IGNORED

Broke down and spent the money.

Danimal

So this morning after my first appointment at the chiropractor I took my bike to be serviced. It was gonna be a few hours so they offered me a goldwing to take for a ride. I did and they are nice bikes, great power and nicely built. After putting 120 miles on the 08 wing I'm now positive it's not the bike for me. However after looking at some of there ventures I noticed one, an 07 exactly like mine except it had about every acc. known to man on it. I was starting to miss my bike so I took a seat. The back pain immediately started to dissipate! So I said I gotta take a look at this backrest. Flip it over and it says utopia on it. OK I've heard of these looks like a quality backrest. Bike is finished so I rush home to beg mama to let me have one please o please baby I'll never ask for anything again the rest of my life! She says if it will help you ride further and longer get one. Placed the order about 60 seconds later. Can't wait for this sucker to come. They said the build and ship date is June 1. Cool!!! Now how long should I wait until I tell her I need cruiser pegs to help my back pain. hehe I seriously love that women.

Ok I'll help you out, now just take her to a meet and let some of the guys mention how much more comfortable and better for your back the pegs would be. This way you didn't really ask her. Hope that helps. Probably have to do that a few more times with whatever else you like before she just says get what you want and don't bother me.:)

Margaret

Oh Yeeeeaaaahhh, I have one and it really helps the back. Had back trouble most of my life and thought I would not be riding at my current age but I think the backrest has helped me continue riding.

I modified my a little to support the area of the back I needed supported. Great.

Hope it helps you also.

BOO

Danimal,

I posted about that bike a couple of weeks ago after stopping in to the dealer for a look around. It is a beautiful bike. However, they didn't want to move on the price at all.

If you are just looking for some highway pegs, I think there is a set in the mancave. They are just straight pegs that I changed out to offset longhorns.

You are welcome to use them. I would just ask that if you upgrade to different ones later on, pass them forward.

Let me know. I am just down the street from you in Fond du Lac.

RR

I just purchased ANOTHER Venture from Yuma AZ last week. It had one of these back rest installed. My first reaction? "Ho Hum..No big deal". Let me tell you..after 2000+ miles driving it home? It was a BIG DEAL! No back pain at all.

I will be installing one on my other two Ventures this Summer. Well worth the money.

Good for you!

You'll love it Danimal. I had a backrest on the shovelhead, 99 electraglide, and I put the Utopia on the RSV right away. I had a partial discectomy in 95, and still have issues ocasionally(mostly in winter) When my lower back hurts, I go for a ride, soothes it right out.

Enjoy, Scooter Bob

You are going to love it!!! Money well spent. I have one on my RSTD, its like riding a barca lounger... hehehe

I looked at the utopia web site. The seat's mounting hardware attached inside the passenger seat. Does that have any negative impact on the seating comfort of a passenger? I have an RSTD.

thx

Couldn't tell you, I only ride one up. By looking at it, it shouldn't really impact the passenger though. The bracket isn't too bulky and it comes with a wrap around pad. I will be posting some pics on my profile later today. You will be able to see it mounted and be able to make a better judgement call.

I have the Utopia on my '86 with the quick release. My wife doesn't like to ride with it in place as it restricts her space. She has room to sit but only if she never changes positions for the entire ride - not happenin'

Room for the passenger may be better on the second gen and others have moved the trunk back on the 1st gens.

But - I LOVE THE BACKREST!

Dave

Ok I'll help you out, now just take her to a meet and let some of the guys mention how much more comfortable and better for your back the pegs would be. This way you didn't really ask her. Hope that helps. Probably have to do that a few more times with whatever else you like before she just says get what you want and don't bother me.:)

Margaret

Thanks Mini for that awesome info!!!! I guess if you want to get a woman's perspective, all you have to do is ask!!!! I would have never thought of an answer like that! :clap2:

Big Mike....Who is now trying to get his back problems fixed by following Mini's advice.:rotf::beersign: