IGNORED

Margaret test drove a new car

muffinman

First off I've never bought a new car always got used. So when I was forced to look at cars the first thing I looked at was the convertible mustang. Then that darn practical side kicked in so I figured I should actually look at what was out there. Plus I'm kinda cheap. Really hated the thought of spending that 34,000 on a car even though I'd really like the car. So I tried out the honda, Jeff thinks this is his way of getting a goldwing eventually. Anyway it wasn't bad had good pick up and it's kinda cute. Oh yes I can reach the pedals. So I may just end up with one of these.

Oh I already do have two mustangs, so I can wait a bit till I add another. Hey Jeff has 6 bikes I can have three mustangs eventually.

Margaret

I watched a video on the Honda Insight... I noticed no running lights. What's happened to that rule that all (new) cars must have running lights? I see more and more now without them...even cop cars...did they do away with that?

I think the Honda is a great car and will give you MANY miles of service. They look pretty nice too.

As for the running lights...I'm not sure that it's law. I know that many Chrysler products do not have them. My company car is an '08 Caravan and it doesn't have them.

I am not impressed with the hybrids. I teach automotive and have been studying the new hybrids. The projected battery life is 80,000 to 100,000 miles. If you do the math and factor in the price of the battery ($3000.00-$5000.00), it is cheaper to buy a car that gets 30 mpg than a hybrid that gets 45 mpg unless you trade it in before it is time to buy a battery and even then I am concerned what the residual value will be because it will be time for new batteries. They are only using 60% of the capacity of the batteries trying to prolong their life. The only way I can see you coming out ahead on these cars is if you lease one.