IGNORED

Does anybody here have the Utopia back rest ?

Hummingbird

I can see that problem. The adjustments are up and down yes, but the forward and back adjustment is really only changing the angle of the backrest around a stationery point. The position of bracket is stationery and even with the adjustment screw all the way out and the backrest leaning all the way back towards the rear of the bike, the bottom of the it is still pretty much in the same spot.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/Sh5xDAhMYmI/AAAAAAAAB-0/SlMhvlocUIk/s512/P5270279.JPG

YamaDuck: by whacking the bracket and opening the angle of it, didnt you wind up pushing the top part, the point where the backrest connects to the bracket too far into the rear seat?

STILL, an awesome product!

Oh it's a great product! We didn't open it up much. Just enough to move the bottom of the pad back a little so that it is over the rear of the seat instead of blocking the rear of the seat being to far forward (if that makes any since). You can still adjust the seat at the pivot point with the screw. Mine was fine but my friend just didn't want it so far forward so we adjusted it a little with a big hammer. :thumbsup2:

Oh and by the way it does wrinkle the forward portion of the rear seat a little.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these, but my 05 RSTD has a mustang studded solo seat. Will this backrest mount in back of the solo seat or what. not sure about how it mounts.

I called utopia and she wasn't sure. She did say that I wouldn't be cutting a slot in the seat for sure. That it frame mounted. She offered to send me a bracket to see if it would work.

If I got a mustang, I'd have to order a different seat.

Maybe I'll get a hold of Diamond R.

Any help would be appreciated. (by my back)

Steve

Okay, Because of the stiff leg I am going to alter my seats. I need to sit further back to allow my right leg to get to the floorboard and the back brake. I am having an extra pad/cushion made that will raise me up higher on seat-then stiff leg angles "down" better

Question: Can you remove this, or any other back rest easily?? When I get on or off the bike I have to move up onto the pillion seat (to then swing stiff leg over tank) so the back rest would need to be re-moveable, is there such a thing??:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question

The only one I've seen that could be removed easily would be the Corbin seat with backrest. It has a screw that can be removed so that the backrest will just slide out. Just leave that screw out and it would work great. Corbins are expensive though and many people just don't like them because they are so hard. I LOVE mine.

Put one on my 03RSMV and 08RSV. Wouldn't ride without it. Comfortable, adjustable, easy to install and a great company to do business with. Had one of the chrome studs come off the RSMV backrest, they had me ship it back and replaced it no charge..

Annie- I have the Utopia on my 1st Gen and have the quick release. Just lift the backrest straight up and it's out of the way. I would imagine they have the quick release for a 2nd Gen as well.

Dave

Okay, Because of the stiff leg I am going to alter my seats. I need to sit further back to allow my right leg to get to the floorboard and the back brake. I am having an extra pad/cushion made that will raise me up higher on seat-then stiff leg angles "down" better

Question: Can you remove this, or any other back rest easily?? When I get on or off the bike I have to move up onto the pillion seat (to then swing stiff leg over tank) so the back rest would need to be re-moveable, is there such a thing??:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question