me about it. (rambleing) Any way when you ride those kind of miles it is great to know that should you ever have trouble out in the boonies all you got to do is find a wifi and log on. Some one will be able to help. Not to mention the entertaining stuff. Thanks Don for all you do and forall you have done. :thumbsup::clap2::happy65::bowdown:

i am thankfull this site is here. and happy to pay dues. i have a repair manual for my bike. but people here has helped me more by reading about some one else problems like mine. and have found more goodies than i need on here. but looking for more . thanks again :bowdown:

If it wasn't for this site, my First Gen wouldn't still be on the road.....I would have never tackled a few upgrades without the knowledge I learned on this site....Thank you Don.:clap2:

Is that $12.00 a month per member or per family?

Such a great job you have done here. This site is so helpful to me. I have figured out all that I have needed to know about my 2007 RSTD, thanks to all the great people on this site. I want to highly recommend it to everyone. I don't even have a parts manual, but it is on this site. I also would like to take this oppertunity to thank everyone that shows thier respect and watches thier language use here. I for one do really appreciate the folks here and the comrodity.

Sincerily, James

This site is worth soooo much to all of us that ride a yamaha or any bike for that matter. The willingness of those on this site to share information that saves us all alot of time by always answering questions and provide quick and easy fixes to our own mechanical issues or upgrades. Justed drilled out my rk pipes via this site and thanks to Don's photo (Freebird) how to remove the RSV gas tank allowed me to tackle changing spark plugs all by myself. that was awesome and pure satisfaction to do it yourself with the help of so many on this site. Thanks Don and many others who take the time to share their knowledge and experience. God Bless Brian D.:thumbsup:

Edited by Brian D.