IGNORED

Maintainance day Wisconsin

jemorrisonjr

Could be fun. Even just for the get together.

I can synch carbs on 2nd gens and pull wheels and change oil, but I don't have a tire changer.

We'll be gone to the ABATE Summer Hummer this weeked, but not a whole lot on the calendar for a couple weeks after that.

Later, Scooter Bob

Sounds like a great idea to me, but looking at my summer ride calendar, weekends are mostly full for me. Later in July and same in Aug, I'd be able to come.

I'm sure everyone else has the same type of summer-------full.

I always think of summer as a bunch of weekends and they go by very fast.

Hope it works out.

Steve

I will be there if the dates work out maybe we can come uo with a couple of dates and see what works for most people. Iknow I really want to make it but I have about 4 or 5 weekends already full.

I'll check and see what you guys come up with I'm on my way out the door to get my new to me 07 RSV can't wait.

Jeff

I was there! Didn't stay long but can't wait to get together with you again. You guy's should a seen it he had a fella so scared he was up on the roof trying to stay out of the way. HeHe.. Seriously Curt didn't even get a chance to say thanks properly, THANK YOU and I look forward to doing that again. You are a first class Suamicoanarian... or whatever you guys call yourselves. I'm booked til the weekend of the 18 and 19 of July tho. Dan

Just wondering if we have a date yet. Also I have an 07 with 5000 miles just picked it up what would you do for maintainence on it and what would you do yourself or take to dealer, I'm thinking about the warranty I don't want to do anything to jeporadize that

Jeff

I would love to come. I missed The other MD due to previous commitments, (That's my story and I'm sticking to it). Labor day weekend and the first half of July would suck for me. But if I can make it, I would like to see some carb diaphragm changes and slide needle mods. I haven't checked my diaphragms lately, but I would like to do the needle mod and then a proper sync. I also have an occasional cough when cold I haven't gotten around to fixing yet.

Thanks. Bill

Just wondering if we have a date yet. Also I have an 07 with 5000 miles just picked it up what would you do for maintainence on it and what would you do yourself or take to dealer, I'm thinking about the warranty I don't want to do anything to jeporadize that

Jeff

Do the rear lube and oil changes for sure...won't hurt your warranty. If you have someone other than the dealer sync your carbs (assuming they know what they're doing :) )...won't hurt your warranty. No problem with the brake and clutch fluids, or radiator fluid as far as warranty goes.

I'm just up the road from you in Suamico (in Appleton all the time though as our oldest daughter and grandkids live there)...100k between 99 and 06 RSVs, if you've got a question or need help with something, let me know. Don't know a lot a tricks, but might be able to show one or two :).

Also, if you're thinking dealer service .. I'd recommend the ride to the Donahue's in Wisconsin Rapids over either TWL or TM for service...especially if you want someone who knows the V4 (and in particular 1st and 2d Gen Ventures) inside and out!

Curt

p.s. Dan .. it was nice to meet you! Sorry you weren't able to stay longer...you missed a great lunch